OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Fantastic! Let us know John. I will definitely do this mod on my own when their new version is released. I was looking forward to something like that, didn't want to send my tail lights as well for modification. This is the reason I haven't converted my tail lights to sequential so far. Plus it costs much lower this way (unless you break somehow the lights!). :thumbsup:
The Belgium guy said it's definitely easier to do the rear lights as the front lights. As you open them completely, you can reach everything without a problem.

Just, be careful with the Dremel when you cut the light, so you won't damage a thing inside :thumbsup:
Then, with a good sealant, everything will be invisible once back on the car :D
Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I'm kinda tinkering if it would be worthwhile to pre order a batch and start an extra business to modify these lights, as I'm currently looking for an extra job anyway...

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm kinda tinkering if it would be worthwhile to pre order a batch and start an extra business to modify these lights, as I'm currently looking for an extra job anyway...
Could be a good idea, now we just need to know the reliability of this product...

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Could be a good idea, now we just need to know the reliability of this product...
Indeed, this is holding me back a bit, it's quite an investment to buy lets say 10 to start with without knowing how reliable they might be.

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Indeed, this is holding me back a bit, it's quite an investment to buy lets say 10 to start with without knowing how reliable they might be.
LED boards are reliable, the only thing that can broke is the module with all the electronic stuff inside.

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
LED boards are reliable, the only thing that can broke is the module with all the electronic stuff inside.
Where does the module lives, inside the light enclosure or outside of it?

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where does the module lives, inside the light enclosure or outside of it?
Sadly I don't know on this product where the module is located. Maybe we have to wait till [MENTION=27749]MakStang[/MENTION] gets informations about the installation guide.

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
Sadly I don't know on this product where the module is located. Maybe we have to wait till [MENTION=27749]MakStang[/MENTION] gets informations about the installation guide.
They're still having problems. Apparently the break light signal is to weak for the LEDs used unless you tap signal from right under the break pedal. At least that's the last update I got. I should be testing them soon on a customer that already has the LED-boards and wants me to install them.

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're still having problems. Apparently the break light signal is to weak for the LEDs used unless you tap signal from right under the break pedal. At least that's the last update I got. I should be testing them soon on a customer that already has the LED-boards and wants me to install them.
Oohh, well, then a NO-Go for now with this product :(

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I would suggest we wait until I hear from them at the end of September. If I don't hear from them I will contact them again. Don't worry I can be very persistent :ninja:

[MENTION=21881]MustangMustHaves[/MENTION] thank you for the update, at least we know now why they pushed the release of the new version for a later date. Keep us posted after you install them on your customer's car.

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I still remain speechless hearing about these issues, and knowing that a poland guy, that is not a big company but it's him, on his own, has made a working mod years ago with little to no issues :ninja:

He is indeed a great guy :thumbsup:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
No doubt he does a great job. I believe that the Australians have simply disassembled a tail light modified by "our friend" and tried to recreate new led boards through reverse engineering. Clever if you ask me, but probably they didn't get it right the first time so that's why they are now working on the second version. I would have done the same if I new some company that produces led boards that would be willing to do that.

On the other hand there is [MENTION=9987]Diode Dynamics[/MENTION], maybe we should ask them if they have those rear sequential led boards for the European Mustang in their plans. I asked them a while ago and they told me that it's not in their plans. However, considering how many Mustangs have been sold in Europe, it is a significant market for them.

Can someone from [MENTION=9987]Diode Dynamics[/MENTION] chime in?

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No doubt he does a great job. I believe that the Australians have simply disassembled a tail light modified by "our friend" and tried to recreate new led boards through reverse engineering. Clever if you ask me, but probably they didn't get it right the first time so that's why they are now working on the second version. I would have done the same if I new some company that produces led boards that would be willing to do that.

On the other hand there is [MENTION=9987]Diode Dynamics[/MENTION], maybe we should ask them if they have those rear sequential led boards for the European Mustang in their plans. I asked them a while ago and they told me that it's not in their plans. However, considering how many Mustangs have been sold in Europe, it is a significant market for them.

Can someone from [MENTION=9987]Diode Dynamics[/MENTION] chime in?
I also asked them a few times about LED boards for the rear lights, they always told me the same they told you...

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Our engineers have too many ongoing projects as is. It's a huge challenge not having hands-on access to an EU-spec Mustang to begin with.

As members have stated, we aren't currently working on a solution for it and it's not in our plans.

I'm sure there may be enough Mustang owners willing to do it, but it's not something we are going to dedicate time and resources to right now.

We try to be transparent, honest, and as upfront as possible about these things. As an enthusiast, I would personally love to see our engineering team produce a solution for it, but they are already working on about 40+ new products at the moment (might be more than that).

I hope this answers your questions, and I apologize for the disappointing news.

Nick C.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for your feedback. Have you ever considered creating a team, somewhere in Europe, for all those European projects? I am talking about development of new products that have to do with the European Mustang (and maybe other cars as well). I think I am speaking on behalf of the other members of this forum, we like and we trust your products. Let us know, I am sure you will find more than enough people willing to participate to a "European project".
Sponsored