Sponsored

10.2" Horizontal display Android 4.4.2 touch screen radio

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I just ordered the latest Android 10.0 head unit for my 2015. Going to take over a month to arrive from China. Hope the stereo shops are open by then.
seiaisdjfia.JPG
span-2015-ford-mustang-gps-navigation-car-stereo-with-android-hd-touch-screen-span-1.jpg
span-2015-ford-mustang-gps-navigation-car-stereo-with-android-hd-touch-screen-span-2.jpg
span-2015-ford-mustang-gps-navigation-car-stereo-with-android-hd-touch-screen-span-3.jpg
span-2015-ford-mustang-gps-navigation-car-stereo-with-android-hd-touch-screen-span-4.jpg
span-2015-ford-mustang-gps-navigation-car-stereo-with-android-hd-touch-screen-span-5.jpg
span-2015-ford-mustang-gps-navigation-car-stereo-with-android-hd-touch-screen-span-6.jpg
span-2015-ford-mustang-gps-navigation-car-stereo-with-android-hd-touch-screen-span-7.jpg
span-2015-ford-mustang-gps-navigation-car-stereo-with-android-hd-touch-screen-span-8.jpg

The most important thing for me was to retain as much of the factory controls as possible, because I hate having all my controls in one giant Tesla style screen and this was the best match I could find.
https://www.seicane.com/hd-touchscr...bluetooth-wifi-support-carplay-tpms-dab-h6491
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Which one is that?

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Im regretting this already after learning I have to remove the dash, center armrest and gear selector bezel before I can even remove the radio, but I did notice a lot of decent quality radio removal videos from China lol

karbate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Im regretting this already after learning I have to remove the dash, center armrest and gear selector bezel before I can even remove the radio, but I did notice a lot of decent quality radio removal videos from China lol

It actually isn't as hard or take as long as it sounds. All you really need is like an 8mm socket and a trim remover. Just be careful with those cursed tabs on the a/c trim piece falling out or breaking haha

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was about to say they finally did the better option of keeping the controls and at a better price point.

Randy do you still have your unit installed? Do you like it?

Really am struggling what I am going to do. The Sync 3 conversion is just so damn expensive. I would rather earmark some of that money towards other things like leather seating from leatherseats.com or katzkins.

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I still have it and it works just as good as ever. It's not perfect but the way I have things set up nothing about it bothers me. I'd rather have a better option. Something that can run a real head unit with a larger screen and maintain factory look. Not a fan of the way the conversion pieces look and function.

Randy do you still have your unit installed? Do you like it?

Really am struggling what I am going to do. The Sync 3 conversion is just so damn expensive. I would rather earmark some of that money towards other things like leather seating from leatherseats.com or katzkins.

Sponsored

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
?? With the 10.2 it just works. No extra parts needed.

Question, has anyone found a backup camera retention harness to keep our factory backup camera with aftermarket radios?
I'm looking all over and I can't find any.

bitterXend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Coupé, US model
That's by far the most interesting screen I came across so far as it keeps the original interior. Would you mind to keep us posted when it arrives?

From what I got there's not much that needs to be done to install it (no soldering I guess) but Seicane said under that product that the original rear view camera won't work. I wonder why. So far I'm really tempted to get that or a real Sync 3.4.

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
That's by far the most interesting screen I came across so far as it keeps the original interior. Would you mind to keep us posted when it arrives?

From what I got there's not much that needs to be done to install it (no soldering I guess) but Seicane said under that product that the original rear view camera won't work. I wonder why. So far I'm really tempted to get that or a real Sync 3.4.
I will definitely make a thread. I've watched other videos of people hard-wiring the factory rear view camera to aftermarket android units by splicing. Looks simple enough, but I think I'm just going to take it to a shop and have them fix my rear view camera wiring as well (it's cut from the stupid plastic shroud)

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros

Godamit I thought the same thing when I saw this screen, prayer has been answered; nice stock size screen, factory knobs but wait it's only for existing 8 inch screens and backup camera doesn't work? Can they do anything right, jesus not asking for a lot here.