armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Oh yea, Daddy likes! Guess ill give em a try as well. If yours is active exhaust make sure the pass side wires are'nt rubbing the metal of the body. I did an x pipe and oops, mine were and I had to fix em. Thanks to finding a post on this forum.

I don't think it is.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
So yea. Ordered them tips at 9:40am yesterday and they were sitting on my doorstep when I got home just now. WOW!

Pitholer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1 6M Orange Fury
They'll look pretty good I think. I need to get some day time pics. I'm going to find a way to get the tabs all the way off. Forcing the tips as far as they'll go, they get pretty snug. Won't take much to secure them. I will have to push the mufflers back a little, so they won't stick out so far, but that's no biggie.
20191210_175114.jpg
20191210_175019.jpg
20191210_174758.jpg
Hi there, were you able to finish the project? I am new to the Mustang world, I just bought an orange Fury 2019 gt at a clear out price. I'm very excited about it, but I didn't like how the exhaust tips look, so very interested in how you finish the project and what it looks like!

Sponsored

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Hi there, were you able to finish the project? I am new to the Mustang world, I just bought an orange Fury 2019 gt at a clear out price. I'm very excited about it, but I didn't like how the exhaust tips look, so very interested in how you finish the project and what it looks like!
Sorry for the delay. Work and new born have occupying my time. But I finished modifying the tips this morning and I'm debating on buying a cheap welder and doing a couple tac welds to hold them on. Or wasting time at a muffler shop.

I was cutting the tabs off the tips and my 6yr old dremel crapped the bed so I grabbed a new one yesterday. Very happy with the upgrade.

I tried a Sawzall first but I was going to end up ruining the tips.
20200110_100630.jpg

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I cut the tabs off mine and slipped them on.... Super tight, wont slide completely on but close. Gonna have to re adjust my exhaust so the mufflers are in further. I do believe they will work, However, I plan to add more weld to the black areas that are tacked, inside and out. Then I was gonna add some exhaust wrap to the stock tips to make it tight, but they are very tight already so not needed. I was thinking once I add more weld to the tacked spots that I could drill a hole top and bottom of the black area and use some type of bolt set up to pull the top and bottom together therefore sandwiching on the stock tips. Then I will cerakote them black once they are ready. I think it should work.

Pitholer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
I cut the tabs off mine and slipped them on.... Super tight, wont slide completely on but close. Gonna have to re adjust my exhaust so the mufflers are in further. I do believe they will work, However, I plan to add more weld to the black areas that are tacked, inside and out. Then I was gonna add some exhaust wrap to the stock tips to make it tight, but they are very tight already so not needed. I was thinking once I add more weld to the tacked spots that I could drill a hole top and bottom of the black area and use some type of bolt set up to pull the top and bottom together therefore sandwiching on the stock tips. Then I will cerakote them black once they are ready. I think it should work.
Thank you for the update! I am surprised they dont slide on all the way in and that you would have to adjust the exhaust, considering they were actually made to slip right on

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Thank you for the update! I am surprised they dont slide on all the way in and that you would have to adjust the exhaust, considering they were actually made to slip right on

The inner tip hits the inside of the rolled edge.

My mufflers are pulled further back than stock, so that's why I will have to adjust mine. They're about 1.5" further back than stock.

Pitholer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
The inner tip hits the inside of the rolled edge.

My mufflers are pulled further back than stock, so that's why I will have to adjust mine. They're about 1.5" further back than stock.
oh, ok. So do you think with just a stock active exhaust, these will slide on and just need to be tack welded and look fine? obviously after cutting off the tabs

Sponsored

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
oh, ok. So do you think with just a stock active exhaust, these will slide on and just need to be tack welded and look fine? obviously after cutting off the tabs
I would think so.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Yes, they will work... I just have to adjust mine as I added a steeda x pipe and need to trim the connection pipes a lil to draw the mufflers in. That was my fault

Pitholer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
So I pulled the trigger on the MP Concepts tips. They don't look nearly as rounded in person. I will most likely find a way to attach these without the mounting tabs, since I didn't spring for the MP splitter. I'll most likely use drill some holes and tap them. Then header wrap for insulation (thanks for the idea @Tish )I think they'll look very nice and actually fill up the exhaust cutouts. $100 shipped is the cheapest option I can find.
20191203_180246.jpg
20191203_180255.jpg

Can I ask where you found for $100 shipped? Thanks