2 piece rotor kit questions and issues

Mach1Mike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
The two piece kit from Steeda is expensive, that is not my issue. My issue is that they don't come marked with a direction for mounting. Both fronts have same serial and no stickers or markers to show which should go left and which should go right. There is no install video for these from Steeda, I have only seen a few really poor quality videos going over install, nothing official from Steeda.

50/50 chance I put them on backwards, no way to tell; being Christmas eve the Steeda hotline is closed. Will call on Monday, I did Roadtest the car and burnished the new hawk pads on them, hopefully I didn't ruin them. Really am not going to enjoy doing a second install to correct if backwards. A simple stamp or etching or sticker or anything to show left and right side....1800.00 set of rotors kind of expected a little more.
Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
My Baer rotors were marked. And usually they are the direction you would think would be backwards. This is the baers. Not sure on the Steeda. Just have to look at pics elsewhere probably

272E691C-B2E6-47DA-947C-B742978325B9.jpeg

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
That’s the correct way, swiping down from the top of the rotor.

If you just have the lines in the rotor, it will be the same way as shown, see my right side below.

8C806A54-21C3-488F-8076-ED2C97F9A0E0.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
My Baer rotors were marked. And usually they are the direction you would think would be backwards. This is the baers. Not sure on the Steeda. Just have to look at pics elsewhere probably
Side note, those calipers are pretty awesome.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Very simple the bleeder MUST be installed facing up.

OP
OP
Mach1Mike

Mach1Mike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Just got off the phone with Steeda, it was like speaking to a wall. They did confirm they are backwards and need reversed. They didnt sound concerned with the lack of stickers, instructions, or any guide video for the install. This is a shame I thought this was a solid outfit but it seems like they are mailing it in like the rest of aftermarket...

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda is a solid outfit, just for kicks how many times have you purchased from them?

OP
OP
Mach1Mike

Mach1Mike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Steeda is a solid outfit, just for kicks how many times have you purchased from them?
3 times this year. Each time it was a song and dance. This being the worst. First I ordered jacking rails, that took them like 2 months to produce. Said nothing about delays on the page when they were ordered and they took my money. Then I ordered brake pads, also delayed with no reason given, when I called I got told they were in stock and were just waiting on a t-shirt I added to my order. Should they ship the parts they have and not let a t-shirt hold up an order. Then this issue, yet to have a smooth transaction to date, how many more chances should I give them.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
3 times this year. Each time it was a song and dance. This being the worst. First I ordered jacking rails, that took them like 2 months to produce. Said nothing about delays on the page when they were ordered and they took my money. Then I ordered brake pads, also delayed with no reason given, when I called I got told they were in stock and were just waiting on a t-shirt I added to my order. Should they ship the parts they have and not let a t-shirt hold up an order. Then this issue, yet to have a smooth transaction to date, how many more chances should I give them.

Been ordering from them for 2 years, never heard or had a T shirt offered. Not that I'm interested, maybe you're ordering popular high demain items.

But I also place web orders, 90% of the time.

OP
OP
Mach1Mike

Mach1Mike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Been ordering from them for 2 years, never heard or had a T shirt offered. Not that I'm interested, maybe you're ordering popular high demain items.

But I also place web orders, 90% of the time.
I can tell these guys are mailing it in just by there website, the URL slug has not been updated since 2019.
I just would like a vendor to own their issues, resolve them and be upfront about stuff. Instead they take your money and put you in a holding pattern. Guess its my fault for believing the brand hype.

steeda.PNG

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase