Sponsored

Front License Plate

slcoddity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
So, I live in Salt Lake City, I emailed the sales manager at the dealer few days ago saying not to drill the front bumper and I'm getting the sto-n-sho, but he replied that they have to put the front license bracket on as it is the Utah state law that they deliver the car with front license bracket on. Everyone I need your suggestions, How should I argue with him not to drill the bumper? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
So, I live in Salt Lake City, I emailed the sales manager at the dealer few days ago saying not to drill the front bumper and I'm getting the sto-n-sho, but he replied that they have to put the front license bracket on as it is the Utah state law that they deliver the car with front license bracket on. Everyone I need your suggestions, How should I argue with him not to drill the bumper? Thanks in advance!
Tell him to not drill your bumper or you won't accept the car. Bring the Sto and Sho in for them to install if he's going to be a all Hall Moniter about it.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
Tell him to not drill your bumper or you won't accept the car. Bring the Sto and Sho in for them to install if he's going to be a all Hall Moniter about it.
Agree.

Worst case, tell him to use some double sided tape to fasten on the stock one so he can fulfill his obligation.

Potrillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
Bring you Sto and Sho, if the plate bracket is on the car, tell them you want it replaced or won't take delivery. It takes a little more time to mount the Sto and Sho, if he wants the sale, he'll accommodate you.

twsnnva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium (Race Red)
I agree with everyone else. Virginia also requires a front plate and I made it clear I didn't want the front bracket installed. My car showed up early and I didn't have the Sto N Sho yet, so I offered to bring some double sided tape to install it temporarily. They didn't care and just handed me the plate.

Sponsored

Twenty15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium | DIB
Tell them to go pound sand. My dealer in Colorado did not drill my bumper. They did, however, put the gay dealer emblem on it when I asked them not to. No big, it is now gone.

JASON@ANCHOR-ROOM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ANCHOR-ROOM.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
My dealer gave me no push back- I told them, don't decal, wash or drill - I even drove for the PDI. Got the car with all the plastic and window stickers, no plate drilled (front or back).

Love it, great service!!