mosher

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
moshe
Vehicle(s)
S550 2018 GT PP
2018 gt Digital Cluster go blank.
Firmware update,battery reset,all done.does not work.
Any new insights in the forum.
thanks
Sponsored

yoshi37

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Does your nav screen go blank at the same time then say "vehicle network communication error"? My 2019 was at the dealer for almost all of August and they finally ended up having to replace the module and reprogram it. It shut off and turned back on as I was leaving the dealer but hasn't done it again for almost a month.

I'm still going through the buyback process (just waiting for Ford's offer) but the problem seems to have been resolved.

DarkOni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jurgen
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 22
Does your nav screen go blank at the same time then say "vehicle network communication error"? My 2019 was at the dealer for almost all of August and they finally ended up having to replace the module and reprogram it. It shut off and turned back on as I was leaving the dealer but hasn't done it again for almost a month.

I'm still going through the buyback process (just waiting for Ford's offer) but the problem seems to have been resolved.
I’m having the same issue, 2022. Has the problem ever come back for you?
Thanks!

yoshi37

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
It did a couple more times in the last few months I had the car but I had already gone through the buyback process with Ford by then. They let me keep driving the 2019 until my new 2020 was delivered.

My issue started after the dealership pulled apart my dash to replace the Sync3 screen bezel they had damaged. In addition to the blank nav screen issue, my heated steering wheel stopped working so I'm guessing they damaged some circuitry. Unfortunately, I never found out what the actual cause was.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
I had that problem with my 2019 last year. They tried reprogramming and it was still blacking out. They ended up just replacing the cluster with a new one and I haven't had the problem since.
Sponsored