2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
Does hell horse send you the cluster with your specific built data?
I dont believe so according their website:

Simply swap out all the parts included, and use the included cable to use ForScan to quickly program it.

We include all necessary parts, and include an OBDII to USB cable for you to program the new buttons quickly with ForScan in the car"

Spazz2k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
They program the mileage, you need to program the sccm and ipc module through forscan. not hard but nut plug and play IMO.
I spoke with them yesterday, and was told they match the unit up to your vin number, but you have to program the buttons on the wheel...so not sure what that entails, as I am just getting my head into this...lol

Sponsored

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
I spoke with them yesterday, and was told they match the unit up to your vin number, but you have to program the buttons on the wheel...so not sure what that entails, as I am just getting my head into this...lol
you have to program the steering control module but it sounds like that high horse is programming the IPC module which is the instrument panel cluster.

Last edited:

Dragon2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris Dunnigan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
I got mine from there they put VIN amd miles in. Then you must use the tutorial on this site breeves i think made and you will be fine. I would also get a battery charger because it will take you awhile to program the cluster Not very hard once you understand how forscan functions. Also breeves sales them plug and play like your looking for and or he may prgram yours for a fee.Then you just load it into forscan and done.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Ok I must be loosing my mind here but how the hell do you get to this screen with the LCD cluster? The gauges are nice but are about as useful as idiot lights...
gauges.jpg

prj_tchalla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost Convertible
Ok I must be loosing my mind here but how the hell do you get to this screen with the LCD cluster? The gauges are nice but are about as useful as idiot lights...
gauges.jpg
You scroll up and down and it shows up. You need to be in the Show Gauges mode the scroll

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
If you don't get that screen, then your firmware is like mine. I don't have that screen but I can scroll through all of my gauges regardless of what I set as my three and I have an oil temp gauge.

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
If you don't get that screen, then your firmware is like mine. I don't have that screen but I can scroll through all of my gauges regardless of what I set as my three and I have an oil temp gauge.
Haven't checked for an oil temp gauge but I certainly do not have that screen.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
When your on the screen of gauges in the dash, scroll with the down arrow on the upper right side of the steering wheel and see what comes up as you press it up to the point of returning to your first step.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Oil temp gauge present so I have the older firmware.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Well you have an older breed as I do. U can have the firmware updated to get the line gauges but you’ll loose the oil temp gauge. You also won’t be able to scroll gauges anymore if u upgrade. It will show the three that you choose and then move to other pages.

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
what is everyone using to cut the plastic panel behind the Instrument cluster with.
Sponsored