2018 GT oil leaking underneath engine bay

ponyboy0123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
Welp, had my car on warming up for about 5 minutes today before leaving work and as I was leaving one of my coworkers pointed out some oil that had leaked out beneath the engine bay. I didn’t get a chance to look underneath the car, I immediately took it to the dealer but I’m hoping it’s not something too serious I’ve only had the car for a couple months and it’s got 47k miles. I should hear back early next week.

4FC71D2B-79F5-4C87-8CA8-72F533AE7D4C.jpeg
Sponsored

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Any measurable decrease on dipstick? Any fresh oil found in your garage or other spot besides this one?

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
There's a real possibility that's just water that drained through a particularly dirty part of your car's body.

Might also not be from your car at all.

OP
OP
ponyboy0123

ponyboy0123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
Any measurable decrease on dipstick? Any fresh oil found in your garage or other spot besides this one?
Dipstick looked good. I didn’t find any other oil either. After my coworker pointed it out I parked the car for 15 minutes to let it sit, then remote started it and let it sit idle for 10 minutes and I didn’t see any oil. Kinda weird.

OP
OP
ponyboy0123

ponyboy0123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
There's a real possibility that's just water that drained through a particularly dirty part of your car's body.

Might also not be from your car at all.
My mechanical knowledge is pretty limited so I’m not sure, all I know is it smelled like oil and definitely came from my car

Sponsored

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Had it happened to me recently after an oil change. Ended up being the oil filter did not seal properly. The dealer replaced the filter and topped off the oil.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Yep - either oil filter or the oil sending unit above the filter. Both areas are known concerns for seepage if loose; just tighten up both and that should resolve the issue if in fact it is oil.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I had this happen last year. There is a TSB on older cars but it was a loose oil pressure sensor. Might be worth checking along with the filter
Sponsored