Sponsored

MT-82 Second Gear Grind/Pop-Out

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
What is the best clutch to get for the MT82-D4? It appears that this is a very oose subject. I would like to know for certain, because like all manual trans Mustang owners, I will find myself in need of a clutch some day. I don’t want to experiment and would rather get it right on the first go around.
Tbh i dunno but most that i read and can tell from experience is changing the clutch preemptively can save your trans down the road. But some never have a problem with the trans. But seems a lot do.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Before I got a chance to change the fluid it started doing it more frequently.

Yesterday it did it three times. Once in the morning - once on the way home after work and then I let it sit for two hours and took it back out and it did it again.

I dropped it off at Ford this morning. I have a feeling that it is the shift fork and/or synchros.

Bingo ......................

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Service center called me. Said its still not ready maybe today or tomorrow. There was an input shaft leak that had to be repaired they got it done started it up and had an exhaust leak they went to tightening the stud and broke it off so now they are going to have to pull the turbo to fix that..

This makes day 40. And after all the crap they had to fix and repair from both defects and their own incompetent repair work. Yes definitely want a replacement now.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Service center called me. Said its still not ready maybe today or tomorrow. There was an input shaft leak that had to be repaired they got it done started it up and had an exhaust leak they went to tightening the stud and broke it off so now they are going to have to pull the turbo to fix that..

This makes day 40. And after all the crap they had to fix and repair from both defects and their own incompetent repair work. Yes definitely want a replacement now.
Incompetent indeed. Quite often, the dealer techs just tighten things down with no regard for the torque values for fasteners. I’ve been on the receiving end of this at Ford before with disastrous results. In my case, I worked it out with the Service Manager to put me in a bay at the dealership and I would fix my own car. That’s exactly what happened too. I took my own tools out to the dealership and worked on my own car in a bay way in the back of the Service Department. I never had another issue out of that car. I’ll never forget that day when I worked at Ford for a day and neither will the Service Manager (cool guy btw). I’m sure he’s told the story to a few people, just like I have.
Sponsored