2018 MT-82 on the way OUT?

OP
OP
bschoon55

bschoon55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 2 SS 1LE, Former 2018 Mustang GT.
So I wanted to provide an overall update... symptoms of the car are still like they were in my original post... maybe a bit worse, but the car is still running around.

I've been to 2 Ford Dealers....................... Dealer #1 Said it was normal after doing a test drive with me and refused to do anything else to the car. Dealer #2 Agree'd the car doesn't sound normal at all and opened up a claim with Ford's warranty center. Ford told them we need to compare it with a Mustang GT Manual, with PP1 on it....................... As you can imagine, with the current car market... they don't have any to compare it with.

I said you have a 2020 Manual GT without PP1 on it, can we use that to compare it with at all? Now they're just ignoring me and want me to go away.

The dealers basically know it's screwed up, they know it'll be an uphill battle to fight for me since it's still under warranty, so they won't even attempt to help me. They just want me to shut up and disappear.... They just want the thing to completely break outside of warranty. Ughhhh.
Sponsored

• Sad
Reactions: dx2

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
So I wanted to provide an overall update... symptoms of the car are still like they were in my original post... maybe a bit worse, but the car is still running around.

I've been to 2 Ford Dealers....................... Dealer #1 Said it was normal after doing a test drive with me and refused to do anything else to the car. Dealer #2 Agree'd the car doesn't sound normal at all and opened up a claim with Ford's warranty center. Ford told them we need to compare it with a Mustang GT Manual, with PP1 on it....................... As you can imagine, with the current car market... they don't have any to compare it with.

I said you have a 2020 Manual GT without PP1 on it, can we use that to compare it with at all? Now they're just ignoring me and want me to go away.

The dealers basically know it's screwed up, they know it'll be an uphill battle to fight for me since it's still under warranty, so they won't even attempt to help me. They just want me to shut up and disappear.... They just want the thing to completely break outside of warranty. Ughhhh.
Did you try this route:
Stress politely that you want this problem taken care of and you want them
(dealer #2) to be the one who solves your problem which is why you would write a positive review after they helped you out.
You are willing to pay a little extra if they seriously go forward, like making the comparison with the other GT. At least this will continue the warranty process.

Might motivate them to go ahead and actually help you instead of putting you aside. I usually do this to signal my intention for not wanting to cause trouble or additional work or a be a pita / burden for them but that I am interested in problem solving even if it should cost a little bit. Eventually this will help them to know if you are cooperative in this case and that you are not a 'difficult' customer to deal with.

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
I have a 17 GT. I boosted my car at 15,000 miles. Lots of roll racing, mountain runs and General hard driving. At 20,000 miles I launched my car on unpopulated back rds maybe 10 times in a row because my buddy in his 17 M3 couldn’t accept that I was gapping him.

That day it started whining in 1,2,3, and 4th gear. Started researching and it seems it’s not uncommon for the MT82 to whine with some miles. Some more than others.

Car now has 24,300 miles. It still shifts and functions perfectly. 7700 rpm shifts are never a problem. Since my warranty is void I’m just going to keep driving until it has a problem. Just my experience.

OP
OP
bschoon55

bschoon55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 2 SS 1LE, Former 2018 Mustang GT.
Did you try this route:
Stress politely that you want this problem taken care of and you want them
(dealer #2) to be the one who solves your problem which is why you would write a positive review after they helped you out.
You are willing to pay a little extra if they seriously go forward, like making the comparison with the other GT. At least this will continue the warranty process.

Might motivate them to go ahead and actually help you instead of putting you aside. I usually do this to signal my intention for not wanting to cause trouble or additional work or a be a pita / burden for them but that I am interested in problem solving even if it should cost a little bit. Eventually this will help them to know if you are cooperative in this case and that you are not a 'difficult' customer to deal with.
Dealer #2 sold the only car that may have been comparable. I went back to dealer #1 today after talking with their Service Director. She had the same tech ride with me that has been in my car twice already.

He sat their stone cold faced as I made the thing whine like crazy for a 10 min test drive. He didn't say a single word until I pulled into the service drive.

He told me that I needed to trust him that this car is fine, but since I don't he recommended I try someone else. He told me it's "all in my head".

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
Even if it is supposed to be fine, that is a noise that bothers you, it affects the way you enjoy the car.
You want it to be gone.
Easy to understand, not complicated at all.
And that should also be their concern as customer service to recognize this.

Quite a curious case, a paying customer wants his car serviced and the service department declines ? If they continue to insist, hopefully other Ford stores nearby are not the same.

Cobra Jet mentioned somewhere that these kind of problems can be addressed by bringing problems directly to Ford..

Found it:

[MENTION=14108]RIBS[/MENTION]

Have you opened a Case with your regional Ford Customer Service Rep? This is separate from dealing with the Ford Service Center.

Once you call and get the Ford CSR, you state your concerns (professionally) and also how upset you are about having to deal with this on a vehicle you worked hard to purchase, and as a customer you feel that Ford is not doing the right thing to make you whole. The CSR will issue an actual Case #. That Case # now elevates your vehicle to a higher priority level and the CSR may get a local Ford FSE involved who will visit the Dealership; he/she will examine the concern in person and be able to document the concern back to Ford (sometimes better than the Techs or yourself).

The Case # will stay with the vehicle/owner until the Case is deemed closed by your satisfaction of the repair OR if the claim cannot be warranteed.

Here is a Ford Corp. # I have that will get you going:
1-800-392-3673 / select Option 5

Once you get a person on the phone, you ask to speak with a Ford Regional Rep for your location (State/Town).

—

I can’t stress it enough to anyone having difficulties getting made whole with a Ford vehicle concern, whether it’s warranty related OR your having difficulties dealing with the people at your Service Center - use the info above and get a Case # established. This not only gets you better assistance, BUT it’s all documented. Once you do get an assigned Ford CSR, make sure you email him/her when at all possible to continue further documentation in the event there are future concerns OR if ending up in a Lemon Law/Buy Back situation.

IMO, Ford should do the right thing in your instance, because that is CLEARLY a metallurgic issue, which will only proceed to get much worse as time passes. Even if the car never sees moisture or salt to add to the existing corrosion, that metallurgic reaction just continues on its own - very much like once a metal body panel has been breached with rust. The only way to resolve rust or metallurgic issues is to cut it out or replace the panel.
Sponsored