Sponsored

2015-2016 Tech Pack and Base GT350 Cooler Solution Discussion

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
Ford is laughing at all of us, paying more for their modern day Edsel, it's amazing that someone was able to trade with a loss of only 8500, my dealer laughed so hard he wet his pants. He discounted mine by 20k, that 30k loss with my ADM of 10k. His replacement is still 10k over. Mine has less than 1000 miles, has been garage kept, oil changed 3 times already. 17 wax jobs and glows in the dark.
Ford needs some major adjustment in the pocket book. Why should the people that bought be the only ones hurt by this?
Am I whining, no just pissed, and ripped off!

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
I bought my tech because it was listed and sold as top of the line the manual and dealer said the coolers could be added. The heated and cooled tech seats could be added to a track pack but the cars electrical harness would have to be changed so track (which costs less) was not in play for me. So on face value it seems to get ALL the goodies one would buy a tech and add the coolers. Its not shaking down like that at ALL.. Seems like if you went to the top of the msrp ladder your got screwed rather than rewarded like Diana is mentioning and to which I agree.

Finding out now I hate ALL the seats. The tech I am getting use to but had to do the pedal spacers and MGW to feel somewhat comfortable. I let my buddy borrow my hellcat and I borrowed his track GT350 and although I liked the seats at first sight they are not comfortable for me but look the part. I use to race motorcycles and have had a few tumbles since starting at age of 5 so at 40 I feel like 80. I mentioned this because I am finding Ford didn't really package the options correctly although they are limited. They fixed that for '17 but thats no help to guys with '16's.

So as it stands my little spreadsheet shows me I have $16,360 in GT350 performance parts to stare at. Ford will void my warranty even for Ford Performance parts and the number above isn't even the track trans for which I just got a call for.

When the options expire that leaves only one thing doesn't seem like Ford is in it for the loyalists or ownership experience. Too bad because I am on the list for the Raptor at MSRP and my number came up but don't want to get bit twice by the blue oval.

This is my first Ford in life I swap cars out 6-12 months so between 3 cars this could have been lucrative for Ford and the dealer both of which have failed me. The dealer see's me pull up in my other cars but they are on their team which I am not a part off.

@ Diana I had 34 miles on my car when I tried to trade them for a track. They went from a 2k difference to 8K on trade and wanted 20k ADM. Although still an Autonation store the dealer wanted the store that had the car to get their their 10K ADM and than that store were I was at to also get their 10K ADM. I told them a 2hr drive was not worth the 10k ADM and I could go directly to the other store, they didn't care. I was first on the GT350 list they passed me up since I was unknown to them even though I had my deposit paid and was on top of the list. They did 3k ADM instead of the 5k for making me wait an extra 6mos but then wanted the 20K ADM on the next purchase sharks smelled the blood. They had the balls to call me up to extort 50k from me to go on the Ford GT list like I am stupid and forgot the whole previous and current experience.

The free market goes up and down and seems like its going down now on cars. This would be a perfect example of why Ford and their dealers would loose money on the downswing because they didn't take care of their customers on the upswing. Selfishness works both ways..

The track guys are happy and can't see why us tech guys are bitchin but they have yet to look at it standing in our shoes. We put our best foot forward tried to get the top billed car that they could offer, set-up our deposited and waited ages only to get screwed in the end. Track guys did the same but made out ok and can say better you than me until something bites them like the oil line recall and maybe something bigger next. Say their trans start going out because the oil grade issue we've discussed here so essentially are on par with tech guys which side of the gulf would they stand on then? Its always different if it affects you or your looking at someone affected., it shouldn't be the options check box is all that separates us all on this forum. Ridicule has no merit in this discussion or thread..

You know the Ford GT is a track car no doubt but the thing has a radio and nav. So does a La Ferrari, McLaren P1 and Porsche 918 all purpose built track cars with road legality just like our GT350. So saying you got a tech like its a different car on a different planet than a track blows my mind.. The base car was to be track ready and purpose built. The amenities should have no bearing on performance of the drivetrain but somehow on the GT350 it does.. If the same were true for the cars above because they optioned for power seats so now the drivetrain overheats there would be a firestorm :crazy:

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
No, like you I tried many times across several states to make a trade deal on a '17 and got nowhere. Dealers tried to stick it to me on both ends, lowball me on the trade, still expect adm. Jealous of the $8500 delta, I would have jumped at that, considered anything up to $12k. But beyond $12k, I figure I will keep the '16 and do the cooler upgrades. I have been a Ford guy all my life but if the Chevy dealer would do a decent trade, I would consider a ZL1, which is really saying something, I am that pissed.

Sponsored

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
Ford flunk 3rd grade math! 193 million is a conservative figure for what they got paid, without ADM, 2017 is 9 million more that all of us would pay gladly, even if it cost them a matching 9 million, that's less than 5 percent of what they got. If their profit was 50 percent then they would loose 10 percent. Can they loose more? Yes both now and in the future. Does Ford have other issues with other cars? Yes yes, are they more than other car manufacturers? Looks like a yes again. There are some interesting readings in the warranty section of the manual if you read everything and dissect thru it carefully, they could have suggested a fix with us paying part. Is this just BS?
There are stories of buy backs by Ford both here and in Canada or BC, but difficult to verify, they are sealed.
Am I whining? Some say yes some say I am spinning, having just hit steel at 1000 yds three times at dusk, I think I am on bullseye and hope to stay that way! Heading home for a nice cold drink that's potent!

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
I finally found a dealer who actually knows the gt350 in depth and told me about the wrench & filter freebie coming out and who has done 5 cooler line recall fixes. So I bring my car in for new cooler lines and oil change Friday. I thought about a trans and diff fluid change but not sure since everything in my car is working.

On Sunday I have a private owned 2.3 mile track of a friend and took my car out there for the 40 minutes I was allowed and ran the car in gears 2-4 and most run time at 8000 rpm or so with no limp mode. Car just wants to run. It seems the harder the car is pushed the better it runs. I was out there with a 2017 Red R running literally the whole time and both cars very equal but I felt my car was stronger as I could leave the corners a lot harder? I could pass him in almost every corner as long as I had a straight following. He was so surprised because he heard the limp mode rumors. The guy who owns the track bought the R in January. This is 1 of his other 35 or so cars including a Bugatti Veyron and a Porsche 918. Again I think it is a car by car basis. We are trying to find another TRUE base to see if their car hits limp. Don't know what to say but believe it is a great car that NEEDS a smart service dealer. Hopefully I found one. Will know in a few days.

As of today my car has hit 177 and no disclosure. 11.8 et quarter mile adjusted time and numerous passes around a few road courses with no limp and extreme performance. Car performs in extremes just needs some dealer warranty cosmetic tlc

We have a few guys who are going to do a track event here including my buddy ED who has a 17 ZL1 and Grand Sport Vette. If some guys in Chicagoland may be interested let me know. This would be a small group since track is a bit tight because it is privately owned. Please let me know. Event may happen 2 or 3 times over the summer. Also be aware a liability waiver has to be signed and you would be on your own for damage or liability. Let me know if interested

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
[MENTION=20297]crazyfish[/MENTION],
Congrats and thanks for letting us know about your track experiences :thumbsup: I hope you avoiding limp mode for the rest of the season :cheers:

Unrelated, I respectfully assert giving another $8,500 to Ford on a '17 GT350 is a horrible idea. The low ball offer on the '16 is just another opportunity for the dealer to profit off the next guy. ANY ADM on a non-R GT350 at this time is unwarranted. Folks have reported more dealers offering them at MSRP or below.

I'd rather take some of the $8,500, put it to the transmission & diff coolers. Yeah, I know this is still going to Ford but at least it's mitigating a design flaw, consistent with Ford's fix, on what I already have invested.

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
[MENTION=20297]crazyfish[/MENTION],
Congrats and thanks for letting us know about your track experiences :thumbsup: I hope you avoiding limp mode for the rest of the season :cheers:

Unrelated, I respectfully assert giving another $8,500 to Ford on a '17 GT350 is a horrible idea. The low ball offer on the '16 is just another opportunity for the dealer to profit off the next guy. ANY ADM on a non-R GT350 at this time is unwarranted. Folks have reported more dealers offering them at MSRP or below.

I'd rather take some of the $8,500, put it to the transmission & diff coolers. Yeah, I know this is still going to Ford but at least it's mitigating a design flaw, consistent with Ford's fix, on what I already have invested.

Either way Ford wins, but one gets warranty one way and not the other! But 8500 not cheap.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Either way Ford wins, but one gets warranty one way and not the other! But 8500 not cheap.
It is not cheap...It's also impacted my decision not to fork over thousands of $$ in any extended warranty. I'm already in year two of the original:D

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It is not cheap...It's also impacted my decision not to fork over thousands of $$ in any extended warranty. I'm already in year two of the original:D
Right, Ford is forcing a decision between upgrading the transmission or buying an extended warranty. I can't do both because the transmission upgrade kills any transmission related issues.

What I don't understand is; Ford has offered warranties on supercharger kits but won't offer a warranty on the transmission swap.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

bentley1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby (White with DIB OTT Stripes) #1233

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Not sure if this has been posted yet...reminds me of the '99 Cobra debacle.

http://jalopnik.com/shelby-gt350-mu...ource=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

I don't know what will come of it, but I did register on that site. If Ford settles any amount, then I want my piece og the pie....no matter how small it is :)

Looks like something was filed today.
https://www.hbsslaw.com/uploads/cas...man_ford_shelby_mustang_complaint_3.22.17.pdf

Last edited:

Gilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, 98 Cobra
Honestly I bought the tech pack because it was cheaper. I figured I could upgrade when the car is paid off to the trans cooler and diff cooler. Now if this happens on the street, I'll be pissed but I'm confident that I probably won't be running it that hard on the street.
Sponsored