Which Winter Tyres?

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered Nokian WR A3 XL yesterday € 899,- mounted and balanced.

Cheaper on the net but warranty might be tricky in case of problems and not mounted.
And internet tyres are not always new, I mean 'from this production year' making it a bit stiffer than new ones...
Sponsored

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Race Red
On a little side note... I keep hearing how the PP tyres suck at temps below 65'F (~18'C). Not to brag, but it's seldom more than that up here... I find it odd that Ford would put tyres like this on a car sold so far North?!
the pzeros are dangerous on wet conditions... it does not even need to rain... if you have a wet road and you throttle a bit more than normal than it will spin for sure... well, if you are a drift-king then it's okay :headbang:

I've already changed mine to Continental Wintercontact and I'm very satisfied with them... did not even spinned once and I drive all the time on Sport mode :D

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
the pzeros are dangerous on wet conditions... it does not even need to rain... if you have a wet road and you throttle a bit more than normal than it will spin for sure...
I had the traction control lights come on in Normal mode after washing my car while it was 20 degrees out, just because my tires were still wet from hosing down my car. And not just when driving off, but for about half a block! Only then the rear wheels settled down. I almost thought something was broken on my car. At least now I know what it is .. have had it once or twice since in wet weather, but not as much as I had feared *knocks wood*.

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Weird. I gave a GT the boot twice in a roundabout during my own test drive in September and couldn't get it to let go... It just gripped and gripped.

So I had this down as a very neutral thing. Nice that I might be wrong, I remember thinking I would have liked it to feel a bit more oversteery.

Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Well learning to drive on ice and snow with a RWD I can handle oversteer... just no understeer please - that scares the crap out of me :D

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
the pzeros are dangerous on wet conditions... it does not even need to rain... if you have a wet road and you throttle a bit more than normal than it will spin for sure... well, if you are a drift-king then it's okay :headbang:

I've already changed mine to Continental Wintercontact and I'm very satisfied with them... did not even spinned once and I drive all the time on Sport mode :D
Had a 2012 V6 before with P Zeros for summer and never had any problems on wet roads or when it was raining (also by driving at 130-135 km/h on wet or rainy highways in France). I guess it also depends on how you dose the throttle. That is why I find the snow/wet mode on the 2015 really helpful especially in a beast like the GT.

I have also put Continental WinterContact TS810S for the winter tires, they are good. We will see once the temperatures drop and snow shows up.;)

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
They are really good. I had one more time the bad drifting experience before arriving to my Dealer, damn Pirelly's tyres !! :frusty: :frusty:

After mounting the PA4, you can feel a big difference. I hit a bit the pedal and the car holds the road ! :headbang:

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Had a few drifting experiences as well today, wasn't even wet! One was a drift where I didn't get support and the other one I really noticed the traction control kicking in.

bigul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015 EU
I heard so many bad opinions about the P Zero's tyres... Under this circumstances I'm wondering to try to sell them and buy some better ones.
I'll get my car on winter tyres so those P Zero's will be almost brand new :frusty:

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Maybe I'll get there pa4's for summer wear :D Think I'm getting continentals for Winter - got offered a great deal (10k less than the Nokians I wanted so hard to say no :))

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
I got my new tires installed this afternoon. Pro-tip: If the guy seems clueless about the required lug-nut moment: It's 204Nm. They didn't really have a clue, so they tightened it to 160Nm "because that would be reasonable". We would have looked in the manual, but when it's on the bridge it's kinda hard to get to the glovebox compartment. Will go back on Monday to have them tighten them properly. (The shop is only 300m from my house, so it's no biggie).
Sponsored