2018 GT MT-82 Destroys itself.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Doesn’t Calimer install chromoly steel shift forks and shaft in his performance MT-82 transmissions? It doesn’t make sense to me for FORD to skimp on parts in critical areas like transmissions, half shafts and oil pump gears., when they can install better parts and add in the additional cost to the price of the car. Customers would gladly pay for the up charge if they knew they were getting better parts.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Doesn’t Calimer install chromoly steel shift forks and shaft in his performance MT-82 transmissions? It doesn’t make sense to me for FORD to skimp on parts in critical areas like transmissions, half shafts and oil pump gears., when they can install better parts and add in the additional cost to the price of the car. Customers would gladly pay for the up charge if they knew they were getting better parts.
Apparently Ben won't touch the D4 transmissions. Not sure why. But the answer is that the average new buyer of a Mustang doesn't actually use the performance, so it's a balancing act for Ford to see how many pieces they can take out of the Jenga before it falls over.

To be fair though, they did reengineer the forks back to steel units after they realized how many of the aluminum ones were blowing up. And half shafts and OPG are a non issue on a car with stock power or anything short of forced induction really. As nice as it would be for them to overbuild the car so you can throw boost at it with zero effort on your part, we're well past those days.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Does anyone know if the 2019 and 2020 Bullitts have the revised steel shift forks? That would be great news to me if they did.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Does anyone know if the 2019 and 2020 Bullitts have the revised steel shift forks? That would be great news to me if they did.
They should, yes. Unless it's a really early build 2019. Not sure when the part change was exactly.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I wanted the new forks too, but also not having to deal with the cam chain tensioner issue, so I made any Bullitt with a build date of April 2019 or earlier, a deal-breaker. And for sure it'd have the newest tranny parts. Ended up with an Aug 2019 build, so one of the last ones. So far so good with 2.5K miles; just hope it stays that way :).
Sponsored