Sponsored

18+ GT Performance Tune Pac

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Sorry to hear this. Did they do a smoke test to check for vacuum leaks?

- Benny
I believe they did. My vaccum gauges don't show any hints at leaks. I honestly think the throttle body itself is the issue, but I'll have to buy a new one to see. I did clean it. No difference. They are slightly over $200 from what I see and would hate to throw that money away if it isnt, but at this point I'm going to have to work down the line. I tried to see if Ford Performance sells them at a discount since I already have the kit. No one got back to me. I dont think they pulled any spark plugs or fuel injectors out so I might do that too. 02 sensors were good to go as is the MAF. No exhaust leaks either.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Beetlejuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Is the inlet tube on this pac the same exact ones that were used in the 2017 GT 350s or are there minor differences? Looks exactly the same to me, but curious.

LevittownFordParts

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
S550's!
I believe they did. My vaccum gauges don't show any hints at leaks. I honestly think the throttle body itself is the issue, but I'll have to buy a new one to see. I did clean it. No difference. They are slightly over $200 from what I see and would hate to throw that money away if it isnt, but at this point I'm going to have to work down the line. I tried to see if Ford Performance sells them at a discount since I already have the kit. No one got back to me. I dont think they pulled any spark plugs or fuel injectors out so I might do that too. 02 sensors were good to go as is the MAF. No exhaust leaks either.
I think you need to log the TB TPS to ensure its operating throughout the full sweep then go from there. I am sorry but I am not sure if the pro cal can do this or not, If it cant there are other ways using a universal OBDII dongle and free app.

- Benny

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I think you need to log the TB TPS to ensure its operating throughout the full sweep then go from there. I am sorry but I am not sure if the pro cal can do this or not, If it cant there are other ways using a universal OBDII dongle and free app.

- Benny
Benny, I sent you a pm.

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I have been struggling with whether to buy this or not, and the reason being is the Ford dealers keep telling me that unless I buy if from them directly, they won't do any warranty work on it. Basically if this causes an issue with the car, they are saying I would need to pay in full for all repairs and then submit a claim to where I purchased it from . FP seems to disagree with that when I contact them.

I was wondering if anyone had any issues with warranty repairs on this? If I buy it from Levittown and have it installed by private ASE shop-- Total expense is about $1400 ($1067 parts and $325 labor) . If I have the dealer do it, all in I am just over $2k ($1315 part and $450-600 labor+tax).

Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have been struggling with whether to buy this or not, and the reason being is the Ford dealers keep telling me that unless I buy if from them directly, they won't do any warranty work on it. Basically if this causes an issue with the car, they are saying I would need to pay in full for all repairs and then submit a claim to where I purchased it from . FP seems to disagree with that when I contact them.

I was wondering if anyone had any issues with warranty repairs on this? If I buy it from Levittown and have it installed by private ASE shop-- Total expense is about $1400 ($1067 parts and $325 labor) . If I have the dealer do it, all in I am just over $2k ($1315 part and $450-600 labor+tax).
Your dealership is 100% wrong. Ford Performance gives you a 3 year 36k warranty on the kit/parts and anything else is still covered under Ford's warranty. As long as you do have it installed by an ASE mechanic you're covered. If they refuse work at anytime I would put up a huge stink or simply go to another dealership. You can print out the install/waranty terms from Ford Performance and show them. Honestly they are already BS'ing you so I wouldn't even bother with them. I've taking my car in for warranty work and havent had any issues because I have the calibration on it. Your dealership is simply trying to get you to buy it from them for profit.

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Mr. Green, or is it Mr. ForGreen? I appreciate the reply-- it is helping to tip me in to the 'go for it' side of the scale.

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Well, since I don't trust dealers or other shops. I had several emails with ford performance. I went and renewed 2 expired ase certifications and installed it myself. Ford performance wouldn't accept my expired ase master status(i'm retired) so I renewed 2 and installed it and registered with ford performance. As @NeedForGreen stated. Your dealer is lying!

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Thanks, SuperSpirit. I am in the process of ordering it...still having a hard time finding anyone with an ASE certification in the Saint Louis area to install it. A few speed shops will, but no certification. If anyone has any recommendations on a place here, it would be much appreciated!

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Thanks, SuperSpirit. I am in the process of ordering it...still having a hard time finding anyone with an ASE certification in the Saint Louis area to install it. A few speed shops will, but no certification. If anyone has any recommendations on a place here, it would be much appreciated!
Check Solo Performance ran by Dave Whitworth - fellow autocrosser, overall great person. Pretty sure he's ASE certified.

https://www.soloperformance.com/

Sponsored

Jtscoins

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
1992 Mustang summer edition
Anymore codes for free shipping or a discount on this package from Levittown Ford?