Sponsored

Which Winter Tyres?

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
You actually have snow?!! Wow... Had a few cm a few weeks back but it disappeared :( only the horrible ice left on the roads... And No kind of winter tyre helps for that...
Sponsored

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Finnish Nokian's are on. 200Nm was max pressure they could do.

Huge difference with the Italian ones...

Have a safe winter guys!!

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB PP / 2011 Focus EB Titanium
PA4s have been field tested! :)
Nice! So, what is it like to drive a Mustang on the show? Did you have issues?

I have the Continental WinterContact TS850P and they are so much better on wet road than the Pirellis! I am never putting the Pirellis back on...

OP
OP
R3v

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
You actually have snow?!! Wow... Had a few cm a few weeks back but it disappeared :( only the horrible ice left on the roads... And No kind of winter tyre helps for that...
It was in High Tatras, the biggest mountain range in Slovakia.

OP
OP
R3v

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
Nice! So, what is it like to drive a Mustang on the show? Did you have issues?
Absolutely not. Obviously, I could get them spin if I wanted to on a full snow cover by stepping on the gas. But if you drive like a normal human being you should have no issues.

Actually, back wheels did spin once on a road without any snow - it happened while I was accelerating and changing lanes on leftovers of road spreading (salt and small rocks) and fortunately it was nothing dramatic.

Sponsored

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB PP / 2011 Focus EB Titanium
Absolutely not. Obviously, I could get them spin if I wanted to on a full snow cover by stepping on the gas. But if you drive like a normal human being you should have no issues.

Actually, back wheels did spin once on a road without any snow - it happened while I was accelerating and changing lanes on leftovers of road spreading (salt and small rocks) and fortunately it was nothing dramatic.
That is great to hear! So no problem to climb the snowy hills with winter tires? I was afraid I would have to use snow chains in the mountains, that the rear wheel drive will not climb the hills.

Zymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
There should be no problems driving the Mustang in winter I think. If you know that you are going to face steep uphill roads in the winter I guess you could put some sandbags or heavier objects in the trunk temporarily to get more weight/grip. Oldschool style.

Done that quite a few times in different cars. Works well. If its pure ice on the road, nothing will help you with traction though.

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
That's very good to know espennor! R2s are going to be my weapon of choice also, and our roads look about the same as yours ;) Love the Gulf colors!

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Wow, a Gulf wrap very cool. Do you have more pictures? (without ice :) )

Sponsored

espennor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Espen
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Got it wrapped from the dealer, high quality job. Had to remove the number, too much of a toycar looking!
Got black rims 19 for winter tire and Nikkel 19 for the summer!
Hard to keep clean thoug, I have polished the wrap and coated with C-quk from Cquartz and CarPro reload for the top coat but he mud sticks pretty good!
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Velkommen Espen! Where the heck do you have snow?!! Only freezing cold for me so far...

espennor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Espen
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Hi GoJensen! I live in Tromsø. Got the mustang from RønheSelmer in Bærum. Been pretty cold this week -17 at the most.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
So far I am super happy with my Michelin Pilot Alpins. They are the first winter tires I have ever had that feel like normal tires and the grip is awesome.
Sponsored