Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Thank you for your feedback. Have you ever considered creating a team, somewhere in Europe, for all those European projects? I am talking about development of new products that have to do with the European Mustang (and maybe other cars as well). I think I am speaking on behalf of the other members of this forum, we like and we trust your products. Let us know, I am sure you will find more than enough people willing to participate to a "European project".
We have made significant investments in R&D equipment for our facilities here in St. Louis, Missouri. It's not something we can just pick up and bring with us or send to another country I'm afraid.

Our engineers are very hands-on with these vehicles, which is one way we are able to produce such high-quality, reliable products.

It is extremely beneficial for us to have customers willing to provide feedback, or information on our products, especially with unique (and complicated) items like the Switchback boards for the EU/AU Mustang. However, we can't rely on that solely for R&D. It still has to take place here. It's an expensive, time-consuming process, but it's what separates us from the rest.

I'm proud that our engineering team was able to produce EU-spec boards for the DRLs, and come up with solutions for the driver differences. It's a testament to our team's skill & ability.

I can't thank you guys enough for your support, and for trusting our team's hard work :hail:

Nick C.
Sponsored

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
What kind of glue did you use to make your lights whole again?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers
Falk

Already checked and these are the only two pictures I have regarding the cut.
The black plastic cover you see in the second picture on the right is removable.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I still remain speechless hearing about these issues, and knowing that a poland guy, that is not a big company but it's him, on his own, has made a working mod years ago with little to no issues :ninja
I'm a satisfied customer as well :thumbsup:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
What kind of glue did you use to make your lights whole again?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers
Falk
I had the work done by someone else, don't know what kind of glue he used :)

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
[MENTION=31524]Falk03[/MENTION] It's some sort of black super strong glue by 3M. If you go back a few pages in this thread or the Daily Chat Europe one, [MENTION=21781]Bazzie[/MENTION] discribes the product he used.

Last edited:

Sus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Rubyred
They're still having problems. Apparently the break light signal is to weak for the LEDs used unless you tap signal from right under the break pedal. At least that's the last update I got. I should be testing them soon on a customer that already has the LED-boards and wants me to install them.
My DRL and taillight story up till now and its not all roses and sunshine.
I have the taillight led boards from exoticponymods. (i'm the guy where "Mustangmusthaves" refered to). I descided to install the boards myself and the DD Tribar leds in the headlights as well.
First things first, i had the switchbacks from Proledlights in Holland but they did not work with engine running. I then ordered the chinese ones and they worked properly, finaly,,or thats what i thought :-(
Now,,,, DRL and taillights,,,
I opened the headlights from te bottom side and installed the DD boards, not that hard. (I used a dremel and had some cutting particles inside the headlights but not that bad.), I used the windschieldwiper 12v to go to the red from the driver instead of from the stock dril's in the foglights. That way i would be able to add a fuse that i could remove for the car inspection
Taillights ; using the dremel i was able to seperate the lights completely. I switched the original boards with the ones i bought from Exoticponymods and glued the taillights back together with the module/driver inside the taillights, thats how its designed, the module is just a small 6x6cm board.
Exoticpoymods informed me to use a wire from beneath the brake pedal to supply power to the brakelight leds. I descided however to use the 12v from the subwoofer. I installed a relay that powers the brake lights with that subwoofer 12v source and the relay is switched by the stock white brake wire. After reΓ―nstalling front and rear lights everything worked perfectly,,,,untill yesterday evening (first time i drove the car after dark since i installed the lights) i noticed that i could no longer change channels (presettings) on the radio. I could change to another station, but the frequency would not change, whatever station i picked showed up on the screen but the music stayed thesame. So today at daylight i tried again and everything worked fine,,,untill i switched on de lights (park or headlights, doesn't matter) , and the problem reocurred. When i push the brakepedal with lights on it works fine again. DAB radio seems to work fine,,,,so i thought,,,
I did a master reset on the sync2 but that didn't help. At some point it seemed to work with bluetooth off. After disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes and another master reset, even in DAB switching channels does not work with lights on,,with lights turned off,,,everything is fine.
the only way i can get it to work is unplug the left taillight.
I disconnected the relay from the subwoofer since thats the only link between the radio and the taillights but that didn't solve anything.
Tomorrow i will change the power source from the windschieldwiper to the drl's in the fog lights for the DD drl's and disconnect the relay and wire from the subwoofer and take that 12v from the brakepedal wire.
Oh,,before i forget,,after installing the DD tribars my switchbacks started to flicker when indicating with,,,,lights on,,,,,,,sigh !:tsk:
I'll update this issue as soon as i tried the above "solutions"
BTW: Thanks to PJ from Mustangmusthaves for thinking along with me trying to figure this out.

Mariuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1 (2023) Red Race
Does anyone know where we can buy 6000K bulbs for our European ponies? The page that you had put pages back does not work anymore.
Thank you

Sponsored

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Is anyone planning on swapping to the 2018 tail lights? Ford Parts UK has them on their website. I was gonna get them, but the price is a bit high for me right now.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Are they plug 'n' play on 15-17?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Raxiom LED Halo Fog Lights

[MENTION=14834]John577[/MENTION] (or anyone else who has experience with those lights) I am looking to buy those Raxiom LED Halo Fog Lights from American Muscle.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/raxiom-led-halo-fog-lights-1517-w-factory-fog-lights.html

In their site they state that they will not work properly on a European Mustang. If it's simply a wire splicing thing, I don't mind the work, it can easily be done.

Any ideas if these lights can be modified so that they work on our European cars?
398032.jpg
398032_alt2.jpg

Last edited: