15 auto trade for manual?

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I went manual to auto after 3 months. I sometimes miss driving a manual, but not that one. My only regret after switching is not going with the auto from the start. The huge hit on the trade could have paid for a lot of mods.
Sponsored

OP
OP

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Wait what? The WRX is super easy to drive. It almost takes no effort to get it going.
The manual Mustang clutch is heavier even with factory assist spring.
Good to know. Yeah the wrx is easy to drive agreed. It didint have enough leg room for me and made it uncomfortable. (tall people issues maybe)
I did test drive a manual GT. My size 14 shoes were moving all over trying to find comfort down there. I guess thats my biggest gripe. That and im long leg freak so its a little more crammed then the normal person. But dammit, i love that manual.

Suprised to see how many traded a manual for an auto. Maybe i shut it keep the auto until 2020 and pick up one of the last v8 GT's manual?

AEengnr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Nothing is more satisfying than nailing a Heel/Toe to rev-match down shift before a corner.
Yeah... your pedals may give you the same effect, but I wouldn't say it's as rewarding.
Forza? :lol: I sometimes play as well... but driving in the real world is not video games.
Well yeah, of course driving in video games is not the same as real life but the paddles make it feel more video game like.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Why would anyone drive a droney auto when you can enjoy a manual? Even with Porsche who make some of the best flappy paddels, people could not get enough of the stick only GT4 and Porsche R.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Why would anyone drive a droney auto when you can enjoy a manual? Even with Porsche who make some of the best flappy paddels, people could not get enough of the stick only GT4 and Porsche R.
You're comparing some of the most celebrated manual transmissions to the MT-82.

Sponsored

AEengnr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Right around 80% of all mustangs sold are auto, even GT’s, so there are plenty of people who want to drive an automatic.

Mike Clark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XF SportBrake, Jeep Renegade, GT 'vert
[MENTION=30961]codemanstang[/MENTION] FYI I've got size 17 shoes (and am 6'6" tall) and don't have any bother in my Manual GT. Infact I don't even have any bother if I have my size 17.5 safety boots on. Being in the UK mine is a right hand drive, so don't know if they've fiddled with the pedal location in any way.

OP
OP

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
not sure what you mean by droney. The auto is actually pretty good. And using the pedal shifts it wont just shift for you so thats cool. Its the clutch feel, and gear shifting feel i miss. Then agian, i might hate it once i get it lmfao

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Enjoy the manual shifting to much. Have an auto for the family and the Mustang is my personal toy and main daily. Tried a few autos and just can't get over the feeling of control, and excitement a manual provides.

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
If you really like driving a manual trans then traffic should not bother you, as it's just second nature to do it anyway.
Manual trans are just not for everybody and the numbers show it, but for the few who still really want to drive a stick, at least Ford still offers it for the time being.
For the drivers on the fence if you think depressing the clutch is a big deal...then maybe try a Steeda Clutch Assist 35 lb/in spring....that should almost feel like your typical Honda gas pedal...

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-clutch-spring-assist-35-lb-in-15-16-all-555-7022.html

Sponsored

AEengnr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
not sure what you mean by droney. The auto is actually pretty good. And using the pedal shifts it wont just shift for you so thats cool. Its the clutch feel, and gear shifting feel i miss. Then agian, i might hate it once i get it lmfao
Agreed. I’ve alternated manual and auto my last 4 cars because I get sick of each one after a while.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Before this turns into the usual thread. If your missing a manual. You should have enough equity in a 15 to do ok on a trade. I say go for it.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Before this turns into the usual thread. If your missing a manual. You should have enough equity in a 15 to do ok on a trade. I say go for it.
The issue is he's in California (if that's Orange County as his location) which means he's going to have the wonderful experience of paying taxes on the full price of the new car, regardless of the trade-in.

OP
OP

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
The issue is he's in California (if that's Orange County as his location) which means he's going to have the wonderful experience of paying taxes on the full price of the new car, regardless of the trade-in.
Yup. If you want.make this worse. I bought 3 cars in the last two years and sold two in Craigslist because I didn't like them. In all respect one was a economy car
Sponsored