Sponsored

2018+ GT Performance Package Level 1 Worth $4k?

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
This is a project in Progress and includes Koni adj. shock and struts ford racing springs.Brembo front brakes, BMR front and rear sway bars, PP1 wheel pkg 3.55 RR, Ford racing pp1 radiator, GT350 pp gauges and more. Its the only 17 GT PP1 Auto convertible that 1 know about.
You installed all that for 2k?
Sponsored

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
You installed all that for 2k?
Looking like less because I am selling all the brand new stock parts. The next steps are the GT350 gauge install and then radiator upgrade here is a progress pic. We also did a video of the build and all the upgraded parts to help someone else out. Stay tuned for the next phase. Thanks to Ford, The Jay Leno garage and big shout out to Shelby America. CJ pony parts, Steeda and AM. and of course Mustang 6G.
IMG_5465.JPG
View attachment 348981
IMG_5450.JPG
IMG_5460.JPG

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Definitely not worth it. Shorter gearing is more annoying for the street, brake dust galore from the Brembos, harsher ride, and heavy azz ugly asf wheels. I had PP1 and now I have a base manual. Take the base all day long.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Looking like less because I am selling all the brand new stock parts. The next steps are the GT350 gauge install and then radiator upgrade here is a progress pic. We also did a video of the build and all the upgraded parts to help someone else out. Stay tuned for the next phase. Thanks to Ford, The Jay Leno garage and big shout out to Shelby America. CJ pony parts, Steeda and AM. and of course Mustang 6G.
IMG_5465.JPG
View attachment 348981
IMG_5450.JPG
IMG_5460.JPG
If you weren't installing yourself, the labor rates would be as much as the cost of all parts combined. The cheapest spring install rate in my whole area was $550, and then you would have to add another $95 for alignment. Brakes alone would be a couple hundred. Time is money for many of us.
BTW, I am shocked that you are getting much out of stock parts. I would be happy to get $50 out of my stock PP1 springs.

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Definitely not worth it. Shorter gearing is more annoying for the street, brake dust galore from the Brembos, harsher ride, and heavy azz ugly asf wheels. I had PP1 and now I have a base manual. Take the base all day long.
Many on here complain that the S550 doesn't have enough low end grunt, so taller gearing is the opposite of what they would want. Personally, I never minded the short gearing, I just don't like the spacing. Brake dust is worth the stopping power of the brembo pack. I also have magneride, so I don't experience harsh rides when I am just cruising around.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
This is called everyone has their own motives, financial resources, and opinions. Reviewing others opinions on car forums is great, but in the end it’s your car and your decisions. Lol...

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
I think the PP1 is worth the $4K if it's not going to be a drag car. The big heavy brakes and the other stuff adds weight. If I were looking to make a drag car I would go base, A10, spoiler delete and then mod from there.
I went with the PP1 because I like carving the canyons and track days.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I think the PP1 is worth the $4K if it's not going to be a drag car. The big heavy brakes and the other stuff adds weight. If I were looking to make a drag car I would go base, A10, spoiler delete and then mod from there.
I went with the PP1 because I like carving the canyons and track days.
Believe it or not, a good driving doesn't really need PP1 brakes. I talk to guys all the time who track their 550's with the standard brakes (which are already better than previous Gens). With a high quality set of pads, they are very good for track driving. That said, the 6-pots are better, but not necessarily a "must have".

Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Brake dust is worth the stopping power of the brembo pack.
Definitely not if it's a street car. I've had both and you barely even notice a difference. Stock brakes on my '19 are excellent. And my front wheels aren't filthy after 10 miles. Win.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Definitely not if it's a street car. I've had both and you barely even notice a difference. Stock brakes on my '19 are excellent. And my front wheels aren't filthy after 10 miles. Win.
I drove a base 17 before ordering mine, and I can tell a big difference. Then again, I am a fairly aggressive driver, even on the street. I also rarely go more than a tank without washing the car.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't notice much difference, you didn't drive them above 5/10ths. The brakes and diff (and the gearing that comes with it) alone are worth it. Less dusty pads can swapped in.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
When I drove a black out package right after driving a PP1 I could tell a difference. But even then the base suspension was pretty dam sharp, Im not sure even after buying the PP1 what the best answer might be. I do think as a daily driver you have to consider comfort over performance. But so far my PP1 driving 100 miles a day is great. Yet I wonder myself if I need the PP1 as this car will never see a track. Still Im happy to have gotten it for a few reasons, better tires all day long, bigger radiator and the brakes, the other stuff didnt matter as much to me. But if I was looking for a bargain I would not have gotten it and Im sure I wouldnt have missed all that much.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
When I drove a black out package right after driving a PP1 I could tell a difference. But even then the base suspension was pretty dam sharp, Im not sure even after buying the PP1 what the best answer might be. I do think as a daily driver you have to consider comfort over performance. But so far my PP1 driving 100 miles a day is great. Yet I wonder myself if I need the PP1 as this car will never see a track. Still Im happy to have gotten it for a few reasons, better tires all day long, bigger radiator and the brakes, the other stuff didnt matter as much to me. But if I was looking for a bargain I would not have gotten it and Im sure I wouldnt have missed all that much.
IMO the PP1 is a bare minimum for a car that is driven spiritedly around corners. It's not really a track package, even. It just makes the car a competent handler when you actually push it (up to the level of a base Camaro SS, for comparison). The PP Level 2 and GT350 are a track package, GT350 more so.

I deeply regret not getting it, and while I've not spent as much money as I would've to get the key things I would have kept from it (brakes, diff, chassis bracing), it would've been so much easier.
Sponsored