18+ GT Performance Tune Pac

asc709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP
Still giving out group codes? I want this!
Sponsored

wa9njm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6MT PP1, 2018 Kawasaki z900rs
If codes are still available I'd like one too. Thanks.

Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Does anyone know what air/fuel ratio this tune should be running at? I think I may have an issue with the throttle body sensor or something else like an O2 sensor. Cars not tossing any codes. I usually see 14:1 at idle and 12:5 ish on wot. Now I'm seeing nothing change on wot. Doesn't drop. But then I'll see it go to 13:9 and as high as 15:1 when cruising. That definitely concerns me.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Does anyone know what air/fuel ratio this tune should be running at? I think I may have an issue with the throttle body sensor or something else like an O2 sensor. Cars not tossing any codes. I usually see 14:1 at idle and 12:5 ish on wot. Now I'm seeing nothing change on wot. Doesn't drop. But then I'll see it go to 13:9 and as high as 15:1 when cruising. That definitely concerns me.
Fueling is not changed with the tune over stock, they both run the same exact lambda. The formula is stoich (14.08) * lambda, so at full throttle you should be in the mid to high 11s AFR.

Have you logged it throughout a WOT run to see that it doesn't go into power enrich? It takes a bit of time to get into it, it's not instant and it's only at full throttle eg. 90%. If you're not quite at full throttle, it won't go into power enrich and you'll see near stoich values.

Also during cruise it will fluctuate more, 15.1 is nothing to be concerned about. But if you're WOT at high rpm and it doesn't get into the 12s or less then you have some issues. Although at that point you would throw lean codes and/or other sensor codes like MAF or WB etc.

1642389254836.png

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Fueling is not changed with the tune over stock, they both run the same exact lambda. The formula is stoich (14.08) * lambda, so at full throttle you should be in the mid to high 11s AFR.

Have you logged it throughout a WOT run to see that it doesn't go into power enrich? It takes a bit of time to get into it, it's not instant and it's only at full throttle eg. 90%. If you're not quite at full throttle, it won't go into power enrich and you'll see near stoich values.

Also during cruise it will fluctuate more, 15.1 is nothing to be concerned about. But if you're WOT at high rpm and it doesn't get into the 12s or less then you have some issues. Although at that point you would throw lean codes and/or other sensor codes like MAF or WB etc.

1642389254836.png
Good information. I'll have to run some more tests tomorrow. How do I log it with the procal4? I haven't touched it much since install. I figure if its not throwing codes I guess I shouldn't worry much. Just odd seeing different number than I usually do.

Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
There's an option to log in the menu, I don't use it much since I have HPTuners but I did see it in there.

You can also just watch the gauge in the dash.
Went out today and lowest it goes is 13:1 on wot. Before I saw like 12's, but not high 11's ever. I noticed sometimes when letting off the gas instead of going up to 20 it drops to low 12's. I'm taking it in Friday for an oil change. I'll let them know about everything. I'm noticing some power loss.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I noticed sometimes when letting off the gas instead of going up to 20 it drops to low 12's.
That's completely normal, it goes into fuel shutoff mode when you coast, then as it comes back on it tends to go rich before settling back at stoich.

The 13.1 is an issue, make sure your throttle opens all the way. It could be getting stuck and you think you're WOT but the bad throttle could not be opening all the way. And check your O2 sensors.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That's completely normal, it goes into fuel shutoff mode when you coast, then as it comes back on it tends to go rich before settling back at stoich.

The 13.1 is an issue, make sure your throttle opens all the way. It could be getting stuck and you think you're WOT but the bad throttle could not be opening all the way. And check your O2 sensors.
I've honestly never seen it do that before. Its always shot up to 20 when letting off the gas then back to normal. Never dropped when letting off the gas. I have been questioning the throttle body itself. I noticed after starting the car the other day the rpms stayed instead of dropping some until I tapped the gas. I'll see if I can get anywhere Friday. Highly doubt it, but worth a shot.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just a quick update. Had my car looked at today. They ran diagnostics and checked some stuff over 2 and a half hours. Found nothing. So basically run the car until a code pops up or worse. They did document everything single thing I mentioned.