SesiomSummers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Build
Vehicle Showcase
Hi my friends

If anyone can provide me with these parts number :
1-gt350 instrument cluster (metric version)
1-gt350 oil and temperture center gauges (bar and Centigrade degree version)

Thanks buddies
1. do you mean the analog GT350 cluster? id so no Idea but just use google I just found 2 of them for 250 - 300
2 on Hellhorse I bought mine from them same as my Digital Cluster... you can get the Boost one if you want the Non Boot one (from the GT350) this is hte part: FR3Z-10849-E
Sponsored

Gt350_3143

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Salem
Vehicle(s)
‘09 Sl63 AMG
1. do you mean the analog GT350 cluster? id so no Idea but just use google I just found 2 of them for 250 - 300
2 on Hellhorse I bought mine from them same as my Digital Cluster... you can get the Boost one if you want the Non Boot one (from the GT350) this is hte part: FR3Z-10849-E
Thats right. I meant the analog cluster but the KPH version. All I can fond on the internet is the MPH version. I don't want to go to the dealer because they will rip me off.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I finally was able to gather all the parts necessary to make this conversion happen, been wanting it ever since I saw it was possible. Sent my cluster to @breeves002 to get programmed and he did a fantastic job with getting it done. Thanks Sam!

So I decided that I was gonna piss the wife off and ditch some stuff chores and make the drive up to where my car is kept to get this done. Everything went smooth thanks to Sam and all the contributors who have already done the upgrade.
I got everything installed and the cluster powers up, but for some reason my new button on the top right doesn't seem to work! I pulled the air bag back off and checked my connections, everything looks good! Anybody have this happen to them on their install?!?

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey gang, since all of you having swapped to this electronic cluster must deal with FORScan, maybe you can answer my question :D. I tried to get the temperature gauge to show actual numbers on top of it, like I did with my ex-2018 F-150 Platinum. But the F-150 code didn't work on the Bullitt. The top FOScan guy there (livnitup) helped me with other suggestions, but nothing worked. I also wanted to add the oil temperature gauge to the list for the 3 little gauges in the middle, but it was said Ford removed the firmware, which makes it impossible. So I bought a GT350 gauge pod... but turns out the oil temperature is 'fake', as in calculated from other inputs. Therefore, I'd REALLY like to have a real coolant temperature readout, instead of always seeing the bar graph parked in the middle. That would give me a better idea how hot the oil is too. Thank you.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
nice and did the cluster bolt on perfectly? and no more rattles? how much did you get yours for
I needed two little metal clips things that the screws bolt into, but the old dash has them everywhere for the screws so I took from the old dash. No more rattles everything fits as it should. I also added the boost gauge so this had that opening as well.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
I got everything installed and the cluster powers up, but for some reason my new button on the top right doesn't seem to work! I pulled the air bag back off and checked my connections, everything looks good! Anybody have this happen to them on their install?!?
Did you code the SCCM for the new buttons?

LoudGT_IN

Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I have had my digital dash installed in my 2015 GT Manual for a few months, and I just stumbled upon an issue with the drive modes. When cycling through (trying to get to rain/wet mode) it hits "Drag Strip Mode" and throws up a "Drive Mode Not Available" then returns back to Normal. Can someone tell me how to disable this "Drag Strip Mode" in ForScan so it doesn't even appear in the list? (Or get it to work, either one is fine)

Last edited:

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Did you code the SCCM for the new buttons?
All I did was send the cluster out to breeves to have programmed. I think I figured out what the problem is though. The Ford dealer ordered one of the switches wrong. My upper right switch is incorrect. I have the correct switch coming sometime today. I will get that in and see how everything goes...

Sponsored

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
All I did was send the cluster out to breeves to have programmed. I think I figured out what the problem is though. The Ford dealer ordered one of the switches wrong. My upper right switch is incorrect. I have the correct switch coming sometime today. I will get that in and see how everything goes...
Oh that should do it. Missed that you had a 2016 so you had to replace your SCCM anyway.

Rock50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Would you happen to have the steps needed to complete an upwards mileage correction from Forscan [Digital Dash]
Forscan has the option for IPC Mileage update. Fairly simple, just click and enter your mileage. It does some weird calculation though, so you can't get it exact. Probably converts miles to kilometers and back. Like in my case, I had 7162.3, entered it, but it wrote 7161.5. I then tried setting 7163 and it wrote 7162.8. Good enough.

And for those upgrading 2018+ cars, just like p6cl above had mentioned, since the dash is already made for it, you also need two metal clips and screws to insert into the factory openings to tighten the dash to. Would be good to add to the write-up.
IMG_20200830_173139278.jpg

Also, Forscan was showing communication interrupted messages when writing to IPC. Not sure if it was because my battery voltage was 11.5 (Forscan kept asking if I want to continue since battery is low) or because of version 2.3.34. When I downgraded to 2.3.33 and put a battery charger, it started working.

Last edited:

wthayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I have a 2018 with ACC. Do I already have the "new" version of the lower left switch assembly, or do I need to order JR3Z-9C888-FA ? I've read through the entire thread and didn't find a clear answer to this. Thanks!

khsonic03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP / 2016 F150 Lariat / 2018 Jeep Rubicon
Finished my install yesterday and figured I'd add to this thread.

Here is another bracket mounting option for 15-17 owners that requires less drilling.

Materials
1/8" aluminum bar stock from HD
3/4" self tapping screws

Height of the bracket is about 1 3/16"

Super easy and very solid.

On the left side, I left some of the plastic as others have and drilled a hole there. And used a screw and locking nut on the backside.

20200919_133130.jpg

20200919_165756.jpg

20200919_170324.jpg

20200919_171344.jpg

20200919_171402.jpg

Kasavias

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Thanks for this solid guide! I'd been sitting on upgrading and finally made it happen with this guide.

I ran into an issue with my tachometer not moving when using a cluster from a donor car and I saw at least one other user had the same issue. The issue was resolved by starting with the provided baseline As-Built Data for the IPC and then tailoring to my car.

Just wanted to note that in case anybody runs into the same issue in the future.
Sponsored