Sponsored

GT350 vs C6Z

MrBillton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302 LS, 2018 Charger Scat Pack
you're all about spirited/track driving...is that the only reason you bought the car?? how often do you go to the track?

you say the Boss/Shelby is faster...but would take an s550 because of "certain road conditions"

then you say you like high revving v8s, but chose the s550 over the Boss

so you're all about spirited/track driving you say, then say you'd take the gt350 over the corvette despite its many disadvantages in track driving as compared the c7 platform...of course if you don't like Corvettes then that makes sense...the fact that you'd take the basic model of a current gen vehicle as opposed to a halo model of the previous generation is interesting...but like you said, to each his own...

Actually the exact opposite, I don't daily drive the car at all, I'm speaking mainly from a spirited/track driving perspective. I would go with a c7 z51 over a zr1, but the gt350 over both. I like smooth high revving v8s, that's why I bought th coyote despite the solid rear. I'm beyond excited I can get an even higher revving v8 and proper suspension in the same package with the gt350

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
:crazy:I don't owe you any answers, not sure why you care so much about MY personal preferences to buy a car. I don't need to justify them to you or any other internet stranger, but if you can't understand why my preferences might be the way they are, then it sounds like a personal problem to me. And you are now mixing up my words in an attempt to bait me, nice try, but have at it all you want.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Lets put the smoking hot wifes and internet on the side. Comparing performance numbers a c6 zo6 not even including the zo7 package which gives it adjustable magnetic shock absorbers and carbon ceramic breaks etc, it is faster than the new c7 with z51 package and the upcoming gt350.

Now, you guys are saying the old is old i want the next gen car then its your choice. But c6zo6 and c6zr1 are not your average vette's. They are special edition cars.

If we are talking performance than here is my comparison below:
C6zr1>C6zo6>gt350r>C7z51>gt350=C7lt
Sorry. I cannot debate with someone that spells BRAKES as BREAKS.

I mean really? You're on a car forum trying to state your stance on performance cars.....oh well. Carry on. Time to unsubscribe from another thread debacle involving :ford: vs. GM.

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
This is such a subjective argument, some would rather get a used corvette, some would prefer to pay a little more and get a new one, others would like the GT350, and then there are the ppl that don't give two shits what they drive. I don't get why you all need to argue about as if someone will suddenly "see the light" and change their opinion in favor of your own. I respect everyone's opinion and accept it but damn some of you get far to emotional over something that wont go beyond this thread.

MrBillton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302 LS, 2018 Charger Scat Pack
:crazy:I don't owe you any answers, not sure why you care so much about MY personal preferences to buy a car. I don't need to justify them to you or any other internet stranger, but if you can't understand why my preferences might be the way they are, then it sounds like a personal problem to me. And you are now mixing up my words in an attempt to bait me, nice try, but have at it all you want.
I didn't mix up your words, I repeated them...and pointed out the conflicts in your logic......I'm happy to explain my preferences with legitimate logic and did...forums are for discussion, which is what I'm doing, and I'm trying to understand your preferences, which you so graciously stated, but you seem incapable of explaining them without getting upset about it...fair enough

if you're above debate or offended by debate (which it appears you are) the "versus" section might be a good place for you to avoid

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Sorry. I cannot debate with someone that spells BRAKES as BREAKS.

I mean really? You're on a car forum trying to state your stance on performance cars.....oh well. Carry on. Time to unsubscribe from another thread debacle involving :ford: vs. GM.
Well you clearly understood what i meant by break so why don't you go back to your camaro5 site and your smoking hot wife! We all make typing mistakes! Carry on!

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Not at all offended, just not baited into trivial debate with questions based on poorly constructed word jumbles. I get it, you can't fathom why anyone would pick a base stock car over your boss. Just like others on here cant understand why some might pick a GT350 over a vette. I'm not going to answer your questions, but let me spell out part of the decision process.

Here are the basics. I will just spell it out all at once
- The coyote, boss 302, and now gt350 are all high revving V8s (relative to what is out there, past and present, sans ferraris and the e92 M3 for the most part), with the voodoo being the best of the bunch. I own the coyote, I love the motor, its the only reason I bought a mustang. Cant wait to get the voodoo
-The differences between the Boss 302/coyote engines are marginal compared to the coyote/voodoo, so its a marginal bump to me, despite being a "halo" car
-The differences between the boss 302 chassis/suspension are significant compared to the S550, enough for me to overlook the additional HP and few extra hundred RPMs the boss has. You may not mind the rear end getting unsettled due to hitting a small bump (or corner curbing) while on the throttle at corner exit, but I do, to me that feeling is the single most unnerving thing about the car. while plenty of people pilot these cars at insane speeds with the rear end bouncing around, I personally cant stand it. I had a chance to trade my base GT for a boss for only a few grand extra and passed on it, to me it didnt warrant the extra cash while still having the same key deficiency.

GT350 vs vette
-Despite the vettes proven track record, I am not a magazine/bench racer and don't base purchases solely on what the car ran what at some track with unknown conditions and a professional driver. There is a lot more to a performance car than just those metrics alone, at least for me. Im not competing or racing at any level, so the car is for pure enjoyment, and that is purely subjective
-high revving V8...the vette lacks it...the voodoo is the closest thing you will get to an f-car motor in a production car, and this dang thing is only 50k. To some folks this isnt a big deal. Those same folks are scratching their heads why ford didnt slap a blower on it and make 650hp+. I'm not one of those folks, 525 NA hp without having to displace 6-7L is absolutely amazing.
-Power delivery-Since the LS motors are larger, how they get power out is much more abrupt/violent than the coyote, especially the C6Z06. . Now I dont have the GT350 yet, so I cant comment, but I imagine its doing to behave very closely to the coyote, just on steroids. This is also the same reason a lot of people might prefer the base C7 (or C6 grandsport), since the smaller, slightly less powerful mill can be better tamed. Now it may not appease the bench racers, but again, I am not one of those folks, I am the one out there enjoying the car, not some internet stig
-Feel- I just could not get into the steering/shifter/clutch pedal feel, they were all very much sedated and ambiguous, I hated it. At least for the C6, I have not bothered with the C7 since it is not radically different than the C6 (minus the styling of course)

Like I said, different folks, different strokes :shrug:. There is more than 1 way to skin a cat and more than 1 way to go fast and enjoy yourself

Sponsored

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
Not at all offended, just not baited into trivial debate with questions based on poorly constructed word jumbles. I get it, you can't fathom why anyone would pick a base stock car over your boss. Just like others on here cant understand why some might pick a GT350 over a vette. I'm not going to answer your questions, but let me spell out part of the decision process.

Here are the basics. I will just spell it out all at once
- The coyote, boss 302, and now gt350 are all high revving V8s (relative to what is out there, past and present, sans ferraris and the e92 M3 for the most part), with the voodoo being the best of the bunch. I own the coyote, I love the motor, its the only reason I bought a mustang. Cant wait to get the voodoo
-The differences between the Boss 302/coyote engines are marginal compared to the coyote/voodoo, so its a marginal bump to me, despite being a "halo" car
-The differences between the boss 302 chassis/suspension are significant compared to the S550, enough for me to overlook the additional HP and few extra hundred RPMs the boss has. You may not mind the rear end getting unsettled due to hitting a small bump (or corner curbing) while on the throttle at corner exit, but I do, to me that feeling is the single most unnerving thing about the car. while plenty of people pilot these cars at insane speeds with the rear end bouncing around, I personally cant stand it. I had a chance to trade my base GT for a boss for only a few grand extra and passed on it, to me it didnt warrant the extra cash while still having the same key deficiency.

GT350 vs vette
-Despite the vettes proven track record, I am not a magazine/bench racer and don't base purchases solely on what the car ran what at some track with unknown conditions and a professional driver. There is a lot more to a performance car than just those metrics alone, at least for me. Im not competing or racing at any level, so the car is for pure enjoyment, and that is purely subjective
-high revving V8...the vette lacks it...the voodoo is the closest thing you will get to an f-car motor in a production car, and this dang thing is only 50k. To some folks this isnt a big deal. Those same folks are scratching their heads why ford didnt slap a blower on it and make 650hp+. I'm not one of those folks, 525 NA hp without having to displace 6-7L is absolutely amazing.
-Power delivery-Since the LS motors are larger, how they get power out is much more abrupt/violent than the coyote, especially the C6Z06. . Now I dont have the GT350 yet, so I cant comment, but I imagine its doing to behave very closely to the coyote, just on steroids. This is also the same reason a lot of people might prefer the base C7 (or C6 grandsport), since the smaller, slightly less powerful mill can be better tamed. Now it may not appease the bench racers, but again, I am not one of those folks, I am the one out there enjoying the car, not some internet stig
-Feel- I just could not get into the steering/shifter/clutch pedal feel, they were all very much sedated and ambiguous, I hated it. At least for the C6, I have not bothered with the C7 since it is not radically different than the C6 (minus the styling of course)

Like I said, different folks, different strokes :shrug:. There is more than 1 way to skin a cat and more than 1 way to go fast and enjoy yourself

Well said. 100% agree. I can't see how someone could argue this but someone inevitably will. It is your subjective point of view and it happens to fall into line with mine. I like the high revving v8. Its the reason I never owned a v8 prior to the coyote and instead drove around a Honda. Sure it was by no means fast but I loved the nimbleness and that 8K+ redline. 99.9% of my driving is done on the street not a racetrack. There is no competitive racing, just competitive talking online or in a parking lot about what the car could do given the right driver and environment.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Hot blooded fellow,

u gotta read before responding, i said zo6 not zr1! And you can turbo or upgrade the sc on any car. We are talking about stock cars!

Bro it is rather simple math. C7 ownz the C6..

You are stuck on HORSEPOWER and not even considering the chassis development between generations. The Z51 will OUT HANDLE the C6.

That^ is all anyone cares about
. If for somehow your hairstyle requires you to need moAr horsepower, to push the outer limits of the C7 Chassis, then seek aftermarket. But no amount of C6 Z06 will matter in 2015.

We know you can mod any car... you fail to see the C7 as a good starting point. Which is tell-tale of your troll.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Bro it is rather simple math. C7 ownz the C6..

You are stuck on HORSEPOWER and not even considering the chassis development between generations. The Z51 will OUT HANDLE the C6.

That^ is all anyone cares about
. If for somehow your hairstyle requires you to need moAr horsepower, to push the outer limits of the C7 Chassis, then seek aftermarket. But no amount of C6 Z06 will matter in 2015.

We know you can mod any car... you fail to see the C7 as a good starting point. Which is tell-tale of your troll.
You know that we are not talking about a normal C6 lt1 corvette right? Its the C6 ZO6. Check out the link below for reference. These are all stock cars.Why is it really that hard to admit it i don't get it. C7 lt is an amazing car even the C7 Z51, but the old C6 Zo6 is definitely faster than the current regular (C7 lt, C7 Z51) vette. However, the C7 Z06 is the best production and fastest vette up to date.

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow_springs_-_streets_of_willow.html

Last edited:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
You know that we are not talking about a normal C6 lt1 corvette right? Its the C6 ZO6. Check out the link below for reference. These are all stock cars.Why is it really that hard to admit it i don't get it. C7 lt is an amazing car even the C7 Z51, but the old C6 Zo6 is definitely faster than the current regular (C7 lt, C7 Z51) vette. However, the C7 Z06 is the best production and fastest vette up to date.

Once again simple math...

The C6 Z06 is not going to out handle a C7 (w/Z51), sorry...!
Secondly, nobody is going to buy as used C6, over a GT350. When they can just buy a new Z51 if they have a hard-on for the Vette.

If it is such a debate with you (and obviously nobody else), why are you not jumping all over that late model ZR1 then..?

Why are my friends thinking about selling their vettes in anticipation of the GT350..?

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the new vette. Don't care so much for it's current styling, but that takes nothing away from piloting it. But the GT350 is near it's weight and has an exotic 5.2 FPC and revs past 8,000rpms...

It is also only $55k.. and I can easily add a CF drive shaft and other performance modifiers for very little extra. Coming in at the Stingray Z51 price.

Who wants to own a C6 again..? :lol:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

Check those times brah, the 2015 gtPP is only .01 seconds slower than the c6 z06 z07 package. That is with crappy 265s sport tires when the z06 is shod with huge damn near r-comps. The gt350 has waaay more horsepower, better brakes, bigger tires, magneride, more aero, and much more! The gt350 track pack is going to demolish the c6 z06 and the gt350r even more so with those carbon wheels, even more aero and less weight!!!

/bench racing
Sponsored