Sponsored

GT350 vs C6Z

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I think the SN95 and New Edge are better looking than the S550. I know I am in the minority but I can't wait to get into another New Edge Cobra. If you could get one with air conditioned seats I wouldn't be looking at a new car.

The 98 Cobra vs 99 GT is an interesting debate for sure though. I'm going through it right now myself, but I tend to lean to the 4v.
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
That my friend is a zr1 which had a value of $120,000 back in the day. I think that car might be still faster than the current zo7! The zr1 has a nurburging lap time of 7:19 63!

My point is, if you are buying a gt350r or gt350 track pack for track only use then for the same amount of money, there are other fast cars available! Even though they are lightly used.

No my friend.... a Stingray Corvette Z51 package.

In which is sitting in my driveway right now.! (not mine) It did not cost $120k, it cost $69k. I would rather own that, than a late model Z06. And coincidentally, so would many, many people.

The C6 Z06 is rendered pointless with newer gen Z51.

I am more excited about driving/testing the GT350, than I am about any corvette at the moment. I will be cross shopping MY17 Vette, M2 & GT350.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
What the hell! You, my friend, are obviously a Ford diehard! Speak for yourself, because I, for one, would never take a base or Z51 C7 over a C6 ZO6 and most definitely not a ZR1. Or you kidding me! It's a base vette. That's like comparing a S550 GT/PP to a S197 Boss 302 or Shelby GT500. I would not have pick my S550 over a Boss 302, if I didn't have a sport car already. My car was a good compromise of driving pleasure and affordability. I darn sure would not pick a 45k to 55k S550 over a 2013/2014 Shelby GT500!

I advise you to drive both or at least own a Corvette, before you repeat dumb stuff like that again. By the way, the C6 Z is packing 505HP and 470 torque and C6 ZR1 is packing 638 HP and 604 Torque. You would have to be high to pick a 450/450 car over that. The new interior don't compensate for lack HP in my book. Hell, I drove the C7 and was happy to get back into my cam C5 ZO6. Maybe, it being paid off had something to do with that as well.

You are stuck in the past...

I have owned several Corvettes and my groups of friends, much more. You sound like a die-hard nostalgia type.

But I also see, that HP is EVERYTHING to you, so no point in arguing about cars with you. Because the one with the biggest penis/engine always wins in your book. HP for no reason, usually comes with a free mullet.

Last edited:

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
No my friend.... a Stingray Corvette Z51 package.

In which is sitting in my driveway right now.! (not mine) It did not cost $120k, it cost $69k. I would rather own that, than a late model Z06. And coincidentally, so would many, many people.

The C6 Z06 is rendered pointless with newer gen Z51.

I am more excited about driving/testing the GT350, than I am about any corvette at the moment. I will be cross shopping MY17 Vette, M2 & GT350.
The one i posted my friend was a 2010 zr1 with 4000 miles on the odo! Not a z51 c7 vette or a c6 zo6. Don't confuse the next gen to the old gen. Zr1 corvette had a price tag of $120,000. Current c7 starts around $52,000 and z51 package is around $65,000.

For track purpose and thrill of it both old c6 zo6 and c6 zr1 will run circles around the new c7 and the new gt350! Zr1 corvette is the meanest corvette that GM produced up to date.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
lol sure, the zr1 in the hands of your average owner will get lapped by Miatas at the track.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
lol sure, the zr1 in the hands of your average owner will get lapped by Miatas at the track.
Umm, really? I am a rookie at the track, but there was a Miata on track the day I was there. It was SLOOOW. Like watching grass growing slow.

There was one guy in a 'vette (not a zr1) that was slow, but that was him, not the car. Another guy in a 'vette was the one person on the track that whipped by me repeatedly. I can't imagine adding more power would slow those corvettes down to the point where a Miata would be anywhere near them. Maybe on an autocross course the Miata would win, but not on a track with any decent room between corners.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
The one i posted my friend was a 2010 zr1 with 4000 miles on the odo! Not a z51 c7 vette or a c6 zo6. Don't confuse the next gen to the old gen. Zr1 corvette had a price tag of $120,000. Current c7 starts around $52,000 and z51 package is around $65,000.

For track purpose and thrill of it both old c6 zo6 and c6 zr1 will run circles around the new c7 and the new gt350! Zr1 corvette is the meanest corvette that GM produced up to date.

NO it won't...

Just because it has a BIGGER ENGINE, doesn't mean it will run circles around the newer Vette.

The C7 has a BETTER chassis and suspension. The Corvette is not lacking HP, it has been lacking everything else. C7 makes for a better platform.

HP is a non-issue in the corvette world.

For track purposes, the GT350 will mirror C6 Z06 numbers.
Also, I am sure a used Ford GT will run circles around the ZR1, seeing that you are attempting to compare apples and oranges. I can act dumb too..

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
NO it won't...

Just because it has a BIGGER ENGINE, doesn't mean it will run circles around the newer Vette.

The C7 has a BETTER chassis and suspension. The Corvette is not lacking HP, it has been lacking everything else. C7 makes for a better platform.

HP is a non-issue in the corvette world.

For track purposes, the GT350 will mirror C6 Z06 numbers.
Also, I am sure a used Ford GT will run circles around the ZR1, seeing that you are attempting to compare apples and oranges. I can act dumb too..
You gotta look from another point of view here, both c6 zo6 and c6 zr1 was the track oriented special vettes not your average jo's regular vettes. The new c7 is faster around the track than its old gen c6 but the lt versions not zo6 and definitely not zr1.

This is like comparing today's GT to the old generation GT500 or the Laguna Seca Version of Boss 302. I understand that you don't want to believe that the old generation can out handle the new generation, but some old gens will still be faster due to other factors such as less weight and more horsepower. In our case the old zo6 and zr1 will outhandle c7-z51 vette and the new upcoming gt350.

You really need to drive one to see the difference between those cars. Interior sucks big time but nobody buys those cars for their interior comfort but track capabilities. People will buy a strip down gt350r or gt350 base model for track use only. It all comes to the performance figures.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
If you don't believe me look at the official Nurburging times for both six gen zo6 and zr1 corvettes. Professional driver on a proffesional road course. Facts are facts. Camaro z28 7:37 and Corvette zo6 7:22 lap times for reference.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Umm, really? I am a rookie at the track, but there was a Miata on track the day I was there. It was SLOOOW. Like watching grass growing slow.

There was one guy in a 'vette (not a zr1) that was slow, but that was him, not the car. Another guy in a 'vette was the one person on the track that whipped by me repeatedly. I can't imagine adding more power would slow those corvettes down to the point where a Miata would be anywhere near them. Maybe on an autocross course the Miata would win, but not on a track with any decent room between corners.
That is precisely my point, to say the old z06/zr1 is uber fast assumes one thing, that you are a professional driver, where as your average Vette owner is everything but a professional driver. (Don't get me wrong, plenty of very fast Vette guys at the track). Both those cars have not only a shit ton of power, but they deliver it in a brutal fashion, so managing all the power(and the speed that comes with it) requires a ton of skill and testicular fortitude. So typically you will see them motoring in the straights and parking it hard in the corners, so a slightly more skilled driver in a lesser car can easily carry more corner and exit speed, sometimes much more that can't be overcome by the larger horsepower cars straight line ability. So in some cases adding horsepower can slow you down if you don't know how to manage it.

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
If you don't believe me look at the official Nurburging times for both six gen zo6 and zr1 corvettes. Professional driver on a proffesional road course. Facts are facts. Camaro z28 7:37 and Corvette zo6 7:22 lap times for reference.

Yes.. yes.. go on, tell us... how many times have you driven the ring? And for an extra $60k how much more faster was the ZR1..?

Do you know the average speed of cars at the Nurb? How they will differ completely from Lightening Lap, or COTA..?

Only at the Nurb, do such subtleties matter. Only with a professional driver do such things matter. That is why cars are rung out there for ultimate testing. Ultimate testing that 99.9% of the human race will never achieve said performance levels.

Living in Michigan, the ZR1's extra $60k cost is pointless. Less I make it on to Belle Isle race weekend.

You toss out a lot of numbers, but suffer from reality. The ZR1 will not out handle the Z51.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
You toss out a lot of numbers, but suffer from reality. The ZR1 will not out handle the Z51.
Sure it will. The internet told him so;):D:lol:

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Sure it will. The internet told him so;):D:lol:
You guys are right! It has to be the Pill telling you so that you can believe in him not the official track records! Plain and simple your thread title says gt350 vs zo6, then my answer to you is zo6.

And Todd your life is built on internet and computers so don't give me the internet BS!

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Lets also put two average jo's on the street give them a z51 c7 and a zo6, let them race up to hmmm 45 mph speed limit, tell me in real life what would be the result? All they have to do is hit the gas pedal at the same to to the metal! You guys tell me!

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
lol who gives a crap about that, how are you going to go from comparing unofficial lap times around the ring...to billy bob and cletus racing on a backroad. For all we know this might happen
[ame]
Sponsored