Sponsored

2015 Mustang GT price?

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
Yeah, that is pretty crazy. That's why the Ecoboost intrigues me. I'll get performance and handling that's better than my current 3V GT, better fuel economy, and the tuneability of a turbo.

I'd love to get a GT but it will depend on what kind of deal I can cut.
Turbo cars are great until shit starts going wrong.

At this point I'll wait to see the SVT NA V8.

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
I'm jealous. Done any mods to it? My Mazdaspeed 6 is a prissy bitch.

Sponsored

Crazyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old beat up and thankfully running strong
Will there be a mark up?

m4a1mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '19 XC90, '13 335i
Whose gonna wait until march 2015 when price starts to drop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I stay strong I will wait for the 2016 models. After my 2009 370Z and 2011 5.0 I decided it's best for me not to jump on the first model year.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Will there be a mark up?
Sure some dealers will try to but good ones won't sell their first few allocations for anymore than MSRP. Within the first six month expect invoice to be the norm like it is now.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Will there be a mark up?
I recall markups when the first 2005's wre available and they were in short supply. I tried several dealers and it was 50/50. Some outright lied and said they were required to charge a mark up because it was a limited edition. Other dealers were honest and set a solid price. Some even said they wouldn't accept x plan while others did so with no problem. You will probably have to shop around or have a good relationship with your dealer to avoid the stupidity that's sure to come.

Sponsored

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
Based on the response I'm seeing on other forums I visit, I feel that we are going to have a difficult time getting any kind of deal below MSRP on the GT or Ecoboost model. I'm positive some dealers will try to even do a $5k market adjustment bullcrap mark-up. I would say that if you can get one during the first couple of months that they are out, expect to pay MSRP or close to MSRP. I also highly doubt that any dealers will be willing to honor plan pricing as well.

Just a few forums that I visit, and the overwhelming majority really like the look and spec of this new Mustang. With a new IRS and an Ecoboost Turbo 4, it's great looks, it's going to attract a whole lot of other that would not have consider the Mustang in it's present configuration.

NASIOC (Subaru forms) Really liking the 2.3 Turbo and GT options.
Camaro5 (People talking about jumping ship or waiting for 6gen Camaro)
the370Z (Nissan Z forum) I have lots of post on here, they are already requesting Photoshoped colors :-)
North American Mini (Lots of interest in Ecoboost)

This is a whole new game for Mustang, the IRS was long over due, I know a lot of people that have BMW's, Porsche's, etc. that wouldn't even consider the car based on that one fact alone. They loved the looks, the power, the sound, but just couldn't get past the fact that this was the only performance car in the world that still used a truck axel (their words)
It was long over due, and it changes the game for a lot of people.
Now, if this Mustang lives up to all the hype when it comes time for the magazine test, etc. Then that will just make it that much harder to get, and to get a good price.

I personally will not pay over MSRP for any car, so there is no way I would pay a mark-up. I'll just wait till they are more in full production and some of the frenzy has died down. I will try my best to get a good deal at first, but if this car proves to be everything they claim it to be, I will strongly consider paying MSRP, but not a cent more. I may possibly wait for the GT500 or SE models to come out, depending on options, availability and of course being able to acquire one with out a mark-up.

This car may prove to be one of the hottest new releases in Mustang history, we shall see.

m4a1mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '19 XC90, '13 335i
Minicobra... are you the minicobra I think you are? (From the370z.com)

MadMoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stuff
I'm not too concerned about markup on the new car. There's so many ford dealers and its a a high volume car. Someone is going to want to make the sale if you call around. For a similar comparison/example there's already a dealer here in colorado springs advertising they'll sell the next gen wrx and sti for $500 under invoice lol. Also, the dealer I bought my previous mustang from told me they'll take X-plan if its available.

J50

Threads
Reaction score
MSRP at most should be widely available, just like the C7 at launch. Some dealers tried to get over sticker. Many though just wanted MSRP.

Hopefully though out of the gate, dealers will discount/ accept affiliate plans.
Sponsored