2015 Mustang GT price?

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 301A PP1 A10 Magneride
I haven't looked recently, but there was still over a thousand dollars in room. The higher the MSRP, the larger the discount.
Sponsored

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
How does one obtain the A plan? Work for Ford?
Correct or direct family members. You could always work at a Ford dealer and get D plan. That is for Ford dealership employees and their direct family.

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
It would be unusual if it increased over 5%
Base 32445
Premium 36750

But 3.5% is more likely
$31982
$36225

They like to round, and same price diff $31900, $36K

qwkcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-mustang
That makes sense.

What they say costs more is the IRS on all models and the aluminum interior which seems like all models and the wheels on some need ribbed tires for curb protection. The front dual pivot suspension hasn't been mentioned as expensive. The taillights being LED is not defined. All else boils down to new shaped molds and some small parts.

So it is only the IRS that makes this car more expensive ground up across all models from 3.7L base on upward.

In USA there are 81 GT Coupes on auto trader right now with incentives and dealer mark down for < $27K. 6 are <$25K.

So how much more will the s550 base GT "have" to cost MSRP because it is

a) still a Mustang
Or
b) revolutionarily still a Mustang?

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
^This ...

Does anyone remember what a fully loaded GT cost in 1993? I don't, but for the sake of argument, let's say it was $20,000 (I think it was lower). Adjusted for inflation, that would be approximately $32,300 in 2013 dollars. Yes, I realize that these are two totally different cars separated by over 20 years of technological, performance, and safety advancements. Regardless, I think anything close to $40,000 for a GT premium with no extra options is crossing the line of affordability for a large segment of the population that Ford is seemingly trying to woo.
The '94 GT was launched it in January 1994 and accounting for inflation between then and October 2013, a moderately equipped GT coupe at $23k is equal to $36,740.20. I'd expect $33-34k base price for a 2015.

Sponsored

JustCreepin'

Threads
Reaction score
That makes sense.

What they say costs more is the IRS on all models and the aluminum interior which seems like all models and the wheels on some need ribbed tires for curb protection. The front dual pivot suspension hasn't been mentioned as expensive. The taillights being LED is not defined. All else boils down to new shaped molds and some small parts.

So it is only the IRS that makes this car more expensive ground up across all models from 3.7L base on upward.

In USA there are 81 GT Coupes on auto trader right now with incentives and dealer mark down for < $27K. 6 are <$25K.

So how much more will the s550 base GT "have" to cost MSRP because it is

a) still a Mustang
Or
b) revolutionarily still a Mustang?
I have to agree with this line of thinking. We (Forum members and those visiting the Forums) are the exception to the general buying public. I believe the majority of buyers won't know/care that we now have IRS vs. SRA. They won't care about the small stuff we're sweating. They will just see an "updated Mustang".

Stephen

Threads
Reaction score
^This ...

Does anyone remember what a fully loaded GT cost in 1993? I don't, but for the sake of argument, let's say it was $20,000 (I think it was lower). Adjusted for inflation, that would be approximately $32,300 in 2013 dollars. Yes, I realize that these are two totally different cars separated by over 20 years of technological, performance, and safety advancements. Regardless, I think anything close to $40,000 for a GT premium with no extra options is crossing the line of affordability for a large segment of the population that Ford is seemingly trying to woo.
You can't have world class handling, materials, fit, and finish along with cheap V8 power for the masses. It's like the new Focus, where everyone complains about the crappy American version, and how they want the Euro version. Ford brings the "better" Euro Focus to the states, and the first thing everyone said was "I ain't paying that much for a crappy Focus."

I can buy a fully loaded 2014 gt right now for 35k otd with the incentives they have. That's going to be my only issue with this new mustang. They will insist on msrp or mark up and then 6 months later will throw out incentives out the butt.
Foul! You are comparing out-the-door vs. MSRP. If you don't want to pay MSRP, then wait until summer 2015 - there will likely be discounts then.

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
You can't have world class handling, materials, fit, and finish along with cheap V8 power for the masses. It's like the new Focus, where everyone complains about the crappy American version, and how they want the Euro version. Ford brings the "better" Euro Focus to the states, and the first thing everyone said was "I ain't paying that much for a crappy Focus."
Amen! I love Ford's current approach.

Foul! You are comparing out-the-door vs. MSRP. If you don't want to pay MSRP, then wait until summer 2015 - there will likely be discounts then.
Yup, plus the outgoing model is always incentive laden in the final year. I'm happy about timing--my fusion lease ends aug 2015. With the V8 and IRS I can dump my beloved BMW too :eyebulge:

m4a1mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '19 XC90, '13 335i
If I can get a Premium 5.0 with PP, Recaros, and Nav for under $40k I'll be thrilled. I'm expecting $40-45k, though. Just take my money already.

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
If I can get a Premium 5.0 with PP, Recaros, and Nav for under $40k I'll be thrilled. I'm expecting $40-45k, though. Just take my money already.
I'm sorry, but you can't do that with the current model. A GT Premium with the Brembo pkg. stickers for $37k.

Sponsored

m4a1mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sorry, but you can't do that with the current model. A GT Premium with the Brembo pkg. stickers for $37k.
Yes but we know sticker and what you actually pay are never the same. FWIW, I didn't mean to infer OTD pricing.

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
Neither was I.
But my pricing was an example of the current model pricing without all the options you specified.
The new one isn't going to be less expensive. There will not be any incentives for months. Dealers are not going to discount prices while demand is high.

m4a1mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand that. Not buying the first model year, anyway. Just saying if I can get one in that range I'll be satisfied. ;)

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
Well that changes everything.:thumbsup:

m4a1mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)