Sponsored

2018 GT MT-82 Destroys itself.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
I'd think if "no lift shifting" was part of the capability of the 2018s, it would be in the ower's manual. Looking at the owner's manual, there is no mention of it anywhere.
The 6G Camaro has it and it isn’t in the owners manual or any dealer/service documents. Never seen any GM media publishing about it. But it’s on the car. :shrug:
Sponsored

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The 6G Camaro has it and it isn’t in the owners manual or any dealer/service documents. Never seen any GM media publishing about it. But it’s on the car. :shrug:
camaro6g has discussion on the NLS. Does the TR6060 have aluminum shift forks or steel shift forks?

ford parts shows the transmissions are back order. Part number shows the same for 2018? Same with the shift forks, "Usages: 08/18/2014 - 06/11/2018".

OP
OP
Ls_Eater

Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just stumbled on your latest video on youtube. Sucks about the backorder. So there's no ETA on when your car will be done? I'm pretty sure a coworker has the same issue.
Currently in works with a regional manager to get it all sorted out.

Current situation is back order on shift forks of 3-4 months, trans ARE available (currently have 109 built and "in stock"), its just getting the approval through Ford to have the trans sent.

After talking with the Regional manager today she was THOROUGHLY displeased about the car being down for 26 days, and stated that they are seeing the issue more and more often.

When asked about revisions to parts etc nothing was mentioned.

Assuming exactly what was in it before is being put back in, with that said, I'll more than likely be pulling the trans and buying a Tremec.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
camaro6g has discussion on the NLS. Does the TR6060 have aluminum shift forks or steel shift forks?

ford parts shows the transmissions are back order. Part number shows the same for 2018? Same with the shift forks, "Usages: 08/18/2014 - 06/11/2018".
Yes, although the system was confirmed by everyone (including me) through actual use, no one would believe the system was there, outside the 1LE's (due to the different RPM tuning of the system making it 1005 evident), until Al Oppenheiser, the Chief Engineer for Camaro, came out and specifically posted about it on the forum and said the system was there in most of the Camaro models, not just the 1LE.

Yes, ALL of the Borg Warner/Tremec manual transmissions have had aluminum shift forks ever since: T56/TR6060, TR6070, TR3160, TR3650, TR3550/TKO, T45, and T5. Many other companies have been using them as well...

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, to defend LS_Eater a little better here: If you look through his YouTube channel, you will find that he had a S197 with the MT82 that he put something like 70k miles on. A car that he, also, had forced induction on. So, I think the man understands what the MT82 should be able to take...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ls_Eater

Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I've broken a couple shift forks before in other cars, they were also aluminum, and I wasn't thrashing on it just shifting normal and it broke which means stress fatigue.

Cast aluminum is a shit material for shift forks. From an engineering standpoint it makes sense for the case, but the guts should be steel.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
“But...but... USER ERROR!!!!!”

OP
OP
Ls_Eater

Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Update for all.

52 days later they have FINALLY figured out how to order an entire transmission (After running me around for nearly 2 months now).

Transmission is said to arrive Monday...Yes its a stock trans with the same shitty parts.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Have fun with that '18 after it's fixed... and you take the new trans out and have it built properly, hopefully at not great expense. Or just swap it out for the transmission the '18+ should have been given in the first place, the same one that's been in the Camaro since its latest generation was released. But I digress...

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Sorry to revive an old thread, but what is the current status of the MT-82 D4 TSB?

My car was built 3/27/19 so I obviously want to know if that build date is affected.

TIA - I could not find anything recent using the search function.

OP
OP
Ls_Eater

Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to revive an old thread, but what is the current status of the MT-82 D4 TSB?

My car was built 3/27/19 so I obviously want to know if that build date is affected.

Should be fine.

They stated that they had pulled all the "old flawed" transmissions off the lines and were using the "revised" shift forks.

Not sure how true any of it is, nor if I believe any of it. But that was the last word I had heard.

I'm on my 3rd trans in 25k miles atm.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Thanks. Not that it matters, but my previous mustang was a 2011 GT with an MT-82 that took me to 190K miles without even changing the tranny fluid and still worked finr when I sold it. Still was on the original clutch. A little notchy cold, but fine when warmed up.

My 2019 is great, but I'm still in the break-in period - 500 miles - going slow.

OP
OP
Ls_Eater

Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Not that it matters, but my previous mustang was a 2011 GT with an MT-82 that took me to 190K miles without even changing the tranny fluid and still worked finr when I sold it. Still was on the original clutch. A little notchy cold, but fine when warmed up.

My 2019 is great, but I'm still in the break-in period - 500 miles - going slow.
I had a 2013 prior to this 18, Twins, 800whp, Stock MT-82 with a Mcleod RST and it never gave me a single issue. Sold at 85k HARD miles.

This 18' has been an entirely different experience...some good, some not so good.

Over 200 Days total in the shop currently. (Its now been back in my possession for about 2 months).

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1

I think you’ll be fine.

Mine kicked the bucket at 5900 miles and the car was built in July of last year. They took a trans out of a car on their lot and I made sure it had a 2019 build date on it - March like yours - and it’s been a world of difference for the good. Much tighter shifting and not loose like the old one.

The transmissions and forks were still on national backorder when mine was in the shop and that’s why they used a donor car off the lot.

They told me while it was in there that the newer build date cars had been reengineered and improved and so far that seems to be the case.
Sponsored