FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Just getting feelers out there. My sales guy told me this morning a 24 just landed.

For those whose has a 17 & driven a 24, is the drive noticeably different? I understand the more tech that the 24 offers (I’m a youngish guy, I like tech)
Buy a new laptop.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
I could not agree more.
Specially till 2021 year model, because 2022 and 2023 lost 10Hp...
Auto, yes. Manual, not a big enough difference.

if I were interested in an auto, which I’m not, I’d go for an 18-23 over a 24.

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
This topic looks about ~50% hashed out, so a halftime wrapup.

There is something magnetic & romantic about replacing a current veh (your '17) w/new veh (the '24).

For those of us who wouldn't currently consider owning a S650, its still important that the latest Ford Mustang is successful in its appeal, & sales, for there to be a future far far ahead.

The slow, chemo style death of a good driving, & handling Camaro platform, has probably proven this out. We don't get the future generations of legend mdl cars, unless the entire lineage is at least somewhat successful. Sone of us watched the Camaro leave, & comes bk, but then it couldn't really sustain the sales #'s, & the thing can corner! Did that tribe just disappear, or more likely move on?

The Camaro (Firebird did die) nearly died after 2002, & then, having came out of a proverbial coma in 2010, just couldn't save itself yet again as of today.

GM seemed to have lost the base of its Camaro enthusiasts thru the on/off/on again times. Wouldn't want to see that for the Mustang, so whether we like or dislike the S650, we need to root for its success.

Might prove important that the 1st few yrs of the '24 model change, does well enough to bring (in a few yrs) quality facelifts, & updates, both externally/ internally. I think we are taking its success for granted as of today, & thats probably not a good idea.

They are promising to carry on the V8, & the car as long as possible, in this world of harsh regulation coming down. Things can change fast... just ask the historical record of car manufacturers who are gone all together.

I cannot help but wonder if a large percentage of the GM tribe, went on to the support the Corvette over the yrs...??
& if so, did they end up saving the Vette, by shifting dwindling GM Camaro tribe/loyalist to either dwindling Vette, or perhaps the Blackwing Caddy owners?
Whats our backup vehicle to go to if the Mustang is gone 1 day? The Raptor? A Mach-E? We got nothing else as I see it.

I'm not saying we must cheerlead for the S650, but it needs to be successful, to continue to see other future Mustang possibilities. While trying to lend support myself to the new model, I am not a fan of big brother tracking equipment being installed, under the guise of more modern conveniences.

We may prosper as individuals, by wanting to see our s550 values hold up - or go up, but as a tribe/group of Ford Mustang enthusiasts, we really need the latest model/brand live on.

The future is a fragile thing. Istill remember when the Ford Probe was to be the Mustangs future at 1 point, if your old enough to remember.

Had people not protested loudly, our Stangs might still be FWD today. We saw how that worked out for other brands. Not well.

So support the tribe - & buy that '24 Stang!

J/k..

sorta

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
This topic looks about ~50% hashed out, so a halftime wrapup.

There is something magnetic & romantic about replacing a current veh (your '17) w/new veh (the '24).

For those of us who wouldn't currently consider owning a S650, its still important that the latest Ford Mustang is successful in its appeal, & sales, for there to be a future far far ahead.

The slow, chemo style death of a good driving, & handling Camaro platform, has probably proven this out. We don't get the future generations of legend mdl cars, unless the entire lineage is at least somewhat successful. Sone of us watched the Camaro leave, & comes bk, but then it couldn't really sustain the sales #'s, & the thing can corner! Did that tribe just disappear, or more likely move on?

The Camaro (Firebird did die) nearly died after 2002, & then, having came out of a proverbial coma in 2010, just couldn't save itself yet again as of today.

GM seemed to have lost the base of its Camaro enthusiasts thru the on/off/on again times. Wouldn't want to see that for the Mustang, so whether we like or dislike the S650, we need to root for its success.

Might prove important that the 1st few yrs of the '24 model change, does well enough to bring (in a few yrs) quality facelifts, & updates, both externally/ internally. I think we are taking its success for granted as of today, & thats probably not a good idea.

They are promising to carry on the V8, & the car as long as possible, in this world of harsh regulation coming down. Things can change fast... just ask the historical record of car manufacturers who are gone all together.

I cannot help but wonder if a large percentage of the GM tribe, went on to the support the Corvette over the yrs...??
& if so, did they end up saving the Vette, by shifting dwindling GM Camaro tribe/loyalist to either dwindling Vette, or perhaps the Blackwing Caddy owners?
Whats our backup vehicle to go to if the Mustang is gone 1 day? The Raptor? A Mach-E? We got nothing else as I see it.

I'm not saying we must cheerlead for the S650, but it needs to be successful, to continue to see other future Mustang possibilities. While trying to lend support myself to the new model, I am not a fan of big brother tracking equipment being installed, under the guise of more modern conveniences.

We may prosper as individuals, by wanting to see our s550 values hold up - or go up, but as a tribe/group of Ford Mustang enthusiasts, we really need the latest model/brand live on.

The future is a fragile thing. Istill remember when the Ford Probe was to be the Mustangs future at 1 point, if your old enough to remember.

Had people not protested loudly, our Stangs might still be FWD today. We saw how that worked out for other brands. Not well.

So support the tribe - & buy that '24 Stang!

J/k..

sorta
Well said 👏

I think it will do well, there does seem to be some enthusiasm around it which is good. I like the car overall, I think they did a nice job, at least from the limited amount of time I’ve spent in one. It just seems like there’s not enough of a difference between the 18-23 cars and S650 to get those folks to move, unless they’re going from Eco to GT/DH or GT to DH. I think there’s enough of a performance difference from the 15-17 cars that it would be worth the move if someone wants something new, like OP is contemplating.

The GTD is making the rounds to all the auto shows now and I’m starting to see a few of the S650’s driving around town, so I think the more people see these cars out there the more they will start to like them (much like S550 when there was all the backlash about it being too European).

Aftermarket support seems to be growing by the week, I believe the Whipple kits will be available in the next few weeks too so that should help.

I agree we should all root for its success, the future of these cars depends on it. And if Farley remains true to his word that the V8 will live on as long as there is demand for it, we (collective Mustang community) need to show there’s demand for it so that it can live on to the next generation Mustang.

Selfishly, my son will be 16 in less than 2 years and he loves cars as much as I do. I want him to have the opportunity to buy a V8 down the road when he’s able to. And we need his generation to be passionate about these types of cars so that maybe, just maybe, these car manufacturers realize there’s still a market and not just cave to the all electric nonsense. But I fear that window is closing fast

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I could not agree more.
I believe you do the OP a disservice to make such a recommendation by encouraging him to eliminate two terrific model years from his search. I’m guessing you have spent zero seat time in a 2022-2023 with the “lost” 10 hp.

OP
OP
numnumm

numnumm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey Fellas, thanks & I appreciate the replies.

Dave, right now my 17 has 34,000 miles. I don’t drive it much (I live in Alaska)
I’ll probably go check it out for a test drive this weekend.
Looks are subjective for sure. It looks good then I look at my 17 and think it looks good too.
if I do take a look at the 24 I’ll let you guys know. Again i appreciate everyone’s input!

Ryan

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
imo the 18-23 cars are the perfect blend of old and new. the facelift fixed the issues i had with the first s550 cars (the bump in the hood)

v8 enthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adelmar
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A10, 19 GT A10, 19 GT A10, 21 MACH 1
I believe you do the OP a disservice to make such a recommendation by encouraging him to eliminate two terrific model years from his search. I’m guessing you have spent zero seat time in a 2022-2023 with the “lost” 10 hp.
Wrong guessing.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Hey Fellas, thanks & I appreciate the replies.

Dave, right now my 17 has 34,000 miles. I don’t drive it much (I live in Alaska)
I’ll probably go check it out for a test drive this weekend.
Looks are subjective for sure. It looks good then I look at my 17 and think it looks good too.
if I do take a look at the 24 I’ll let you guys know. Again i appreciate everyone’s input!

Ryan
Just to say again….you don’t put a lot of miles on your car…a MILD supercharger like a Roush or Whipple stage 1 with their (excellent, OEM-like) tunes on your existing car will elevate it to something way beyond what any stock or even somewhat modified gen 2, 3 and 4 NA cars will feel like. Different league. And you already have a gen2 which is great for boost.

it will diminish the value (maybe) and ultimate long term reliability, and your car won’t handle anywhere near a car like a Mach 1, but if you’re into power like I am take a close look before spending money elsewhere.

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I could not agree more.
come on man, all you do is remove the carbon filter to get the hp back.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Rule #1, never EVER buy the first year of a model run.
Or any that are screwed together in the middle of a strike action even if that factory is not part of it YET.

Snellemin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt, '14 Expedition, Merc C300, Scion xb,
I went looking at all the different new mustangs at the dealer. They all look good to me, quality wise. Paint and interior were good. The new dash was bright enough that you could still see everything in direct sunlight. The engine revs up from 3.5k to red line just as fast as mine. Lots of exhaust pops. The clutch pedal is shorter vs mine. The little coolers at the ends of the lower bumper look cool. The GT500 style rear brake setup that I saw on one, will be my upgrade on my ride in the near future.

However I would not get the new car, simply because you can't tune it and not being able to run E85. But once the car is unlocked, I can see the fun the vehicle will bring to the younger crowd. And new gear heads will be born.

DSC_7140.JPG

DSC_7141.JPG

DSC_7147.JPG

DSC_7149.JPG

DSC_7151 - Copy.JPG

DSC_7155.JPG

DSC_7161.JPG

DSC_7163.JPG

DSC_7167.JPG

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I don’t hate the S650 but I don’t like the black eye liner under the headlights of the Dark Horse for sure. I’m sure the GT etc will grow on me.​
The problem with it is there is nothing really new or compelling about it. I’ve got a mint low mileage 19 GT that I love and for me to want to move from that the car has to have something special about it like the S550 GT had compared to my 5th Gen Camaro SS.

And it just doesn’t. Oh sure if my car was old and beat and I wanted something new then I likely would buy one at some point. But for now I’m happy with what I have and keeping it. :)

Last edited:

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I don’t hate the S650 but I don’t like the black eye liner under the headlights of the Dark Horse for sure. I’m sure the GT etc will grow on me.​
The problem with it is there is nothing really new or compelling about it. I’ve got a mint low mileage 19 GT that I love and for me to want to move from that the car has to have something special about it like the S550 GT had compared to my 5th Gen Camaro SS.

And it just doesn’t. Oh sure if my car was old and beat and I wanted something new then I likely would buy one at some point. But for now I’m happy with what I have and keeping it. :)
Plus the price difference... the 24's are very expensive compared to the 23's. One of my neighbors just got a 24 ecoboost base car. The styling just does absolutely nothing for me.
Sponsored