Sponsored

2018 GT PP2 Rear Differential Overheating Issue

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
So what's a reasonable guesstimate at for one delivered to USA? take out the 19% VAT and we'll call it $540USD + ship.

FluiX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So what's a reasonable guesstimate at for one delivered to USA? take out the 19% VAT and we'll call it $540USD + ship.
Yes, that is about correct. It around 550€ shipped to the US +2.5% customs duty due upon delivery to the courier. One of the issues on the website update was trying to get the price adjusted according to VAT for international customers. But the system didn't allow us to do that. So I decreased shipping cost to the US to keep it around 550€ including shipping. If you contact me per email, I can include express shipping for the 550€. At the moment I cannot recommend the standard shipping. A US order has been stuck at USPS for over a month, and they only guarantee you a 42 day shipping during COVID :clap:

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Deutsche Telekom is the Ma Bell of Germany

Sponsored

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I bought one

FluiX Rear Diff Cover.jpg

raab02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP2
Just snagged one as well. Looking forward to receiving it.

I'll say that so far the vendor was excellent in terms of answering my questions, proactively providing info, etc.

For context, after wrapping my exhaust and swapping diff fluid to 75W-90, I only got the warning once. I've done June at Road Atlanta, September at Roebling Road with no issues. The warning came for at Barber in August on one of the hottest weekends last year. Afternoon session, probably 12-15 minutes in.

To me, this suggests I'm not getting the warning by much, so this cover should keep me out of the red

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Does anyone know if the 19/20 PP2 cars with Magneride and rev match have anything different with the diff that would stop someone from getting this cover? Turns out the way the Magneride is integrated in the car I can''t swap the transmission (was considering Calimer L3 or T56 swap) at this point. Just wondering if there's some oddball surprise related with the diff.

FluiX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Does anyone know if the 19/20 PP2 cars with Magneride and rev match have anything different with the diff that would stop someone from getting this cover? Turns out the way the Magneride is integrated in the car I can''t swap the transmission (was considering Calimer L3 or T56 swap) at this point. Just wondering if there's some oddball surprise related with the diff.
The differentials or rear ends have all the same housings on all 2015+ Mustangs from EcoBoost to GT500. Only the internals like final gear ratio and LSD differ.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Does anyone know if the 19/20 PP2 cars with Magneride and rev match have anything different with the diff that would stop someone from getting this cover? Just wondering if there's some oddball surprise related with the diff.
The cover is simply a piece of aluminum bolted to the differential that holds in the fluid and has two mounting tabs for the subframe to differential bolts, the cover does not perform any mechanical or electrical function other than sitting there.

Sponsored

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
FluiX, would you like to share your email address for those who would like to order one of these?

FluiX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
FluiX, would you like to share your email address for those who would like to order one of these?
Sure, you can contact me at [email protected]. I'm glad the cover is finally finding some interest! I am nearly out of the first batch of castings. Another batch has already been placed for order and should be finished and ready to ship in the middle of February.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have any of you guys gotten your finned cover installed yet? One thing I'm concerned with is contact with the exhaust considering how many different options there are.

GuardEcoBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 16 Ecoboost
Have any of you guys gotten your finned cover installed yet? One thing I'm concerned with is contact with the exhaust considering how many different options there are.
Its not any wider than the stock cover. Why would the exhaust matter?

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its not any wider than the stock cover. Why would the exhaust matter?
Because it extends down, under, and forward of the stock differential cover.
Sponsored