Sponsored

GT350 vs C6Z

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I can't believe this comparison hasn't been made yet, but why would you get a GT350 over a C6Z? Lets be objective and forget the brand fanboys.
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
No need to compare.

One is old and outdated and owned already by many here. The other howls to 8,000rpms and track focused and unreleased.

What is there to actually compare, the smells of the interior. I don't think I could sit in a C6 any longer, that is the reason they made a C7.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
The C6Z is a great car, with awesome performance numbers, but with handling that has always been more about raw grip than finesse. Didn't the GT500 get a better ranking an an older Motor Trend "best drivers car"'comparison?

I think the GT350 will have a more interesting engine, will be more useful with its back seats, looks better, and while it won't be as fast, I think it will be an great car to drive.

I'd actually prefer a C7 Z51 over the C6Z, due to all the improvements in the details like steering feel, balance, technology, and interior. But I still prefer the GT350 over the C7.

-T

OP
OP
L8APEX

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
No need to compare.

One is old and outdated and owned already by many here. The other howls to 8,000rpms and track focused and unreleased.
Ford is using GM's "outdated" technology on the GT350. The Z06 is lighter than the GT350 and has more torque than the GT350. The HUD is pretty nice, too.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Because some people just don't have any interest in owning a Corvette. The Corvette is a great performance car, no doubt, but personally it does nothing for me. It's that same for me with BMW. They make some great cars, but I have ZERO desire to ever own one.

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Because some people just don't have any interest in owning a Corvette. The Corvette is a great performance car, no doubt, but personally it does nothing for me. It's that same for me with BMW. They make some great cars, but I have ZERO desire to ever own one.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Careful though. That will get you labeled as not an unbiased open minded auto enthusiast here if you don't agree with someone's opinion *snicker*. It's ok to be biased.

The vette is a great car. But it's not a mustang. It's not my choice. It can't do some things my mustang can. I'm a single dad with a 4 year old girl. We travel to and from the beach. It's my daily driver. A vette would be a bit too impractical for me. But then again, the gt350, while I expect it to be a great car for its purpose, and I'll pee a little every time I see one, isn't for me. I'm a 1/4 mile guy. But HP, big torque and no turns. Not the gt350's cup of tea.

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
Ford is using GM's "outdated" technology on the GT350. The Z06 is lighter than the GT350 and has more torque than the GT350. The HUD is pretty nice, too.

Assume you are talking bout magna ride. Sorry to say it has been long gone from gm. It is now the best of Chinese suspension tech.

On again spec sheet internet bs. It is the sum of the parts. Not the individual parts. Lets see how they actually perform

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I already did this comparison on the gt350 thread. The c6 z06 is cheaper to own than a gt350 and gt350r right now, but it is used ofcourse.

I ve found online for 45 grand with only 16,000 miles on it. The engine has its own problems though. I also found a used zr1 for 55 grand really low miles. if you can get a reliable one the zo6 will be faster on the track than a gt350r.

The purpose of getting a gt350r is for track only, why not get a faster track car for less money? One more thing though, if you tip in $15,000 more on gt350r, then you can get a base z07 brand new!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
On paper the C6 is pretty good, but if I compare the last few Corvette generations to the C7, I would have to go with a C7. I think GM did a really great job on the styling of the C7. I think if I'm spending over $40 grand on a car I will have to be very thrilled about it. The GM engines don't do it for me, and the older gen Corvette styling is too bland.

OP
OP
L8APEX

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Assume you are talking bout magna ride. Sorry to say it has been long gone from gm. It is now the best of Chinese suspension tech.

On again spec sheet internet bs. It is the sum of the parts. Not the individual parts. Lets see how they actually perform

The Z06 is proven on both the track and on the streets. I drove a new 2013 Z06 with the carbon ceramics and that car was phenomenal. The GT350 is unknown and unproven at this point. The bar is set pretty high. I am interested in the results because I might buy one of the two.

Magnaride was on the C6Z and the technology predates Beijing West Industries ownership of Delphi.

Sponsored

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
The Z06 is proven on both the track and on the streets. I drove a new 2013 Z06 with the carbon ceramics and that car was phenomenal. The GT350 is unknown and unproven at this point. The bar is set pretty high. I am interested in the results because I might buy one of the two.

Magnaride was on the C6Z and the technology predates Beijing West Industries ownership of Delphi.

Agreed results is what matters not which Chinese technology version is employed

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

Sorry, I don't see any leaf springs, or pushrods on the GT350. How long ago did the C6 come out? (10 years ago?). I don't use HUDs, I have gauges in my face already.

The 7.0 liter also doesn't develop full TQ until nearly 5,000 rpms. For the money I would get the much newer and exotic GT350, over the 10 year old car with fading interior & cracked seats.

C7 a different story. (with a different price tag)

OP
OP
L8APEX

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Sorry, I don't see any leaf springs, or pushrods on the GT350. How long ago did the C6 come out? (10 years ago?). I don't use HUDs, I have gauges in my face already.

The 7.0 liter also doesn't develop full TQ until nearly 5,000 rpms. For the money I would get the much newer and exotic GT350, over the 10 year old car with fading interior & cracked seats.

C7 a different story. (with a different price tag)
Have you driven a Z06?

Nac79

NAC15GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Ford Mustang GT with PP
Low mileage ZO6! I would pick a ZR1 over a GT350R as well. Why pretend to own a sports car, when you can own a real one. No disrespect to the Shelby, but it ain't no Corvette. I own both brands, so take that for what it's worth .