50 year owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT premium coupe and 1965 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
So can you share what your figured out? Parts, prices, programming?
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Where are you guys buying your motors? I have a 2018 Active exhaust car, and been a big supporter of the active exhaust. many that didnt get it say they glad they didnt every time a failure gets brought up. But it seems 99% of those failures are user error. the jammed the wires in the body or melted or what ever. Some are legit though. Any way, last night i got a message stating my active exhaust mode wasnt available. When i shut the car off the valves open like they should, when i turn the car on they close like they should in quiet mode. But when i start the car it starts in normal. i can select quiet, but no other mode. Friend at a dealer thinks its the motors. but again they are opening and closing. He doesnt think they will warranty them due to being on the corsa exhaust. Just checking for a back up plan if need be.

koldrid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT500
Where are you guys buying your motors? I have a 2018 Active exhaust car, and been a big supporter of the active exhaust. many that didnt get it say they glad they didnt every time a failure gets brought up. But it seems 99% of those failures are user error. the jammed the wires in the body or melted or what ever. Some are legit though. Any way, last night i got a message stating my active exhaust mode wasnt available. When i shut the car off the valves open like they should, when i turn the car on they close like they should in quiet mode. But when i start the car it starts in normal. i can select quiet, but no other mode. Friend at a dealer thinks its the motors. but again they are opening and closing. He doesnt think they will warranty them due to being on the corsa exhaust. Just checking for a back up plan if need be.
Tasca Ford is where I purchased mine.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-kit-valve-repair-jr3z5k245b

Project_Lethal1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Has anyone successfully done this with a 301A package GT? I couldn’t find the harness nor the Y harness underneath my vehicle.. is it possible to add them? I found them at ford pretty cheap but wondering what I’ll hook the Y harness up to to communicate with the cluster/pcm ???? HELp please.

jawalsh2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 GT
Very true on the connectors being over priced. My deal is I have an 18. So today Im going to check the wiring all the way to the underside of the vehicle to see if its already pre-wired since mine is a NON active valve set up. I have pin colors and connectors numbers and all that myself. Im wondering if the 18's will be as easy as buying the mufflers, adding the relay and fuse in the battery junction box and doing an as-built with an IDS. But ofcourse I will need a pigtail from the body to the muffler motors.
Did this work for you? Were you able to set up the active exhaust and use the built in controls in the instrument cluster from ford? I've got a deal lined up on 2019, but it is missing the active valve option so I am scouring the internet to see if you get it wired and take use it just like it was oem.

Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
2018 is easy if you have the wiring in the back of the car. It's as simple as adding the mufflers and the pigtails and using forscan to turn the option on. 2019+ is a little more complicated as it seems Ford turned off the the programming in the ecu and that requires a dealer or a tuner to turn the option on. As far as the wiring, it's either there or it's not. It seems random and some cars have it and some don't. If the wiring isn't there, you have to be creative and make up a harness. I believe the harness is inside the car in one of the kick panels. Mine is a 2018 with the wiring so I lucked out.

Chames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium convertible
Hello,
I recently bought your MPVI2 tuner and licensed the ECM of my 2019 Mustang (4 credits) to activate my active exhaust retrofit (used oem parts). Although I see the active exhaust menu on my dash (using firscan as described in forums), and enabled idle switch, load switch and manual control using Hptuners, it is still not active. Is there anything else should I modify? Is is the right programming procedure?I have read on forums that people managed to activate it using HpTuners (Palm Beach Dyno did it for instance)Thanks for your help.

Zoso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
F150 mustang gt cb1000r
It looks like the ford price for these mufflers has went through the roof. The cheapest I could find was 800$ per side. Anyone know of a source for these that is still reasonable?

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It looks like the ford price for these mufflers has went through the roof. The cheapest I could find was 800$ per side. Anyone know of a source for these that is still reasonable?
Just buy the Actuators and a exhaust that has it.

Zoso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
F150 mustang gt cb1000r
Just buy the Actuators and a exhaust that has it.
I am unable to locate these mufflers priced anywhere near a reasonable cost. From what I'm seeing, an aftermarket active setup would be cheaper at this point.

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am unable to locate these mufflers priced anywhere near a reasonable cost. From what I'm seeing, an aftermarket active setup would be cheaper at this point.
That's what I was saying to do....

Kr33p302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
If I have the roush active will the actuators bolt on to 18+ mufflers ?

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
Can a dealer add the active exhaust for you after the fact? I know it would be expensive but could they do it all if I took the car to them? Has anyone done this?

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Can a dealer add the active exhaust for you after the fact? I know it would be expensive but could they do it all if I took the car to them? Has anyone done this?
I asked a local dealer if they could flash the updated software to my car if I installed it. They said that they've been asked it before but have never been allowed to do it. My guess is you'd have to buy the parts from them (which would be about $2000 if nothing has changed since I last looked) and they could install it, but probably not update your software so you could use it.
Sponsored