Sponsored

2018 Mustang GT Performance Package 2 First Look

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Maybe so.

I expect that the $6500+$2000 PP2 optional bars, springs, mag ride, aero, wheels and tires to add up to more than 3.5 though. I would imagine that the Cup 2’s would be worth a little more than a 3.5 sec improvement alone.
I think it would depend on the track. The PP2 will weigh more and have a larger tire patch which means a PP1 will likely be faster on the straights. If it is a very technical course with lots of sharp cornering then a PP2 could have a bigger advantage. A track with longer straights? May not be as much a difference as you think if a PP1 can make up time on the straights.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Teezlr

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia
Pretty sure the splitter won’t fit in the trunk without the seat being down. Might have been in the front during transportation but at this point it’s anyones guess
Someone commented on the video saying that he just purchased a PP2 and it was the same splitter and wing as this one, but the dealer said they would receive the spoiler and install it for him, maybe waiting on production/delivery for the splitter, still no news on the rear spoiler, looks like this is it.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I think it would depend on the track. The PP2 will weigh more and have a larger tire patch which means a PP1 will likely be faster on the straights. If it is a very technical course with lots of sharp cornering then a PP2 could have a bigger advantage. A track with longer straights? May not be as much a difference as you think if a PP1 can make up time on the straights.
This supports your comments:

"That said, the 2018 Ford Mustang GT with Performance Pack 2 is still some 3.5 seconds quicker around a certain tight, technical 2.0-mile road course than Performance Pack 1-equipped cars."

Read more: http://fordauthority.com/2017/10/fo...ck-2-for-the-2018-ford-mustang/#ixzz558TR8Xqp

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
Hmmmm, hawwww...those tires are poking more than I would want. Really want to see a 1" drop on the GTPP2

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
So the PP2 has stiffer suspension all around and magneride.

I think a PP1 with 10 speed auto & magneride could outperform a PP2 in some cases b/c of the quicker shifts.

Put some PP2 tires and GT350R spring on a PP1 and it would be very interesting to what kind of performance you'd get!

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
So the PP2 has stiffer suspension all around and magneride.

I think a PP1 with 10 speed auto & magneride could outperform a PP2 in some cases b/c of the quicker shifts.

Put some PP2 tires and GT350R spring on a PP1 and it would be very interesting to what kind of performance you'd get!
You could just swap the PP2 springs and sway bars and wheel package over and have a roughly Apples to Apples comparison.

They hint as steering rack and manegride tweaks, but the magneride could just be software so maybe an ECU swap for that.

I'm already thinking of seeing just how much of the PP2 I can direct swap to a Bullitt. Best of both worlds.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
You could just swap the PP2 springs and sway bars and wheel package over and have a roughly Apples to Apples comparison.

They hint as steering rack and manegride tweaks, but the magneride could just be software so maybe an ECU swap for that.

I'm already thinking of seeing just how much of the PP2 I can direct swap to a Bullitt. Best of both worlds.
See I'm wanting the 10-speed auto, so I'm doing the same thing in my mind... adding PP2 parts on to PP1 (instead of Bullit).

But since GT350R springs are lower, I think that would be better than stock PP2.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
See I'm wanting the 10-speed auto, so I'm doing the same thing in my mind... adding PP2 parts on to PP1 (instead of Bullit).

But since GT350R springs are lower, I think that would be better than stock PP2.
They may be lower, but may not have the best spring rate for the setup.

redgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 5.2 FPC Swap, Sync 3 Retrofit
So who is going to be the first to sue Ford over the spoiler change?

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Hey guys, I went down to Galpin to check out the PP2, got some shots of the wheels etc. Scroll to the 4:00 minute mark for the car. Cheers!
Good looking out bro!
Great find and great video. :thumbsup:

Cgocifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel, 2015 4Runner
I think I’m losing interest in this car. I ordered a few days after it was announced and still don’t have a VIN. First it was a December production date now March. Also it looks like Ford isn’t going to be delivering the car that was advertised in the press release. With no info from Ford that I’ve seen. All this coupled with static from the dealership about pricing after the agreement was made is stealing the fun out of buying a “special” car. Also in the press release they were tooting about how much quicker around the road course it was over the PP1 car, I think it was 3.5 sec faster, how much of that 3.5 was in the tire?

That 10k mile C5 ZO6 is starting to look a lot better at half the price.
Nah, just get a new SS 1LE ;-) I did. Gave up on the PP2 when I heard no coolers. Don't need to lower the 1LE. Stance is spot on, brembos front and rear, extra coolers, e-diff, magna ride, PDR, etc. I still like the Mustangs, but bang for the buck, 1LE is fantastic. I wouldn't drive any other Camaro except a ZL1.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Correct me if I'm wrong here but, the PP2 is only offered in manual, correct?

Also, I'm pretty sure the chassis on the PP2 is a lot more stiffer and rigid than the PP1 and Mustang GT cars. It's a chassis closer to the GT350 car, correct?

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Correct me if I'm wrong here but, the PP2 is only offered in manual, correct?

Also, I'm pretty sure the chassis on the PP2 is a lot more stiffer and rigid than the PP1 and Mustang GT cars. It's a chassis closer to the GT350 car, correct?
Manuel Only.
No real stats about the chassis being stiffer, just suspension.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Stiffer suspension does not always mean faster or better. I prefer a more balanced setup that does not punish you either. Magride can really help with this.
Sponsored