Sponsored

2015-2016 Tech Pack and Base GT350 Cooler Solution Discussion

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Forum admin may want to get ready for some e-discovery requests from Ford's attorneys... starting with this thread.
Sponsored

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
Atty Furst is not a litigant, her firm filed on behalf of the litigants.
She and Stuart Grossman signed the petition.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Atty Furst is not a litigant, her firm filed on behalf of the litigants.
She and Stuart Grossman signed the petition.
Gotcha, line removed..

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
Complaint looks pretty straight forward, covers most bases, missed one and that's the over all life expectancy of the transmission and differential without coolers or more frequent fluid changes but that's a minor correction as things move Forward.
I guess the courts have to decide on merits and award Class status, and then there are the Ford challenges that we don't have rights and we get kicked out. But 2017 speaks the language

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I wish their would be a similar lawsuit happening here in Canada.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

Secondtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350dib tech
All I can say is go Diana :clap2:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
What will you guys do if ford wins? I have a feeling they will say they offered a track pack and R version that has coolers. How many tech and base cars have been sold and how many have complained about limp mode?

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Complaint looks pretty straight forward, covers most bases, missed one and that's the over all life expectancy of the transmission and differential without coolers or more frequent fluid changes but that's a minor correction as things move Forward.
I guess the courts have to decide on merits and award Class status, and then there are the Ford challenges that we don't have rights and we get kicked out. But 2017 speaks the language
It omits the 2015 Techs....

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
The litigation is for Track ready with safety concerns for street use. I can say my repair orders are a strong backing for the street part. I have never tracked mine as the tires and engine ECU logs will show yet my trans went out. Had this happen at an inopportune time I could of been severely injured. Dallas has high speed limits and I think ranks 2nd in the country for worst traffic. Inability to shift gears and get out of the way with the high speed crazy drivers we have would have been a recipe for disaster.

I have yet in 10yrs living here seen a 2 car accident. When it goes wrong it really goes wrong and there are at least 5-6 cars involved in an accident.

My car is still wrong I test drove it but dealer won't do anything about it. I have made my payments and the dealer went as far as taking away my loaner car stating I couldn't have it for more than 30day as Ford won't reimburse them. Yet who is reimbursing me? I'm making the payment and insurance payments on vapor.

I think the legal filing should be more encompassing and cover more street users. Not only is the tech flawed on the track but also the street.

There is a standing case called Colonial Dodge VS. Miller 420 Mich. 452 (1984) 362 N.W.2d 704

This case required the Court to decide whether the failure to include a spare tire with a new automobile can constitute a substantial impairment in the value of that automobile entitling the buyer to revoke his acceptance of the vehicle under MCL 440.2608; MSA 19.2608 and IT DID.

Same could be said for the oil coolers and there is a direct correlation and line to be drawn between that case and our cars. Because some 2016's had them and Ford including in all 2017 the cooler. There was no information provided to the contrary for the tech pack cars.

Sponsored

Ctease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
You sir deserve an award for the dumbest comment i've EVER read on these forums. :crazy:

Nuff said, not even gonna comment on such a stupid statement.
You need more sun.

You have some good reasoning for most of your response; except, the 2016 Tech Pack cars were more expensive than the Track Pack cars. I don't believe price was really a factor in many peoples buying decisions, at least not for me. I needed seats that I could sit in due to a back injury, the Recaro's are too painful, and even the Tech seats are painful after a while, but I suck it up like the old Army fart that I am, haha. :ford:
Yeah i also said "Same could be said for my car; I don't have carbon rims or carbon spoiler. Ford put too much faith in the consumer. They gave people too many options." I should've been more clear. R was "the car". Base was relatively cheap version, track was cheaper R-like and tech was less expensive comfort spin on R. Ford gave too many options and arguably the wrong packages. Just like GT base & GT premiums... I personally dislike to pleather so would be boxed into GT base.
Sorry to hear about your back. I'm retire military also. Hope you're at least getting basic VA care. Something I have never received to date, although I was awarded both branch % at retirement and VA rating. Those quacks just put me on waiting lists.

I'm happy there's finally a lawsuit. And even though it think it's crap. I hope Ford offers to buy all the tech & base cars at list and gives stipen for inconveniences. Then sells cars in used market for pennies on the dollar or disassembles and sells cheap used parts through third party.

It's funny the lawsuit doesn't complain about normal driving. They're suing over highspeed and track driving. I wonder if this action is designed to fail? Seems they should complain about normal driving triggering limp mode.. maybe that was just hyperbole by individuals. Plus I don't know if owners will win because lawyer types hate cars and upper middle-class types who would buy GT350. I think Prius owners or poor people slipping in Walmart have a better chance of getting sypathethic legal system.

But really do hope all of this gets resolved soon for the people effected. Must suck being stuck in limbo. Much worse than just sucking it up and fixing it or selling it.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
It's funny the lawsuit doesn't complain about normal driving. They're suing over highspeed and track driving. I wonder if this action is designed to fail? Seems they should complain about normal driving triggering limp mode.. maybe that was just hyperbole by individuals.

But really do hope all of this gets resolved soon for the people effected. Must suck being stuck in limbo. Much worse than just sucking it up and fixing it or selling it.
Probably not enough complaintents to make any money.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
They probably didn't include limp mode on the street because they haven't talked to anyone who had that problem yet.

It should be added once they have that kind of complaint

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853