Sponsored

(12/14 UPDATE!!) Is it totaled??

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
"Drifted over" is an understatement for sure... geez...

Definitely a total, that's extensive frame damage to the K-member for sure, plus it was sitting still when impacts so expect frame damages too since Mustangs are unibody. That's not even counting anything that can't be seen under the hood...and who knows where else.

if possible, take anything off the car that is aftermarket added because unless it's documented in your policy as getting reimbursed for such parts or they were added on a rider to the policy - you won't get that $$$ for those parts.
Sponsored

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2020 Mustang EcoBoost
My son had an accident in his 2020 Mustang back in July. It took over two months to get it back. In his case the damage was on the passenger side, but it was similar to yours, though not as extensive. I believe total damages came to about $13K. I think yours is substantially higher and therefore totalled.

OP
OP
tps7c

tps7c

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Well gentlemen, the plot thickens. The driver's insurance company just called me and said it looks like his policy was cancelled. And, for some reason I don't have uninsured motorist coverage on my policy. So apparently I'll have to use my own collision coverage!! I'm guessing I'll have to file a lawsuit against him in order to get reimbursed for the rental car and if I don't get a fair value for my car??

ColdShotxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT A10 300A Base
Well gentlemen, the plot thickens. The driver's insurance company just called me and said it looks like his policy was cancelled. And, for some reason I don't have uninsured motorist coverage on my policy. So apparently I'll have to use my own collision coverage!! I'm guessing I'll have to file a lawsuit against him in order to get reimbursed for the rental car and if I don't get a fair value for my car??
Your insurance should be going after them for you. Any good and reasonable insurance company should proactively taking the lead on this.

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
That stinks. I would think your insurance policy has rental car reimbursement, but you may need to check with your carrier. And good luck getting a rental car.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
What a mess.

But if you're saying your own collision coverage will be paying for the car, there shouldn't be a need to sue the other driver for fair value for your car. Make your carrier pay the fair value same as you would if the accident was your fault. Other stuff like a rental car, etc. good luck getting it from the other driver. Hope his insurance wasn't canceled because he didn't even have enough money to pay the premium.

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Sorry man, this makes me sick for you. The amount of deadbeats we currently have in society has been multiplying at a scary rate the last 10 years.

Texting while driving, no insurance, etc. I'm SHOCKED the azzhole told you he was texting. Must be dumb as rocks, which makes sense given his behavior.

People who stare at their phones while driving are the most dangerous, ignorant demographic we have in society these days, and that's saying A LOT.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I just talked to a Dealership yesterday. They said their parts department is setting record sales. They said cars which were normally totaled two years ago are now being repaired due to the high cost of used vehicles and low availability of New cars. Wozzer. Good Luck

OP
OP
tps7c

tps7c

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
UPDATE: So my insurance company said the car is totaled out. I went to the coverage summary for the accident and it shows the following:

Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 1.05.07 PM.png

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
They should go after the guys for the 2k deductable. You should not have to pay it. If you do they will reimbuse

Sponsored
OP
OP
tps7c

tps7c

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
UPDATE: So I'm a bit confused. I haven't got a hold of my agent yet, but the claim status WAS showing: total loss. When I checked today, now there's a repair estimate in there for about 7 grand. Do you think now that they found out the other drive isn't insured they are trying to repair it?? Plus they didn't include a bunch of items like the windshield, wheels that were damaged, they included some bullshit tire that isn't even the right size, etc. Here is a link to the estimate pdf on my onedrive if anyone wants to see it:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!At6NiUCGCVgBaE4lJ5gZvrnmZs8?e=Rnob3i

Thanks!!

AMC401V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 2000 Excursion - 1987 Swift DB2
That estimate doesn't fix all of the damage. Further, the use of aftermarket and refurbished parts makes up the majority of the items needed when looking at the document.

This could get ugly. Call your agent asap.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Aftermarket hood/grille and a junk yard wheel? WUT?

Nah, don't agree to anything!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
They should go after the guys for the 2k deductable. You should not have to pay it. If you do they will reimbuse
^^THIS!!!!
Do not pay that deductible. tell your insurance company that you want them to pay. He hit your PARKED CAR. That's bullshit. His fault and let them know that he was sited.

Good luck going forward OP.
I hope they total your car out. Looks pretty bad. Keep us posted.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Sad to say, most regular insurers are only paying for used or LKQ parts to repair used cars.. even 2018 Mustangs. It’s in the policy. Used car, used parts. If you want OEM new, it needs to be spelled out in the policy or you pay extra.
Sponsored