10.2" Horizontal display Android 4.4.2 touch screen radio

Discussion in 'Infotainment and Electronics (Nav, Audio, Video, Bluetooth)' started by Roh92cp, Feb 14, 2017.

1. essque

essque Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    Nice install so far and good luck with the android head unit. I just heard about the Hertz H8 dsp yesterday and I think I'm going to rock with that and the factory radio for now but when one of these companies finally nails a proper alternative, I'm all in.

Roh92cp likes this.
  2. Eleanor15

Eleanor15 Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 mustang gt
    0   0   0
    Just seen this online and was thinking about buying it the dvr cam and tv digital antenna lol but I'm going to wait till your review

3. OP
    OP
    Roh92cp

Roh92cp Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Shawn
    Vehicle(s):
    OW GTPP Whipple
    Rating:
    100%
    4   0   0
    Yeah it has some nice feature that can be added on, your smart to wait until I get the instal instruction and DIY done.

4. Fray_s550

Fray_s550 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Ford Mustang S550 V6
    0   0   0
    I'm following this thread. I, too, am more interested in this than the tesla unit. It looks cleaner and I like having buttons :/

5. OP
    OP
    Roh92cp

First Name:
    Shawn
    Vehicle(s):
    OW GTPP Whipple
    Rating:
    100%
    4   0   0
    Fingers crossed it should be delivered today.:thumbsup:

6. jpr1957

jpr1957 Active Member

First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 V6 Auto
    0   0   0
    I ordered the Seicane unit on the 8th and it shipped on the 18th from Hong Kong. I think it was the 17th in the US. The tracking shows it going back a day when it arrived in L.A.

It was delivered to me in the Seattle area on the 20th. I immediately opened it and took pictures.

The outside box was in good shape. The unit is in a second box inside.

After I removed a letter and warranty card you can see the dash panel with the screen inside a plastic bag. I didn't notice the holes in the plastic bag until I removed it from the foam.

After removing the dash panel and head unit you can see the wiring harnesses, soldering iron and other components.

I removed one of the foam pieces to get to the dash panel and head unit.

When I started to take the dash panel out of the plastic bag that is when I noticed some damage to the plastic bag.

A close up of the screen shows some marks on the what feels like a glass screen. I sprayed some Windex on it in case it was dirt or something but that didn't remove them. They don't feel deep like scratches. They might polish out. I'm planning on covering the screen with a matte finish screen protector to cut the glare. It might not be that noticeable once it is in the car. I will send these pictures to Seicane. We have 30 days to return a defective product.

I laid out all the components that came in the box. I think the black sheet on the left is to cover the Ford factory printed circuit board for the 4.2-in. screen.

The last picture is the back of the dash panel.

I haven't had time to do anything more with this. I'm almost done installing the Raxiom factory fog light kit on my 2017 V6 Mustang. I need to finish that before moving on to the Seicane unit.

I'm looking forward to seeing how your's arrived. Hopefully there won't be any damage to the screen. I'll let everyone know what I do next.

Jeff IMG_2770b.jpg IMG_2772b.jpg IMG_2774b.jpg IMG_2775b.jpg IMG_2777b.jpg IMG_2779b.jpg IMG_2780b.jpg IMG_2783b.jpg IMG_2785b.jpg IMG_2786b.jpg

2morrow likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Roh92cp

First Name:
    Shawn
    Vehicle(s):
    OW GTPP Whipple
    Rating:
    100%
    4   0   0
    Thanks for sharing your unboxing, and sorry to hear about the damage. Is it possible there is a peel away cover over the screen? Also sis you notice any directions on how to assemble the factory control board to the unit?

jpr1957 likes this.
  8. jpr1957

jpr1957 Active Member

First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 V6 Auto
    0   0   0
    I was in a hurry when I opened the box. It might be possible that there is a very thin protective covering which I didn't notice. I'll take a look when I have time.

What you see in the pictures is all that I received. The "letter" that was on top when I opened the box said to go to their web site for installation instructions. What I found wasn't much. I couldn't find anything specific for our 2015-17 Mustangs. I'm expecting to figure it out as I go along.

There is a small bag of screws that I think are for attaching the HVAC controls to the back of the dash panel (or bezel). I plan on taking detailed pictures of this.

In the picture of the backside of panel you can see brass hex shaped threaded stand offs that I'm now thinking the factory circuit board will mount on. Hopefully there are screws for that as well.

I really need to get the fog light installation done. The car is on a Kwik Lift and needs to be back on the ground for the infotainment installation to begin. IMG_2762b.jpg

Roh92cp likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    Roh92cp

First Name:
    Shawn
    Vehicle(s):
    OW GTPP Whipple
    Rating:
    100%
    4   0   0
    It arrived and box was wet on th bottom and a little beat up but it's double boxed. I added my raw uncut unboxing video in the first thread and here it is again. Excuse me for the lack of control and video as it's un cut for your immediate pleasure. I am more than impressed with this unit the upper face bezel is mechined alum anodized black a very nice touch.

10. Eleanor15

Eleanor15 Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 mustang gt
    0   0   0
    Hurry up and get it hooked up! Lol

11. Fray_s550

Vehicle(s):
    Ford Mustang S550 V6
    0   0   0

Dang! I was kinda worried that I wont be black. Because if you look at the pictures, it seems as if its painted aluminum grey or some shit lol! I'm so glad!

12. jpr1957

jpr1957 Active Member

First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 V6 Auto
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the video! The bag your dash panel came in looks to be in perfect condition whereas mine was a little roughed up.

One concern I had were brackets to mount the new radio/CD/DVD head unit. There are none included in the bag of stuff. It looks like the brackets on the factory unit might transfer to the new one. We'll find out tomorrow!

13. OP
    OP
    Roh92cp

First Name:
    Shawn
    Vehicle(s):
    OW GTPP Whipple
    Rating:
    100%
    4   0   0
    #33 Roh92cp, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    Bare with my guys, I've never done a DIY video and I'm not great with video acting or editing. As I did the instal of the HVAC control board to the Seicane unit I had to put camera down for each segment somthere are 8 clips here list instal 1-8. The entire process went quick even with a mistake, so maybe 20 minutes total if that.

Part 1 volume and tuner knob removal explained.

Part 2 HVAC circuit board instal explained.

Part 3 12 volt power supply input explained.

Part 4 12 volt power supply input explained.

Part 5 DVD slot explained.

Part 6 mounting OEM HVAC board missing screw

Part 7 HVAC board installed and ready for instal in car

Part 8 wirring harness and connectors explained.

Part 9 screen protector removal.

Part 10 instal into car.

Part 11 sync and radio CD player unit installed

Part 12 backup camera connection and corrections

wireeater and Fray_s550 like this.
  14. Fray_s550

Vehicle(s):
    Ford Mustang S550 V6
    0   0   0
    we really appreciate you trying your best! Cant wait to see it installed and getting your reactions about its functionality and all!

15. OP
    OP
    Roh92cp

First Name:
    Shawn
    Vehicle(s):
    OW GTPP Whipple
    Rating:
    100%
    4   0   0
    Ive got a couple more videos I'll be adding tonight.

16. OP
    OP
    Roh92cp

First Name:
    Shawn
    Vehicle(s):
    OW GTPP Whipple
    Rating:
    100%
    4   0   0
    One of my videos shows that the screen has a protective film that peals off. I was afraid it was a permanent screan cover or film because of how perfectly it sat on the screen. Also yes the radio hangers are swapped over from the base radio to the new unit:thumbsup:

jpr1957 likes this.
  17. jpr1957

jpr1957 Active Member

First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 V6 Auto
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the information! It looks like the protective covering did it's job on my screen. The scuffing is light. I'm sure my screen is ok. I will leave the covering on until I install it in the car. I'm still considering trying a matte screen saver to cut the glare.

The brackets look good on the new radio. Apparently it is made specifically for the Mustang. I thought that maybe it was a generic case. The location of it in the dash is critical for the CD/DVD slot to align with the dash panel. I'm looking forward to seeing that.

I've been watching all your videos. I have downloaded them so I can watch them anywhere. Thanks for making them available.

18. wireeater

wireeater Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Rich
    Vehicle(s):
    Kona Blue 2018 Mustang GT Premium, 10R80, PP
    0   0   0
    I'd probably hold off on removing any protectors until the unit is installed to avoid any possible scraping or scuffs. Thanks for documenting this. Still holding out with the dash kits that came out and this and the tesla style.

19. Eleanor15

Eleanor15 Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 mustang gt
    0   0   0
    Any progress?

20. OP
    OP
    Roh92cp

First Name:
    Shawn
    Vehicle(s):
    OW GTPP Whipple
    Rating:
    100%
    4   0   0
    I'm adding more video now, but the unit is in and all works except the backup camera and the subs. It's unfortunate I'll have to take it all back out as I missed something with the backup camera connection. This unit does support backup camera for sure. As for the subs not working I don't know yet why becuase I can the powered subs power lights are in but no sound so I'm thinking no signal. Could be either a bad RCA cable, or I connected to the wrong output, but I don't think is the wrong output I remember reading Sub out when I connected the subs RCA. Anyway it's coming out tomorrow. Look above as I'm editing the first post and adding more videos. New ones start at part 10.