2018-2019 Active Exhaust tips

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 MT-82, 2019 5.0 10R80
Reviving an old thread. Just ordered some black tips. My stock tips look terrible.
Nice! Mine are holding up pretty good still for the exception of the bolt where it rust a bit. You cant really see it unless your looking at the tips at a angle.
Sponsored

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Thanks for the feedback! I'm looking forward to it. The stock ones just leave so much to be desired. However I think it sounds incredible with the steeda h pipe so this is the way to go. It also supports my orange and black theme lol.

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the feedback! I'm looking forward to it. The stock ones just leave so much to be desired. However I think it sounds incredible with the steeda h pipe so this is the way to go. It also supports my orange and black theme lol.
We think alike. I myself have a H pipe and I couldn't justify paying over 1k for a catback when in reality the only thing I disliked was the tips. This little upgrade has kept me happy 1 year later. PS be careful with the actual exhaust tips, they are very sharp. As I slipped on the tips it needed some force and by accident my hand slipped and next thing you know I sliced up my skin like deli meat lol

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
We think alike. I myself have a H pipe and I couldn't justify paying over 1k for a catback when in reality the only thing I disliked was the tips. This little upgrade has kept me happy 1 year later. PS be careful with the actual exhaust tips, they are very sharp. As I slipped on the tips it needed some force and by accident my hand slipped and next thing you know I sliced up my skin like deli meat lol
Thanks for the heads up. Yeah from my reading it seems I have to push pretty hard to get them on right, while not cutting myself on the other tip. Knowing me, I'm gonna bleed. Lol.

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Tips just came in. Will install in the morning. Any torque spec on these clamps or just tighten as much as possible?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Tips just came in. Will install in the morning. Any torque spec on these clamps or just tighten as much as possible?
Just tight as possible. I noticed it didn’t really grab well but the fit is pretty tight even without tightening

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Just tight as possible. I noticed it didn’t really grab well but the fit is pretty tight even without tightening
Would not want to drive behind you LOL, put my wheels on pretty tight..... good :computerrage: to go

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to wait an extra day. Ordered some exhaust wrap so it can be completely snug. Anything I should consider when using? Obviously minimize any overlap since I'm assuming it's going to be a tight fit. How's the wrap going to stay in place while installing the tips? Seems you can't clamp them down in place and still have clearance to fit the tips over.

Yeah I overthink things...

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Would not want to drive behind you LOL, put my wheels on pretty tight..... good :computerrage: to go
Haha I don’t blame you lol. I’ve had them on for 1.5 years now and haven’t lost one so I guess it’s pretty tight

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ok I'm going to have mine welded on. They don't tighten well at all, in my opinion.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Work with it, only us enough to fill in the gap. To test fit, use a piece of masking tape to hold it wrap.

Lets say you have 4 full rounds of wrap, to fill the gap.

Start to slide the tip on, if the tip wants to catch the wrap, unwrap 1 round, still catching, another.

The end game is to have just enought wrap so as the tip clamp ca
Ok I'm going to have mine welded on. They don't tighten well at all, in my opinion.

Post a picture of the back, inboard end, with the slot showing, and bolt shown.

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Problem is that the wrap would keep the larger area from moving up and down, but I can literally pull the tip off by hand, even after tightening. They just don't clamp down.

I may even just try wet sanding and polishing my stock tips and call it good.

Last edited:

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Work with it, only us enough to fill in the gap. To test fit, use a piece of masking tape to hold it wrap.

Lets say you have 4 full rounds of wrap, to fill the gap.

Start to slide the tip on, if the tip wants to catch the wrap, unwrap 1 round, still catching, another.

The end game is to have just enought wrap so as the tip clamp ca

Post a picture of the back, inboard end, with the slot showing, and bolt shown.

I'll take some pics when I'm not so frustrated. Likely tomorrow. Maybe I take my impact (just a Ryobi electric) and see if they tightens things down enough.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I'll take some pics when I'm not so frustrated. Likely tomorrow. Maybe I take my impact (just a Ryobi electric) and see if they tightens things down enough.
I originally tried the bolt on tips but one day on the motorway one of the tips came loose and it wasn't until I got home that I realized that it was just hanging limply at an extremely lame downwards angle. They otherwise did look good. I went out and bought weld on tips of which there is a bit of a variety available. Small cost for an exhaust shop to measure and cut off the OEM tips and weld these on.
PXL_20220214_012613323.jpg
PXL_20220214_012558609.jpg
PXL_20220214_012854985.jpg

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No! do not do that, you will fuck the tip clamping up. You're making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Sponsored