Sponsored

2015 Mustang GT price?

Sisk

Threads
Reaction score
MSRP at most should be widely available, just like the C7 at launch. Some dealers tried to get over sticker. Many though just wanted MSRP.

Hopefully though out of the gate, dealers will discount/ accept affiliate plans.
Seems like everyone on this board has some sort of affiliate plan. Am I missing out on something?
Sponsored

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Remember that survey that was floating around here with the list of options and prices. It really seemed to lowball the price. Per that survey I was able to build a very nicely equipped GT for 34k. Anybody here have info as to why that survey seemed to come in on the lower end of reality?

bwilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO Mustang Premium GT
I would take that survey with a grain of salt. They gave you the option for a glass roof but they recently said it wont be an option.

Sponsored

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I fully expected the survey to be wrong. If not i would be looking for a 4.9 liter engine they had listed:D. I'm wondering aloud why that is so and asking for input from someone who understands margeting research.

bwilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO Mustang Premium GT
Haha this is true about the 4.9 listing. I just graduated with my MBA so I may be able to help out here also. There could be several reasons behind this issue but my guess are that Ford had projections for the glass roof option that didnt meet expectations. It could have been a killer in their capital budget, seeing how they thought they would make X amount of dollars and didnt come close. They probably also wanted to see how many people went this route instead of a convertible. They could have lost valuable sales on a more expensive convertible then a glass roof. It may have even been more expensive/difficult to produce instead of a convertible.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Perhaps I'm way off, but I'm expecting to see an 8-10% price increase. Hopefully its not that much, it will be interesting to see what prices Ford releases.

Nukem High

Threads
Reaction score
I fully expected the survey to be wrong. If not i would be looking for a 4.9 liter engine they had listed:D. I'm wondering aloud why that is so and asking for input from someone who understands margeting research.
Think of it this way. Most people aren't paying attention to Mustang rumors so the survey changes up a few numbers to fool most people. I fully expect the survey to be accurate with the horsepower & torque numbers (which I believe a few on this site with knowledge confirmed were close) and to be very off when it comes to pricing. Remember, the survey was more about options.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
Perhaps I'm way off, but I'm expecting to see an 8-10% price increase. Hopefully its not that much, it will be interesting to see what prices Ford releases.
Across the board, or just the GT? Because that would be crazy.

Despite all the dealer spin that's bound to be out there, i.e. the stuff about the car being "special" or "rare", this is a volume car, and a 10% increase would be a big mistake IMO.

It would definitely keep me from buying a GT, maybe even from buying a Mustang altogether if there is a similar increase on the base and I4 cars.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Across the board, or just the GT? Because that would be crazy.

Despite all the dealer spin that's bound to be out there, i.e. the stuff about the car being "special" or "rare", this is a volume car, and a 10% increase would be a big mistake IMO.

It would definitely keep me from buying a GT, maybe even from buying a Mustang altogether if there is a similar increase on the base and I4 cars.
For the GT, I'm betting the base to start around 33k MSRP.

I'm hoping I'm wrong, but we'll see.
Sponsored