Sponsored

2018 Active Exhaust Install Guide

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
Hey thanks for the reply- and darn, doesn’t sound worth it. It is a really nice feature though. Thanks for doing the homework for me though

I asked a local dealer if they could flash the updated software to my car if I installed it. They said that they've been asked it before but have never been allowed to do it. My guess is you'd have to buy the parts from them (which would be about $2000 if nothing has changed since I last looked) and they could install it, but probably not update your software so you could use it.
Sponsored

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
2018 is easy if you have the wiring in the back of the car. It's as simple as adding the mufflers and the pigtails and using forscan to turn the option on. 2019+ is a little more complicated as it seems Ford turned off the the programming in the ecu and that requires a dealer or a tuner to turn the option on. As far as the wiring, it's either there or it's not. It seems random and some cars have it and some don't. If the wiring isn't there, you have to be creative and make up a harness. I believe the harness is inside the car in one of the kick panels. Mine is a 2018 with the wiring so I lucked out.
Are you aware of if any 18 guys without the plug have been successful in running the wiring up the driver's side? I'm in that situation and have the mufflers all welded, with the harnesses ready, but need to fabricate the part in between the wiring at what I believe is the Driver's kick panel down to the rear of the car.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Are you aware of if any 18 guys without the plug have been successful in running the wiring up the driver's side? I'm in that situation and have the mufflers all welded, with the harnesses ready, but need to fabricate the part in between the wiring at what I believe is the Driver's kick panel down to the rear of the car.
Somewhere in the thread, a member found where the harness connected in one of the kick panels and was going to fabricate a harness for it. Not sure how he made out with it.

koldrid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT500
I have given up on this project with my 2019 GT/CS. I have all of the harnesses and motors and will be posting the exact details on a later thread if anyone is interested. They haven't been used and I will sell them at a cheaper price then I bought them for from Tasca Ford.

ShorterOnVenus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible
I have given up on this project with my 2019 GT/CS. I have all of the harnesses and motors and will be posting the exact details on a later thread if anyone is interested. They haven't been used and I will sell them at a cheaper price then I bought them for from Tasca Ford.
I’m interested to know why you have given up, I’m looking to do this upgrade when I pickup my 19 GT

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I’m interested to know why you have given up, I’m looking to do this upgrade when I pickup my 19 GT
The 18s seem to be easy to get working. The 19+ not so much. I would suggest maybe the hooker Blackheart exhaust. It's about the same cost.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
2018 is easy if you have the wiring in the back of the car. It's as simple as adding the mufflers and the pigtails and using forscan to turn the option on. 2019+ is a little more complicated as it seems Ford turned off the the programming in the ecu and that requires a dealer or a tuner to turn the option on. As far as the wiring, it's either there or it's not. It seems random and some cars have it and some don't. If the wiring isn't there, you have to be creative and make up a harness. I believe the harness is inside the car in one of the kick panels. Mine is a 2018 with the wiring so I lucked out.
Can you give a little guidance on how to check and see if a 2018 non-active car has the wiring that you're talking about? I'd love to add this to my car.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Can you give a little guidance on how to check and see if a 2018 non-active car has the wiring that you're talking about? I'd love to add this to my car.
Look in the beginning of this thread like page 5 or 6

ShorterOnVenus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible
The 18s seem to be easy to get working. The 19+ not so much. I would suggest maybe the hooker Blackheart exhaust. It's about the same cost.
Why are the 19s more difficult? Programming? Or the plug being haphazard in its appearance on non active spec’d models?

Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Look under the back of your car at the charcoal canister cover sitting under the spare tire well. If there is an unused connector there, you have the wiring.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why are the 19s more difficult? Programming? Or the plug being haphazard in its appearance on non active spec’d models?
Seems to be programming that needs to be done by a tuner or a dealer. The 18 models get away with making a change with forscan.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Look under the back of your car at the charcoal canister cover sitting under the spare tire well. If there is an unused connector there, you have the wiring.
Looked under there and compared it to the pics in post 41 and doesn't look like I have them :curse::angry: I bet because my car was a base 300A and had no chance of people selecting active exhaust as an option. I added Sync 3 after buying the car. People who bought their cars off the lot with 301A's or 400 / 401A's probably have them. Dammit!

TheRealMcLovin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
73 Chevy C10, 2017 Infiniti Q50, 2000 Mazda Miata
Have a 19 Mustang and I have enabled the AE in Forscan. I installed the harness and actuators to test and I have run into the following:

The actuators run what I assume is a zeroing procedure; going through the range of motion. The gauge cluster shows exhaust mode selection unavailable.

RLN_PLTNM67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I was really hoping I would find some positive feedback that people were adding these in on 19s and tuning it In with forscan. I really want active exhaust haha but seems to be almost more of a pain than it’s worth
Sponsored