0-60 times

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
The Golf R will be built in Germany because of its AWD system. I guess the Mexico plant is not equipped to build the AWD.

From R&T:
That is a good sign[emoji2]. The one my dad had was just a fwd but built in Germany
Sponsored

langweiler

Threads
Reaction score
Ouch... that sucks... but you will see a trend with ones built in Germany as with most all audi are. VW is a different story.... my dad spent days searching dealer to dealer.... and most all tried to sell him a golf TDI built in Mexico... he finally found one and bought it.... was a great car till my brother ran into something and busted the oil pan...never a problem ttyl then... my audi is great with over 100k miles on it... I'd get another TT but a 2016 one a TTS but a base price of just under 49k is too much... I paid 38 k for mine back in 2001
itĀ“s off topic here but in short form my opinion as a german VW/AUDI/BMW buyer for near 30 years i can say itĀ“s a bit a myth about our high quality.
long story short: i switched after all those years with our german brands to a small KIA ceed (7 years warranty!) and it runs now since near 100000mls without ANY defect or malfunction (only brakes, a lamp, and whipers or something normal wearing parts), in that time all my german cars had something broken or electronic problems. IĀ“m so happy with that KIA, ok itĀ“s no turbo like all VWĀ“s but thatĀ“s exactly what i want, a ruggy smooth running NA engine and maintenance is easy, every mechanic can do it. A TFSI engine with supercharger+Turbo+DSG ? lol good luck by spending money for nothing.

back to 0-60 time. in germany not only 0-60 times are relevant, the elasticity for fast accelerations without shifting on autobahn is a factor too. therefore i like the V8 and itĀ“s torque as many germans like the Diesels with their torque.
But i fear the new Camaro will be faster...significant. ok weĀ“ll see.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
itĀ“s off topic here but in short form my opinion as a german VW/AUDI/BMW buyer for near 30 years i can say itĀ“s a bit a myth about our high quality.
long story short: i switched after all those years with our german brands to a small KIA ceed (7 years warranty!) and it runs now since near 100000mls without ANY defect or malfunction (only brakes, a lamp, and whipers or something normal wearing parts), in that time all my german cars had something broken or electronic problems. IĀ“m so happy with that KIA, ok itĀ“s no turbo like all VWĀ“s but thatĀ“s exactly what i want, a ruggy smooth running NA engine and maintenance is easy, every mechanic can do it. A TFSI engine with supercharger+Turbo+DSG ? lol good luck by spending money for nothing.

back to 0-60 time. in germany not only 0-60 times are relevant, the elasticity for fast accelerations without shifting on autobahn is a factor too. therefore i like the V8 and itĀ“s torque as many germans like the Diesels with their torque.
But i fear the new Camaro will be faster...significant. ok weĀ“ll see.
Lol, yeah... that's why I am switching to the mustang pretty sure it is going to be planted with acceleration plus a better aftermarket support if I do any at all.... only had a couple electronics problems gas gauge..ongoing....and adoor lock fixed but now the info center is in blitz after a jumpstart mishap... reverse polarity when my dad tried to jump it along with radio being knocked out...other than that it is great... still runs and passes inspection..... mustang is gonna be hell lot better and am going to love the g's when taking off even though it's not a quattro, I can live with that...lol

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car
The problem with driving the Golf R is that you are driving a VW. It will be in the shop more than its out (just like BMW)...That is obviously not a statement about performance but I actually have to use the car Im paying for to get to work...:D

To be honest I dont know a single repeat VW customer...or audi for that matter.
i have not found that to be true, have had the car for 2.5 years and ~25k miles. car does not have a single squeak or rattle has not needed to have anything done to it all. two oil changes and tire rotations. that is all.

i am of the opinion that is more the norm now days.. had a mazdaspeed3 2010 before that same thing not a single issue in 34k miles..

we will see, am being very prudent with my research on the two cars.. not jumping on either till the answers are all in..

beers

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Calculated 0-60 times have been posted at this article.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/whatll-it-do-heres-how-quick-we-think-the-2015-ford-mustang-will-be/

To sum it up:
V6:
0-60 5.4 sec
0-100 13 sec
1/4 mile 14

Ecoboost:
0-60 5.3 sec
0-100 12.9 sec
1/4 mile 13.8 sec

V8
0-60 4.3 sec
0-100 9.7 sec
1/4 mile 12.8 sec
Thanks for this. I'd be impressed with these numbers although they seem achievable. To get a low 5 sec 0-60 from a 2.3 litre and all for a reasonable price will put the overpriced german hairdressers cars to shame!

Sponsored

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
i have not found that to be true, have had the car for 2.5 years and ~25k miles. car does not have a single squeak or rattle has not needed to have anything done to it all. two oil changes and tire rotations. that is all.

i am of the opinion that is more the norm now days.. had a mazdaspeed3 2010 before that same thing not a single issue in 34k miles..

we will see, am being very prudent with my research on the two cars.. not jumping on either till the answers are all in..

beers
Im glad you havent had bad experiences...As a car guy and one that has had friends who have had VWs over the last 20 some odd years (Sciroccos, GTIs, Golfs, Golf TDIs, Jetta, and Touaregs) they have all been 100% utter pieces of garbage. Im not exagerating when I say 100% of them had electrical quality issues, all of the GTIs had blow off valve problems, the touregs have rust problems, the Golfs have high pressure fuel pump issues, Jettas have transmission issues (buddy just replaced his at 40k miles).....I could go on and on as that is the tip of the iceberg. My wifes friend had a new generation bug and I literally watched that thing fall apart in front of my eyes. Literally every time I saw her something was broken on it and thats not an exaggeration as we had a running joke about it. She was always looking for one of her friends husbands to fix it because the vast majority of us wouldnt touch it anymore. We had spent more time wrenching on her car than our own. There were very few parts that hadnt been replaced by the time she traded it in.

Dont get me wrong all cars and all manufacturers have their issues. I know very few people that have sold their car due to constant issues, however. 100% of my friends have dumped every single one of their VWs due to their constant issues, costly repairs and shop time. If you have had a different experience then good for you (srs). I truly hope it stays that way for you and you keep getting solid cars from them if you choose to spend your money with VW. No way I ever buy a VW product with the amount of money and heartache I've seen from VW.

I've used "literally" and "100%" a lot in my post above and I do my best not to exaggerate...In my experience Im not exaggerating when it comes to VW.

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Im glad you havent had bad experiences...As a car guy and one that has had friends who have had VWs over the last 20 some odd years (Sciroccos, GTIs, Golfs, Golf TDIs, Jetta, and Touaregs) they have all been 100% utter pieces of garbage. Im not exagerating when I say 100% of them had electrical quality issues, all of the GTIs had blow off valve problems, the touregs have rust problems, the Golfs have high pressure fuel pump issues, Jettas have transmission issues (buddy just replaced his at 40k miles).....I could go on and on as that is the tip of the iceberg. My wifes friend had a new generation bug and I literally watched that thing fall apart in front of my eyes. Literally every time I saw her something was broken on it and thats not an exaggeration as we had a running joke about it. She was always looking for one of her friends husbands to fix it because the vast majority of us wouldnt touch it anymore. We had spent more time wrenching on her car than our own. There were very few parts that hadnt been replaced by the time she traded it in.

Dont get me wrong all cars and all manufacturers have their issues. I know very few people that have sold their car due to constant issues, however. 100% of my friends have dumped every single one of their VWs due to their constant issues, costly repairs and shop time. If you have had a different experience then good for you (srs). I truly hope it stays that way for you and you keep getting solid cars from them if you choose to spend your money with VW. No way I ever buy a VW product with the amount of money and heartache I've seen from VW.

I've used "literally" and "100%" a lot in my post above and I do my best not to exaggerate...In my experience Im not exaggerating when it comes to VW.
must be luck, i have a rx8 with 125k miles on it.. :lol:

beers

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
must be luck, i have a rx8 with 125k miles on it.. :lol:

beers
Im confused.... The Rx8 is a Mazda and I dont recall making comments about Mazda..Werent they the top in quality for many years until they had the issues with the Speed3 motor mounts which set them back?

By the way I like your sig (beers)...Much better than cheers!

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Im confused.... The Rx8 is a Mazda and I dont recall making comments about Mazda..Werent they the top in quality for many years until they had the issues with the Speed3 motor mounts which set them back?

By the way I like your sig (beers)...Much better than cheers!
naw,

was just hoping i am lucky with cars.. had a speed3 also no issues.. rx8 is notorious for motor replacement.

i am going to enjoy watching this roll out. :)

beers

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
naw,

was just hoping i am lucky with cars.. had a speed3 also no issues.. rx8 is notorious for motor replacement.

i am going to enjoy watching this roll out. :)

beers
Ahhh I got ya!...The whole rotary engine thing in which they tank at 80-100k.

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I have a 2010 VW GTI (made in Germany) and it has been pretty good. 60000 miles, with some minor rattles only. Until a couple days ago when the passenger low beam failed. I thought it was just the bulb, but it turns out that it's something else. I thought maybe a fuse was blown, but the fuse diagram in the owners manual does not match what is in my actual car. Looking on the internet shows that the lack of accurate electrical system documentation is very common. Not surprising given the brand's reputation for electrical reliability.

So, I'm going to be getting out the multimeter to try and pinpoint where the issue lies and then figure out what to do about it. Now I know why I see so many VWs with only one headlight!

I have another friend with a GTI with the DSG and he's had nothing but problems with that transmission. Mine is a stick shift and has been fine. My sister in law had a Passat (2004 maybe) that was lemon lawed due to check engine light issues that couldn't be resolved.

Even though she now drives a honda, she still really misses that Passat.

I wouldn't consider the VWs to be very reliable, but they do have a certain character that seems to make them popular (at least once). I'll likely be replacing my GTI with the Mustang, but it is a decent little car.

0-60 is OK, but damn does it spin the front wheels when the boost starts to build. Really looking forward to getting back into a RWD daily driver.

-T

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I guess I was pretty close with my 0-60 predictions

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
I posted this in another thread but it may be a bit more relevant here. It's for the ecoboost so take it for what you will.
it looks like if you upgrade to the PP the 3.55 gears may make you shift to third, whereas if you had the standard suspension you would not. Not sure how this will affect 0-60 times but it reminds me of the old wrx that had a faster time than the STI because of the shorter gears in the STI and the need to shift to third. and, yes I understand that 0-60 times are not very telling, but it's interesting. 3rd gear was always my favorite anyway.

This is for manual trans cars 3.55:1 PP rear
1 - 4.24 :1
2 - 2.54:1
3 - 1.67:1
4 - 1:1
5 - .7:1
255/40R19 tires
EBmustang-rpm-gears.jpg
Sponsored