Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I agree with you, install is straight forward. I recommend using a oscillating cutting tool to trim the plastic behind the dash cluster. It makes for a much cleaner cut. You don’t have to have anyone program it for you. Forscan is very straight forward.
Sorry, maybe I confused the issue. I was responding to the post by momogt26 post #1583 about installing a non digital cluster. For that one, there is no cutting required. And yes, I agree Forscan is straight forward. I was pretty nervous at first, but as long as you have a copy of your original as built data, you can fix an error if you make one - other than accidentally going over on the mileage. If you do that, you would have to send it off to have it fixed for like $89.
Sponsored

thecloneranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 royal crimson mustang gt
The dash that I got is a 2019 and has lower miles than my car I can change the miles with forscan correct

1QwkEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
The dash that I got is a 2019 and has lower miles than my car I can change the miles with forscan correct
Yes, you can always go up in mileage, never down with Forscan.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with you, install is straight forward. I recommend using a oscillating cutting tool to trim the plastic behind the dash cluster. It makes for a much cleaner cut. You don’t have to have anyone program it for you. Forscan is very straight forward.
You do not have to cut the dash for the regular cluster just the digital one.

Sponsored

1QwkEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
You do not have to cut the dash for the regular cluster just the digital one.
I know, I misspoke, my bad. Missed the part where it was just a normal cluster.

1QwkEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium

Sponsored

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
also what cable did you order
These things are really hit and miss (or at least for the sub $50 ones) and I don't think it is just myself has had issues. All I can say is, if it isn't up and running within a few minutes of installing the drivers and forscan, it is likely defective.

Originally the one below and it had a bad USB connector that with the slightest movement would disconnect. I didn't trust myself to not accidentally bump the cable during an
thanks so much new cluster should be here this week excited
update and really screw up my car.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then I ordered this one and it worked fine...twice and then quit.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N18TOFB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When I ordered a 4" to 8" sync kit it came with this one and it has been working fine, but in another thread someone had nothing but trouble with it.

https://www.amazon.com/Forscan-Scan...automotive&sprefix=elm+,automotive,188&sr=1-9

Here is his post with the one he later bought. Which happens to be one that didn't work so well for me.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/modifying-as-built-data-guide.61773/page-209#post-3169285
Sponsored