10.2" Horizontal display Android 4.4.2 touch screen radio

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
So I bit the bullet last week on this 10.2 horizontal display android based touch screen from Seicane to replace my base radio and display. There're other China based companies selling this unit but Seicane had the best reviews and website is very informative. I was also interested in the Tesla style large vertical screen (another android based system) but didn't care for the way the system looked with the AC buttons on the top side and the plastic bezel didn't look right to me. The 10.2" horizontal display has a much better look in the car and the bezel seems to be brushed aluminum anodized black upper with plastic lower for the buttons housing the stock HVAC controls. I'm currently waiting for this unit to arrive, I just got a tracking number today from Seicane shipped via DHL Express shipping should arrive in 3 to 5 days. I'll be adding the instal at that point so let's look for Saturday possibly for an update.

This touchscreen radio cd/DVD player retains all stock voice command and steering wheel controls. It also has its own GPS system and connects to the internet via smart phones via blue tooth and direct plug in for andriod phones. You can watch movies surf the internet plug in a 32G data stich via 3 UPS connections to store music and more. For a complete list of options and specifications see the Seicane link below.

My unboxing video added.

Bare with my guys, I've never done a DIY video and I'm not great with video acting or editing. As I did the instal of the HVAC control board to the Seicane unit I had to put camera down for each segment somthere are 8 clips here list instal 1-8. The entire process went quick even with a mistake, so maybe 20 minutes total if that.

Instal videos

Part 1 volume and tuner knob removal explained.

Part 2 HVAC circuit board instal explained.

Part 3 12 volt power supply input explained.

Part 4 12 volt power supply input explained.

Part 5 DVD slot explained.

Part 6 mounting OEM HVAC board missing screw

Part 7 HVAC board installed and ready for instal in car

Part 8 wirring harness and connectors explained.

Part 9 touch screen film removal

Part 10 instal into car.

Part 11 sync and radio CD player unit installed

Part 12 backup camera connection and corrections

Link to Seicane website
http://www.seicane.com/10-2-inch-an...headrest-monitor-control-usb-sd-video-s085693

Here is a YouTube video of one person who has installed this unit last year, its the same unit but sold by a different China company.

a0f34d4d35fdb2075198d0e39f86e2ac_zpsoul97ule.jpg

6a11538db833b75971cb09ba3b0b0a1f_zpsyhwyxdit.jpg

017aea91268e4dd1f2661f77e28b9d13_zpsrb9ixecx.jpg

ec74aff8cd5be475611a4e97b9d4c258_zps9gtrdjk1.jpg

Firstly I would like to say Seicane has been very professional and responsive to the order and all my questions so far. The order was made online using paypal and I immediately got a email with an order number. Since then the processing took some extra time because the unit and there website underwent upgrades. The android now has the new 6.0 Marshmallow OS. Their website was updated with new information on the unit with new better pictures and specifications updated. There still is no install directions for this unit on our cars, but it seems to be relatively straight forward.

So far I've taken the base stereo and screen out, and I wont go over that in depth because there're many how to videos on that already. I will go over the install of the unit, showing how to modify the base units control board to work with the new radio display, and how to plug it in and install the OE board to it. It comes with specific harness and plugs made to connect to our cars so it should be plug and play as far as that goes. The hardest part will be modifying the control board that houses the control for the HVAC and the radio. This unit replaces the radio controls however retains the stock HVAC control as well as the lower buttons for drive modes. The radio volume and tuner knob must be removed from the board to make it fit to the new unit. Yes this Android system controls the radio from the touch screen, steering wheel control and SYNC voice commands remain in tact and will work.

After the base front control panel is removed and radio and CD player is removed you need to take apart the front control panel by unscrewing the back plastic cover to expose the circuit board and button controls.

Here is the base radio before removal, and by the way Seicane asks for you to send them a picture of your head unit so they can very fitment.
6a84d5a7c8473703bda1ab79a17bdfe7_zpsplk97bzs.jpg

Front panel removed.
54832ac5382399c492511d6fc4e82ddb_zps9eqaasn9.jpg

All the base stereo CD player removed.
ba368bc2bd55a0b5330e7c01c84fba70_zpslcpectwy.jpg

Front control panel, need to remove all the torque screws from this back cover to expose the circuit board.
f66aa45e12ddcc87414d695b2006103d_zpsuzms4ztk.jpg

The control board just lifts out of the case with circuit board and control buttons.
76482a46afddbaca9acfb8584f0501dd_zpsyjlmzpr7.jpg

Here is the other side of the control board with with the plug input that the new unit will plug into.
e94fa3f851cc47fa25cf66a697d1c4a4_zps9s3yfnyw.jpg

Now comes the removal of the volume and tuner knobs from the board. Seicane says to desolder them however I could get the solder to come loose so I clipped the contacts.
f64d59bc7d906887d6627ca2a79f3db2_zpsrjotefx8.jpg

Here is the board with the knobs now removed, this will allow the board to fit in with the new unit. Since the upper part of the board fits hehind the 10.2" display this know need to come off. Again the radio will now be controlled from the new display touchscreen
d7ed6c0734f5eff298aa7b6736b01513_zpsj3914okv.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
More information is that the radio head unit is slightly better than the stock base stereo in that it has more volume, this is reported by the person who did the YouTube video which is linked above.

I'll won't be able to confirm this as I'm upgrading my entire sound system with pioneer products. I added a 4 channel 100 watt RMS per channel amp to power new 6x9 rear speakers mounted in the rear deck. I had enlarge the opening for the 6x9 coaxals because the stock speakers are 6.5 inch round. I used metal shears to cut out the opening and an adapter to mount the 6x9's. The door speakers added are 6.5" coaxial speakers and I'm adding new tweeters as well. This new system will offer much better clarity with the new speakers and amp as well as using the pre amp outputs from the new Touchscreens systems radio. Yes it has pre amp outputs for front left right and rear left right as well as subwoofer outputs. Signal to noise ratio is always much improved when using the preamp outputs to an amp so this unit should really rock especially since I'm adding 2 10" RockFord Fosgate powered subs in the trunk.

Another benefit to this touch screen radio upgrade is that you no longer have to deal with the factory DSP system which makes adding amps a problem. The factory DSP (digital sound processor) modifys the signal going to the speakers and when trying to add an amp you have to connect via the speaker outputs to an amp and that signal does not work well with aftermarket amps.

Last edited:

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Awesome writeup!! Looking forward to seeing installed pics. A couple of questions if you don't mind:

1. Is there and animated mustang logo when starting the car?
2. Does the screen auto dim when the car switches to night mode?
3. Does the screen dim correctly when you press the buttons next to the auto headlight knob?
4. Is the screen bright enough during the day? I have the Sintegrate unit and it's not nearly bright enough to see clearly on a sunny day.
5. Is the screen an IPS display or does it look like a TN panel?
6. The unit comes with its own CD player and amp. Does it sound better than the stock amp with stock speakers?

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
please tell me that Seican.com is not written on the actual product.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Awesome writeup!! Looking forward to seeing installed pics. A couple of questions if you don't mind:

3. Does the screen dim correctly when you press the buttons next to the auto headlight knob?
4. Is the screen bright enough during the day? I have the Sintegrate unit and it's not nearly bright enough to see clearly on a sunny day.
6. The unit comes with its own CD player and amp. Does it sound better than the stock amp with stock speakers?

yes 34 different pre stored car logos and you can add your own.
Trying to get an answer on this?
Trying to find this out as well?
?? I'll ask the guy who has one.
Not sure what that is:shrug:
Yes its reported to be loader than the stock base unit.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
please tell me that Seican.com is not written on the actual product.
No there is no Seicane logo on it, that is for web advertising purposes.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
anxious to see what it looks like!

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Thanks guys and no one can be more excited than me. I have a DHL tracking number but it looks like it hasn't been picked up by DHL yet as their is no information yet. I hope I get it by Friday.

mlevans1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
following for your review of the system! im torn between this one or the Telsa style one. Leaning more towards this one since you keep stock HVAC controls. Cant wait to see it in and in action.

Sponsored

cthomp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Thanks for the write-up. Been trying to decide between this one, the Moddiction/Sintegrate unit, or the TomTop/KKMoon. The pics are a big help.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
following for your review of the system! im torn between this one or the Telsa style one. Leaning more towards this one since you keep stock HVAC controls. Cant wait to see it in and in action.
That was one of my issues with the Tesla style display is it needed to boot up to control the HVAC if I understood correctly, and I like the look better with the control knobs where there are.
Thanks for the write-up. Been trying to decide between this one, the Moddiction/Sintegrate unit, or the TomTop/KKMoon. The pics are a big help.
Your Welcome stay tuned for the unboxing and instal. I'll be doing an instal video as well.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Ya I will most likely go this route. After seeing enough pictures i'm just not sold on a vertical display. I prefer apps and my phone to be in horizontal as much possible and it's the same with my headunits. Also visually it's easier to see all your information displayed on a horizontal display. Vertical requires you to move your eyes further away and it's too close to the shifter for my comfort. I brutally slam my gears and I don't want to accidently punch through my screen. Ya, that was I lie but still. I also liked the idea of having physical buttons for my controls.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
The vertical Tesla display is nice, however it leave to much room on the sides on the upper half of the console. The horizontal display to me fits better in the wide spot of the upper console leave narrower sides and better fitment to me.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Ok so I don't have this unit yet, but here is the response to the question you asked on auto dim feature from the guy who made a YouTube review on this product.

"Shawn Foster Good question.
It has an ambient light sensor, but it doesn't work well enough for me. I set a tasker profile to 60% brightness at sundown and 100% brightness at sunrise.

If you don't know what tasker is, you should really check it out. It's for android devices"
Sponsored