Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
I have a question, I have a 2018 base gt. How will I control the different modes if it doesn't have the premium package? Can I program another switch for it?

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Looks like the latest version of FORScan can now set the odometer reading:

2.3.20 beta, 2019-02-08 (download)

+ Vehicle database update
+ Configuration and Programming function "Odometer write" (can only increase mileage!) for :

• F-150 2015-2019 model years
  • F-Series 2017-2019 model years
  • Mustang 2015-2019 model years

Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Mileage can be written like stated above. Installed a setup for a friend today and programmed his mileage in a matter of seconds.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
When you are looking at the page that shows all the modules, you’ll see a tab for mileage calibration. Click on that and the rest is self explanatory.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
thanks for all the help Dave @db252 Cluster rocks Thanks to Sam as well =) one of the best mods for an old car like mine 2015 =(

Valiant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Val
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT in Eruption Green
Of course not.... Oh well, looks like I will be purchasing the $300 UCDS then as it just is way more convenient to be able to change the OD on the fly instead of having the car down for a few days waiting for the cluster.
could you please link the UCDS you bought?

Thanks!

Valiant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Val
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT in Eruption Green
When you are looking at the page that shows all the modules, you’ll see a tab for mileage calibration. Click on that and the rest is self explanatory.
Do you need the UCDS like everyone has stated? Or can you use the regular OBD..??

Thanks

Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
thanks for all the help Dave @db252 Cluster rocks Thanks to Sam as well =) one of the best mods for an old car like mine 2015 =(
My pleasure Rio and always good hangin with you. Glad you finally went with the dash.

Do you need the UCDS like everyone has stated? Or can you use the regular OBD..??

Thanks
I used the regular OBDLink MX Bluetooth.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
I seem to be a bit confused... I have read the thread several times, and maybe I am just glancing over it...

Using Forscan I want to download all of my "As Built" data before I start tearing out everything. I did download the as built data from Ford too. However there is no SCCM option in Forscan with my original SCCM in my car... (I have yet to change anything over until I get my "As BUILT Data" backed up...)

For the record, I have 3 types of OBD2 adapters for my PC. I have a 1) generic USB adapter with a switch, 2) a generic WIFI adapter, and 3) a Bluetooth $80 OBDLink MX adapter which was recommended by the OP. They all seem to work, and give me the same data, but the USB one is by far the fastest to read, the Wifi and Bluetooth connectors like to time out, so I have to reconnect...

Forscan has the following data sets:

PCM - Module Initialization/Relearn vehicle data
PCM - Transmission Characarization Update (I have a manual trans)
APIM - Module configuration (As BUILT format)
APIM - Module configuration
ICM - Module configuration (As BUILT format)
PAM - Module configuration (As BUILT format)
BdyCM - Module configuration (As BUILT format)
BdyCM - Module configuration

It does not matter which OBD2 adapter I use... Am I missing something here, do I not get an SCCM option?

I saw a post somewhere, maybe it was on the Ford Focus group, where they had what seemed like 20 different options that I do not have access to...

If there is the information out there, please let me know I do not know what to search for at this point...

Thanks

John

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
I seem to be a bit confused... I have read the thread several times, and maybe I am just glancing over it...

Using Forscan I want to download all of my "As Built" data before I start tearing out everything. I did download the as built data from Ford too. However there is no SCCM option in Forscan with my original SCCM in my car... (I have yet to change anything over until I get my "As BUILT Data" backed up...)

For the record, I have 3 types of OBD2 adapters for my PC. I have a 1) generic USB adapter with a switch, 2) a generic WIFI adapter, and 3) a Bluetooth $80 OBDLink MX adapter which was recommended by the OP. They all seem to work, and give me the same data, but the USB one is by far the fastest to read, the Wifi and Bluetooth connectors like to time out, so I have to reconnect...

Forscan has the following data sets:

PCM - Module Initialization/Relearn vehicle data
PCM - Transmission Characarization Update (I have a manual trans)
APIM - Module configuration (As BUILT format)
APIM - Module configuration
ICM - Module configuration (As BUILT format)
PAM - Module configuration (As BUILT format)
BdyCM - Module configuration (As BUILT format)
BdyCM - Module configuration

It does not matter which OBD2 adapter I use... Am I missing something here, do I not get an SCCM option?

I saw a post somewhere, maybe it was on the Ford Focus group, where they had what seemed like 20 different options that I do not have access to...

If there is the information out there, please let me know I do not know what to search for at this point...

Thanks

John
very weird that your not seeing all the modules with the mx adapter. I would try deleting your vehicle profile and restarting forscan. if that doesn't work try reloading forscan.

k4show

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
Does anybody else's axle oil temperature stay at around 140F regardless? Even from a cold start when its 25F outside it goes right to 140F. I'm wondering if there's something wrong the sensor (yes I have the sensor, 17 GT PP and I can see it from under the car).
Sponsored