OP
OP
hasta_luego

hasta_luego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 T4R TRD Pro, '16 VW GSW
I just rewatched the Everyday Driver video. It had been some time since I last watched it. The ending is really telling for me. The Euro-biased guy who loves Porsches said he loves the GT350 and wants one. Growing up, my idea of a sports car came from what my father owned ('85 911, '97 M3). I've always loved those cars and the way they felt. So ..... I'm gonna have to drive the Shelby. I think that could be the one. If it is, I'll try and wait to order a 2020 (white with blue stripes, of course).

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
After you get int he Shelby, the others won’t seem the same anymore.

It just feels like another car.

but the Launch and the rev out take some getting used to.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
For a fun street only car I would go with the Boss. For value, if you buy well the Boss should also be the best value because it isn't brand new and it should retain it's value better than either of the other two.

Having said that, I personally would only consider the Bullitt or GT350 due to the IRS and suspension/chassis improvements. Any car I buy will be daily driven, though. So I'm coming from a different perspective. If I were going to stop going to the track I might just buy a Bullitt. But I'm going to go to the track and the GT350 with coolers is terrific in my opinion. I like the very firm ride with great control over body motions. I don't love the extra tall gearing on the street, but it's really good on track. I understand the Bullitt has similar gearing to the GT350.

If you drive them both and don't care about the suspension differences, since you aren't going to track it, I think the Bullitt is better for you.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The BOSS to me will stick out as the last of the "old school muscle cars" in that it the last of the cars not hampered by electronics or modernization. It's a V8, a manual and a solid rear. The same 3 things I loved about my 2003 Mach1, and kind of miss in modern cars. I think the closest you can get to that now is a GT350R. I wish there was a more stripper than base GT option, but realisticly it wouldn't sell. Like the Mustang GTS Ford had in the mid 90's. Base v6 mustang with GT drivetrain and brakes. Great light car, perfromed great.... no one really wanted it due to lack of amenities.

Sponsored

OP
OP
hasta_luego

hasta_luego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^ That was kind of my understanding of what the BOSS is all about. While I like the idea of owning a true muscle car, I guess, at the end of the day, I'm really lusting for a true sports car, handling wise. I don't necessarily need all the gizmos and creature comforts (except for A/C). And the BOSS LS I'm looking at are low to mid $40ks (ultra low mileage). That's a lot of coin for that car which sticker at $50k and change, but it may also be an indication that they are holding their value. Max budget for any such car is $70k, but saving money is always a good thing.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
First thing is first....

You live in Michigan, that means most likely you will undoubtedly want MagneRide. And even though the GT350 is a pure race car, it is not really a "weekend" car... unless you mean weekend on the track. Then the base 350 is your only choice here, but if you want all the creature comforts of a BMW, packed into a truly able car, then get the GT PP2.

If you don't need track orientated GT, then get the Mustang Bullitt, which also comes standard with Magneride. It also has 480hp and sounds great. <---

OP
OP
hasta_luego

hasta_luego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did go into this thinking I'd go with the BULLITT, before I drove it. It's a sexy car, it's mostly de-badged (no pony logos) and flies under the radar. It has that classic mustang muscle car exhaust sound. It's also going to be somewhat of a "limited" production, although I am seeing a ton of them sitting on dealer lots around here in Michigan. So it sorta has the rarity factor. But the handling was just not quite there. I also have a feeling that I'm going to like and prefer the Tremec transmission when I drive the GT350. Again, this will be a Friday through Sunday car, May through September. Tracked about 2-3 times per year. Decisions, decisions ...

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I did go into this thinking I'd go with the BULLITT, before I drove it. It's a sexy car, it's mostly de-badged (no pony logos) and flies under the radar. It has that classic mustang muscle car exhaust sound. It's also going to be somewhat of a "limited" production, although I am seeing a ton of them sitting on dealer lots around here in Michigan. So it sorta has the rarity factor. But the handling was just not quite there. I also have a feeling that I'm going to like and prefer the Tremec transmission when I drive the GT350. Again, this will be a Friday through Sunday car, May through September. Tracked about 2-3 times per year. Decisions, decisions ...
It does have pony's on the wheels, but I'm planning to swap my centercaps with either Ford Performance or Black blanks.

OP
OP
hasta_luego

hasta_luego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It does have pony's on the wheels, but I'm planning to swap my centercaps with either Ford Performance or Black blanks.
Schwerin, please let me know what you think when you install the suspension upgrades in your signature. I can't believe how reasonable the prices are for mods on these vehicles.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If you are going on track, IMO it's GT350 all the way. Unless you want to mess with your warranty adding cooling or spend your time at the track doing cool down laps.

I wouldn't spend a premium on a low miles used Boss and then drive it. Doesn't sound like the used Boss you are looking at is a good buy.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Schwerin, please let me know what you think when you install the suspension upgrades in your signature. I can't believe how reasonable the prices are for mods on these vehicles.
Will do. The FP suspention wont be done for about a month or so I'm waiting till my first oil change to have it done @ the dealer to make sure the instal lis warranty covered. Then I'll be doing the Steeda bits myself.

Still wondering what alignment to use for a daily driven car thats not to agressive for the street. I still have a few bushings to get, otherwise I feel like I should be all done with my handling changes after this. I dont want to go to hard core for the street and loose to much comfort.

OP
OP
hasta_luego

hasta_luego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've never considered myself a Corvette guy, but it's hard to ignore the performance specs of the Grand Sport for the price, especially with the dealer incentives and even greater ones on the horizon with the C8 coming out. Plus, a lightly used 2017-18 will be had for real cheap. So, I should probably add that one to the list too, which I have now capped at 6 vehicles (3 NA V8s, one Twin Turbo V8, one Twin Turbo V6, and a NA Flat 6).

Shelby GT350
Mustang BULLITT (driven)
C7 Grand Sport
MB C63S (W205)
M2 Comp
981 Cayman GTS

I've created a spreadsheet with all the stats. Now, I just need to drive them all.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I've never considered myself a Corvette guy, but it's hard to ignore the performance specs of the Grand Sport for the price, especially with the dealer incentives and even greater ones on the horizon with the C8 coming out. Plus, a lightly used 2017-18 will be had for real cheap. So, I should probably add that one to the list too, which I have now capped at 6 vehicles (3 NA V8s, one Twin Turbo V8, one Twin Turbo V6, and a NA Flat 6).

Shelby GT350
Mustang BULLITT (driven)
C7 Grand Sport
MB C63S (W205)
M2 Comp
981 Cayman GTS

I've created a spreadsheet with all the stats. Now, I just need to drive them all.
Corvette. End of story.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Corvette. End of story.
I think that the Vette is with Porsche of the cars that I'll never own because to me they NEVER look good to me. I'm well aware they perform great, but some reason I have never understood how people think they look good. I mean I love cars, I'm usually even good at telling what is behind me at night just based on teh headlights. But if you stood me in broad daylight next to 3 Porsches I probably would have no idea what is what unless one is clearly a SUV or sedan, or even if they were made in the last 5yrs or not.
Sponsored