Sponsored

Champracerj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
All I got was a PayPal invoice. That's great, I got the price but I had other questions they didn't answer. Maybe you can answer them for us. Is there any kind of manual control or does it just kick on at a certain temp? I presume it doesn't run all the time, correct?
Peter told me the emails were bouncing back. Email him here Email Peter Agapoglou directly at AutoSport <[email protected]>
The kit has a thermal switch set at 190 F
It mounts at the drain plug.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Peter told me the emails were bouncing back. Email him here Email Peter Agapoglou directly at AutoSport <[email protected]>
The kit has a thermal switch set at 190 F
It mounts at the drain plug.
I love the idea of the filter. Not really needed, but nice to have for sure.

Sponsored

Champracerj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
All,

Quick up-date on the install of my Susa/ AutoSport diff cooler. I've completed the wire harness, fabricated a pump mounting plate and installed the cooler/fan unit.
Also most done.
The wire harness:
12 V power was wired the same as the Ford Performance diff cooler system. https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/instructionsheets/FORDINSTSHTM-4000-M8SGT350.PDF The only diffidence is I routed the wire over the fender (between inner and outer fender) vs along the hot side with heat protective wrap were the main wire harness runs. All wire terminations are crimped, soldered and covered with shrink tube with adhesive.
upload_2020-8-3_10-20-58.png

Wiring schematic:
upload_2020-8-3_10-21-35.png

The relay is in the trunk by the right taillight. All wires from the temp switch, fan and pump come up into the trunk on the rear right side where there is a factory hole with plug.

Grommet through the trunk floor

Temp sensor leads, Fan and Pump.

upload_2020-8-3_10-22-17.png
upload_2020-8-3_10-22-30.png
upload_2020-8-3_10-22-44.png

Next I will get into the components install including the pump mounting plate.

Champracerj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
Continued SUSA/AutoSport Diff cooler install
Mounting the pump.

I made a bracket to mount the pump. The bracket is ¼” alum plate mounted to the exhaust hangers. I used spacers between the exhaust hangers and the pump bracket to provide clearance for the from of the exhaust hangers and a wire harness. This allows the pump to be mounted at the level of the drain plug so it will never starve of fluid and destroy itself. The issue I see with it mounted to the under side of the trunk floor is that its higher than the fill plug.
upload_2020-8-4_8-7-52.png
upload_2020-8-4_8-8-5.png
upload_2020-8-4_8-8-17.png

Component placement and routing:
Once the placement of the filter, pump and cooler were determined I started to work on the hose routing. I wanted to keep every as compact as possible. I mounted the filter with spacer and 1” clamp between the pump and the cooler. The pump is on the cool return side to keep it cooler than on the hot side pumping hot oil. The Temp switch is on the fitting at the diff cover to get the best temp reading.
upload_2020-8-4_8-9-41.png

upload_2020-8-4_8-9-50.png

Fill procedure. I made a switch to jumper the relay so that I could run the pump to ensure the system is full of gear lube. I filled the cooler, pump and filter and connected the hoses. With the lower hose connected, and with the top hose to the diff disconnected, I filled the diff in the typical way. I also filled the top hose before connecting it. I ran the pump with the switch jumpering the relay. Then I removed the top hose connection to ensure the diff was full.

upload_2020-8-4_8-12-49.png

I'll be at Watkins Glen Aug 21-25 testing the system. In the mean time I will do some street driving to ensure everything is working without issues. I will monitor the diff temp with my dash gauge and AIM Solo.

Last edited:

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
Mounting the pump.

I made a bracket to mount the pump. The bracket is ¼” alum plate mounted to the exhaust hangers. I used spacers between the exhaust hangers and the pump bracket to provide clearance for the from of the exhaust hangers and a wire harness. This allows the pump to be mounted at the level of the drain plug so it will never starve of fluid and destroy itself. The issue I see with it mounted to the under side of the trunk floor is that its higher than the fill plug.

Once the placement of the filter, pump and cooler were determined I started to work on the hose routing. I wanted to keep every as compact as possible. I mounted the filter with spacer and 1” clamp between the pump and the cooler. The pump is on the cool return side to keep it cooler than on the hot side pumping hot oil. The Temp switch is on the fitting at the diff cover to get the best temp reading.

Fill procedure. I made a switch to jumper the relay so that I could run the pump to ensure the system is full of gear lube. I filled the cooler, pump and filter and connected the hoses. With the lower hose connected, and with the top hose to the diff disconnected, I filled the diff in the typical way. I also filled the top hose before connecting it. I ran the pump with the switch jumpering the relay. Then I removed the top hose connection to ensure the diff was full.

I'll be at Watkins Glen Aug 21-25 testing the system. In the mean time I will do some street driving to ensure everything is working without issues. I will monitor the diff temp with my dash gauge and AIM Solo.

i'm not an expert but shouldn't the pump go before the cooler?

Champracerj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
i'm not an expert but shouldn't the pump go before the cooler?
Nope. I tried to state this in my post. For pump longevity you want it cool as possible thus plumbed after the cooler. Before the cooler it would be running much hotter. The pump can suck through the cooler just fine. Its like your garbage disposal, you should run it with cold water not hot water to keep it running cooler.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Mounting the pump.

Great post and smart idea for mounting the pump. The only concern I would have is that the area you mounted the pump is going to be hot and not much air flow. I'm planning to mount mine beside the square plastic box on the spare tire recess. You might want to try to make some kind of scoop somewhere under the car to divert some air up into that area if you decide to leave the pump there. And maybe add some heat insulation on the exhaust pipes.

Sponsored

Champracerj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
Great post and smart idea for mounting the pump. The only concern I would have is that the area you mounted the pump is going to be hot and not much air flow. I'm planning to mount mine beside the square plastic box on the spare tire recess. You might want to try to make some kind of scoop somewhere under the car to divert some air up into that area if you decide to leave the pump there. And maybe add some heat insulation on the exhaust pipes.
Post picks of your pump mount. If mounting vertically, I was concerned that the hoses were kind of low.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
personally I would have put the pump and radiator in the spare tire well. in-cabin air is (should be) vastly cooler than what's flowing underneath.

LS_Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So after a bit of research, I have found a finned differential cover from a Mustang Forum member in Germany. I "borrowed" this picture from there. It looks like it may work. I'm trying to get in contact with the person and find out where he got it from and what the pricing is. I'll keep you guys posted if I find something. If anyone else knows where I could order one of these or what company makes this then please let me know. I'd risk trying this for sure!

061f5827-feab-4188-97b0-9b54c64d1941.JPG

JohnVallo

1 5 4 8 3 7 2 6
Threads
Reaction score
Website
racersreunion.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350, Shadow Black, Whipple Supercharged
So after a bit of research, I have found a finned differential cover from a Mustang Forum member in Germany. I "borrowed" this picture from there. It looks like it may work. I'm trying to get in contact with the person and find out where he got it from and what the pricing is. I'll keep you guys posted if I find something. If anyone else knows where I could order one of these or what company makes this then please let me know. I'd risk trying this for sure!
Well, that's Great news,
Its about Time !!!

Last edited:

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I'd be curious to see what kind of impact it has on temps. Many think there's not enough air flow in that area for a finned cover to make much difference.
Sponsored