Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
[MENTION=30704]X_Splinter[/MENTION] Can you share the ebay link? I would be interested as well.
Sponsored

X_Splinter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang 2.3T Euro
Does anyone have a tutorial on How to replace the European DRL bubbls in the European Mustang??? Any language will do

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
You have nothing special to do to swap the bulb.

1st you need to open the wheel arch (3 puch-pins to remove) to access behind the bumper, then you'll see the fog light :

Upper bulb is fog light, lower bulb is DRL :

OEM DRL Bulb in place :

You need to remove the connector, then turn the bulb (clokwise IIRC).

The plug & play LED bulb you need is : http://proledlights.nl/p13w-25w-high-power.html

Then, do everything in the opposite way :thumbsup:

Cheers :cheers:

X_Splinter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang 2.3T Euro
Thanks mate it was very easy to reach it... However the light I bought dont enter the housing :frusty:

John577 do you know of any store in France that have them?

Sponsored

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks mate it was very easy to reach it... However the light I bought dont enter the housing :frusty:

John577 do you know of any store in France that have them?
I know this problem, I tried around 5 bulbs and no one would fit in place :frusty:
You can see here what I did before we found the correct plug&play bulb (post #133) : http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27457&page=9

The bulb from proledlights.nl is the only bulb that fit properly in place, you just have to contact them per mail and they ship all around the EU.

X_Splinter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang 2.3T Euro
I know this problem, I tried around 5 bulbs and no one would fit in place :frusty:
You can see here what I did before we found the correct plug&play bulb (post #133) : http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27457&page=9

The bulb from proledlights.nl is the only bulb that fit properly in place, you just have to contact them per mail and they ship all around the EU.
Once again thanks. I actually found some plug n play Leds on Amazon for the Mustang.
They were shipped from UK from Amazon and arrived in France in 48h
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B073TXXL6T

4ECcsiSzVihkMXc0G5un_Lw_zIF-OTm1TNB4i318iPLmftMXPdH4EfcA0q34g0yRuoRIpNjJjWpofGfWt0WIgOFKaVaEa0Fw.jpg

p7TF-PyTKEIe_LYj7R8RK977GsN34SSR-Tq9rUfS6T-TDoTkOrkxoaJns1rfAjLrN4pn8yoXMvNVnk1qd_rphWJilZJVEeoA.jpg

I also bought LEDs for Parking Lights, I can unplug it but I don't know how to remove the light bulbs :mad:

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now we need to find the appropriate "switchback" LEDs that can work as normal taillights, breaks and turn signals. And of course a driver for the sequential function. Then we can do the installation on our own. Shouldn't be that difficult, same technique as the fronts.

Anyone has an idea if this kind of LEDs are available somewhere?
[MENTION=27749]MakStang[/MENTION] : I found it, check this link : https://store.exoticponymods.com/pr...le-amber-triple-red-sequential-tail-light-mod

Just need to cut open your lights and the boards should be plug & play :clap2: :thumbsup:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=14834]John577[/MENTION] great find man! :headbang: :clap2:

Who will lead the way for cutting open the tail lights and doing the installation? Never done it before but I guess there is a first for everything.

I will contact them for information (shipping costs, compatibility and maybe installation instructions). In the meantime, does anyone have a guide for cutting open the tail lights? I think [MENTION=12253]papinist[/MENTION] had a photo of the back of his tail lights when they were modified, but his photos don't show up any more, due to an issue with Photobucket. Stefano, can you send me this photo by email? Will PM you my email address.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
John this is one of the best find of all time!
Despite most of all already have the taillights seq mod (Icould have not keep the car the other way!) it's very important to have that mod at a good price and with DIY instructions.

Some other info from Exoticponymods' blog: https://store.exoticponymods.com/bl...il-light-wiring-diagram-info-euro-au-and-usdm

Makis, I have to check my albums on google photos.. luckily the ones on photobucket were only copies! Damn photobuchet..

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
This is one of the greatest finds of all time indeed!

So I contacted them already! The item shows to be unavailable on their website and they informed me that the new version is expected in late September. There will be detailed instructions as well. I like new versions because they always address issues associated with the initial release (see Diode Dynamic's switchback DRL Led boards driver issues).

So, waiting patiently...

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Already checked and these are the only two pictures I have regarding the cut.
The black plastic cover you see in the second picture on the right is removable.
IMG_20151212_110928 (Large).jpg
IMG_20151212_110946 (Large).jpg

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
John this is one of the best find of all time!
Despite most of all already have the taillights seq mod (Icould have not keep the car the other way!) it's very important to have that mod at a good price and with DIY instructions.

Some other info from Exoticponymods' blog: https://store.exoticponymods.com/bl...il-light-wiring-diagram-info-euro-au-and-usdm

Makis, I have to check my albums on google photos.. luckily the ones on photobucket were only copies! Damn photobuchet..
This is one of the greatest finds of all time indeed!

So I contacted them already! The item shows to be unavailable on their website and they informed me that the new version is expected in late September. There will be detailed instructions as well. I like new versions because they always address issues associated with the initial release (see Diode Dynamic's switchback DRL Led boards driver issues).

So, waiting patiently...
It was fun to find this link indeed :headbonk:

Let us know Makis when you get news about the install instructions and the product itself :thumbsup:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Will let you know as soon as the product becomes available at the end of September as they told me. :thumbsup:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Already checked and these are the only two pictures I have regarding the cut.
The black plastic cover you see in the second picture on the right is removable.
So I guess I should go buy a dremel and rubber glue to get myself prepared for the mod :headbonk:
Sponsored