Sponsored

GT350 vs C6Z

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Wins what..? What are you bench racing again?

Now, please answer the previous question and follow along. What is the difference between a C6 and a C6 Z06..?
You could do your own search, but a summary would be Magna Ride, Wider Cup tires, Carbon Ceramic rotors with 6 Piston Brembo Brakes etc.

Now imagine a corvette with all that performance upgrades, weights 3130 lbs, has 505 hp ls7 engine! You tell me how it performs! Its not rocket science!
Sponsored

Last edited:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
You could do your own search, but a summary would be Magna Ride, Wider Cup tires, Carbon Ceramic rotors with 6 Piston Brembo Brakes etc.

Now imagine a corvette with all that performance upgrades, weights 3130 lbs, has 505 hp ls7 engine! You tell me how it performs! Its not rocket science!

No, you have mistaken my knowledge, for yours. I am going threw these baby steps for you.

And as such, all those things you've mentioned in the Z06 are fore taking the C6 to it's near limits. In which you (and many others) have no the skill to exceed. That is why the Z06 means very little to nearly anyone, because it's "performance" is derived from 98% stock C6.

The extra 2% is at or near limit and for bragging rites. And why a new Z51 is much better platform, because stock the C7 is a better platform.

And why the C6 z06 is usurped by a GT350.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
But probst can, that's all that matters in bench racing. We need a spreadsheet starting with a baseline lap time at the streets of willow for a c6/c7 base and break down all the performance benefits of the c6z06 and how much time they shave off

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
But probst can, that's all that matters in bench racing. We need a spreadsheet starting with a baseline lap time at the streets of willow for a c6/c7 base and break down all the performance benefits of the c6z06 and how much time they shave off

Did you watch the GRC (Rally) this weekend..?
On the streets, a modestly done RS, is going to pace both the GT350 and Z06, so...

Under 60mph, tossable means I eat front tires more then my rears in my car. But a 400ft-lbs RS coming out of a turn is no joke... bye... bye.. :faint:

That car might be sick!

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Did you watch the GRC (Rally) this weekend..?
On the streets, a modestly done RS, is going to pace both the GT350 and Z06, so...

Under 60mph, tossable means I eat front tires more then my rears in my car. But a 400ft-lbs RS coming out of a turn is no joke... bye... bye.. :faint:

That car might be sick!
What is the conclusion of this? The gt350 vs z28 thread shows that the gt350 rc is barely faster than a z28! I m not sure how will it stand against a c6zo6. That car is technically a 700 lb lighter z28.

Just for track purposes, is it better to own a $65,000 brand new gt350r or a lightly used 2012 zo6 zo7 package for around $50,000? Honest but smart opinions are needed, no fan boy opinion is allowed!

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
What is the conclusion of this? The gt350 vs z28 thread shows that the gt350 rc is barely faster than a z28! I m not sure how will it stand against a c6zo6. That car is technically a 700 lb lighter z28.

Just for track purposes, is it better to own a $65,000 brand new gt350r or a lightly used 2012 zo6 zo7 package for around $50,000? Honest but smart opinions are needed, no fan boy opinion is allowed!
Neither, buy the 1LE for even less.

I win.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
what's wrong with giving reasons for buying or not buying a certain car...I'm pretty sure that's what everyone does when evaluating literally anything...reasons why and why not...quit being a douche...

I was just making arguments for the other side on why many many people and Mustang enthusiasts would choose the other route.
And utterly off-topic.

In a thread asking for peoples' preferences between two cars where cornering and handling are high on the priority list, and where more than likely a little road course track time may be envisioned . . . muddying the water with straight line acceleration stuff is just that - a pointless distraction. Almost as bad as stepping into a thread either here or over on Camaro5 about CobraJets and COPOs and saying that people interested in those models/trims should be considering GT350s, C7s, Z/28s and 1LEs as well (or maybe instead of them). See what I'm saying?

Norm
Sponsored