Sponsored

Doesn't feel like 460hp...?

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
feels like atleast 500 crank hp with e85 tune

I had a 630 rwhp cts-v and this car is actually faster. Just need to get it tuned rev it out to 7500.

Exhaust sound and volume also has a big influence on your perception of power
Sponsored

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
I have a 6 speed MT-82. Even at 2,500 RPM I'm supposedly making more power and torque than my old 350 Camaro auto or the 5.0 Fox MT did even at their peak. And I have better gears. Yet I could easily lay plenty of rubber in those cars even by accident and get a big bark going into second if I used a lot of throttle. Those cars had LSDs and rubber the same width (I have stock 235 all seasons).

Since I have a MT and do all of the engagement and shifting, the transmission is not a factor here.

I wish Ford would allow some more tire bark. The torque clearly is there especially with the low traction base tires. Babying the driver with torque management might be helpful at first since smooth prevents accidents. But then you aren't understanding how much the car is helping you and you don't learn to respect it.

I feel the torque management as a slight delay on roll on at low RPM. Over 3,500 I can break them loose easy and keep them spinning. Under that it's a split second delay and the hit is soft.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
As I get more used to this car (have about 750 miles on it now) I'm starting to realize how quick it really is. With the stump pulling torque in the Camaro I didn't need to think or actually drive the car in any deliberate way. Just press and go. I had the GT out for a rip in Sport+ last night and I had this $hit eating grin come across my face as I rolled into the throttle more.

I likely only peaked at about 5000 RPM too. And I love the how the A10 senses you may want to play some more and says" so you want to get a lil nasty do you?" Truly wonderful technology for the small price of admission!

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
157HP in 82, but same difference! I had a 71 Lincoln back then that used to waste all the 82-83 "performance" cars.
I couldn't remember the number, I do remember it being weak sauce, I had a 1972 Mark IV coupe that smoked the GT and Camaro, it was laughable. Heck, I have a 12 second Lincoln today, life is good!

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 6 speed MT-82. Even at 2,500 RPM I'm supposedly making more power and torque than my old 350 Camaro auto or the 5.0 Fox MT did even at their peak. And I have better gears. Yet I could easily lay plenty of rubber in those cars even by accident and get a big bark going into second if I used a lot of throttle. Those cars had LSDs and rubber the same width (I have stock 235 all seasons).

Since I have a MT and do all of the engagement and shifting, the transmission is not a factor here.

I wish Ford would allow some more tire bark. The torque clearly is there especially with the low traction base tires. Babying the driver with torque management might be helpful at first since smooth prevents accidents. But then you aren't understanding how much the car is helping you and you don't learn to respect it.

I feel the torque management as a slight delay on roll on at low RPM. Over 3,500 I can break them loose easy and keep them spinning. Under that it's a split second delay and the hit is soft.
Turn off the nannies and you can smoke them till the cows come home and 2nd gear will do a lot more than bark.

Sponsored

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Turn off the nannies and you can smoke them till the cows come home and 2nd gear will do a lot more than bark.
This has not been my experience on my 19.

Everything turned off you have to rev high and side step the clutch to get them spinning hard and I get a good bark out of second. That’s about it.

Once you get moving the acceleration is very strong especially above 4K.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I couldn't remember the number, I do remember it being weak sauce, I had a 1972 Mark IV coupe that smoked the GT and Camaro, it was laughable. Heck, I have a 12 second Lincoln today, life is good!
I also have a 12 second Lincoln!

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
This has not been my experience on my 19.

Everything turned off you have to rev high and side step the clutch to get them spinning hard and I get a good bark out of second. That’s about it.

Once you get moving the acceleration is very strong especially above 4K.
Same as me. And you also have a manual trans.

I found that single jumpered plug to the right of the airbox and unplugged it. I was hoping that would help with throttle response. Got both traction lights on the dash to come on. I was easily able to get the car all out of shape and burn out, etc. without intervention far as I could tell. Still had that softness and delay though. But that softness is gone above 4k like you also noticed.

I wonder if the 10 speed cars feel different from the manuals in throttle response. Might have to test drive another back to back, or get to a drag strip to be sure.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Also, with everything turned off I can stand on it while rolling in first and it just hooks and goes.

Not used to that.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10

I feel the same delay (even posted about it a few weeks ago) from the traction management with the A10. It's as if it needs a couple of tenths of a second to determine the traction, then react with full throttle after deciding there's enough traction. It certainly makes the hit less impressive in lower gears. Wish it was much quicker reacting. Actually, I wish it was reverse of that: allow full power, then back off if the tires start to break loose.

Sponsored

Mattneedforgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
I think that due to not having to fight the car to go down the road the power is hidden. I was doing 100 on i 24 today in the rain and did not feel it at all then i looked at the Speedo and lifted

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
You needed to be around when the 1982 Mustang GT came out with a whopping 142hp, we are spoiled ass rotten today.
Yep, my very first car was a 1977 Camaro, 305cid, 145hp! My brother had a '76 with a 350cid which put out a whopping 165hp...

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Also, with everything turned off I can stand on it while rolling in first and it just hooks and goes.

Not used to that.
You got me by 25hp but this is my experience as well in my 16' manual. Only time I could get them to spin on takeoff was if the road was damp. When I put on my 275/305s it feels like a weighed down boat off the line. Not impressed at all.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Maybe it’s just the Variable valve timing doing it’s thing
Sponsored