2018-2019 Active Exhaust tips

Pitholer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1 6M Orange Fury
These are interesting, need to get verification they fit active exhaust.
It there any chance we can get any of these tips and instead of sliding over top, we cut the existing tips just outside the ascrib valve and weld?

Pitholer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
I just purchased these from AM. I will not likely get a chance to do anything with them for a few months since the car is in storage for winter, but my plan is to cut off tabs and then have my mechanic weld on the tips to the existing tips. should work fine i think

Sponsored

Rippermac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP A10
I see the MP Concept quad tips are no longer available.. any other sources or solution?

Pitholer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
I see the MP Concept quad tips are no longer available.. any other sources or solution?
ya youre right, glad I just got it, cuz they look nice. but my guess is this is just a bakorder thing, no way they got rid of them already. Give AM a shout

As a side question, does anyone know who actually make MP Concepts stuff? I cant seem to find information on the company

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P

Pitholer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
Oh yeah, the idea is pretty cool, I like the design concept of the tips sliding into the rolled edge (so it would effectively look no different from the back as a single tip).

Sponsored

Pitholer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
I just purchased these from AM. I will not likely get a chance to do anything with them for a few months since the car is in storage for winter, but my plan is to cut off tabs and then have my mechanic weld on the tips to the existing tips. should work fine i think

So I finally got these put on and I can't say I'm satisfied. I cut the tabs off with a rotary tool and had them tack welded on but they stick out too far to look good in my opinion. And if we try to push them in more, they tilt towards the outside of the car and therefore don't look dead straight from behind. To get them to look straight from behind, they can't slide all the way on. Not sure what to do now

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I slide one side of mine on recently too. They do stick out quite a bit. Gonna inspect the hangers and clearance to see how much farther I can push it forward. I’ll have to shorten it up a lil where the x connects if it’s possible.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I messed with mine and decided against it. The factory tip was too easy to see inside the slip ons if you push them on a decent amount and they don't want to line up for shit. I may end up doing what tish did and find some aftermarket tips with a rolled edge and slant cut. There's a ton of options on summit. I did email xforce about their tips and haven't heard back.

Pitholer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for this armykyle. the guy who welded them on for me told me that when he tried to push them on harder they went all slanted and he could never get them to look straight from behind. I did call X-Force yesterday instead of emailing and I spoke to a technical engineer and he told me those tips I really only made for the X-Force exhaust but if you wanted to put them on the factory you would have to cut off the factory tips and put them on and hope that they lined up. He said he has never done that

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Thanks for this armykyle. the guy who welded them on for me told me that when he tried to push them on harder they went all slanted and he could never get them to look straight from behind. I did call X-Force yesterday instead of emailing and I spoke to a technical engineer and he told me those tips I really only made for the X-Force exhaust but if you wanted to put them on the factory you would have to cut off the factory tips and put them on and hope that they lined up. He said he has never done that
I figured they were made for their own system. That really sucks.
Sponsored