Sponsored

2018-2019 Active Exhaust tips

reb0urne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Dark Matter Gray
The stock active exhaust tips have a drain hole. What are people doing when adding the slip-on tips? I'm assuming water would stay in between the exhaust and slip-on tips.
Sponsored

Pitholer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1 6M Orange Fury
The stock active exhaust tips have a drain hole. What are people doing when adding the slip-on tips? I'm assuming water would stay in between the exhaust and slip-on tips.
My car rarely sees any water except when I wash it. If we are talking about exhaust condensation, I'm not concerned, I always get it real hot, and I drive real fast and they are stainless anyway

shonole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
They have drain holes as well.

reb0urne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My car rarely sees any water except when I wash it. If we are talking about exhaust condensation, I'm not concerned, I always get it real hot, and I drive real fast and they are stainless anyway
It's not water from external elements, but the exhaust builds condensation and that is what the drain hole on the exhaust is for. I know earlier mustangs don't have a drain hole and any condensation would just fall off the tip of the exhaust.

reb0urne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

konadave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DAVE
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT
ordering some tips tonight like above .ive been wanting to do this for a wile thanks guys

konadave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DAVE
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT
so before i order i have non active exhaust.tips above say 7 inch long can ya go shorter ?

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
T
They must have added the drain holes after 2019. Mine does not have them and water sits in the low spot where a hole should be.

reb0urne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
T

They must have added the drain holes after 2019. Mine does not have them and water sits in the low spot where a hole should be.
Good to know! I'm trying to avoid any type of condensation between the stock tips and slip-on tips. I'm thinking it can pose a corrosion problem of the stock tips, perhaps?

Pitholer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
Good to know! I'm trying to avoid any type of condensation between the stock tips and slip-on tips. I'm thinking it can pose a corrosion problem of the stock tips, perhaps?
I wouldn't think they would rust as it is a full stainless exhaust from the factory. The reason the factory exhaust doesnt have a drip hole is because it's slash cut tips so the water can just drip out

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't think they would rust as it is a full stainless exhaust from the factory. The reason the factory exhaust doesnt have a drip hole is because it's slash cut tips so the water can just drip out
What grade of stainless is up for debate, this thread may be of interest :

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/my-pipes.173048/

My slash cut tips have drain holes from the factory (there are some photos on that link) :like:

WD :like:

Pitholer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
If mine are rusting underneath now I don't know. You can see my orange Mustang way early on in this post I have black rolled tips welded on top. If the factory ones are rusting underneath, oh well at this point!

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
I've been looking for a solution like this for a while now - thank you all for being the pioneers of slip on exhaust sleeves! :clap:

The ebay tips look great but the bolt welds seem to be very low quality. Has anyone tried to use header wraps to add thickness and improve fit/tightness of the sleeves? How have these held up over time? thanks!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I've been looking for a solution like this for a while now - thank you all for being the pioneers of slip on exhaust sleeves! :clap:

The ebay tips look great but the bolt welds seem to be very low quality. Has anyone tried to use header wraps to add thickness and improve fit/tightness of the sleeves? How have these held up over time? thanks!

You're right about the bolt-on part, and the wrap would be the ticket, good idea.

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Reviving an old thread. Just ordered some black tips. My stock tips look terrible.
Sponsored