Sponsored

The more I see the S650s, the more I know I've had my last Mustang for the foreseeable future

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Wish I could find a pic with the same color tone... both cars are Race Red. Anyway, all the black plastic in the too-big grill, the hood vent (which looks like my HEPA filter) the headlights and some awkward angles... This car is a no go. Even down on HP from my '18...
2018 vs 2024.jpg
Sponsored

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, MB A250 4Matic W177, Mazda MX-5 ND
The S550 is way more classic. The S650 is more aggressive looking, by the way red and convertible is always a difficult match on any car.

Red and S650 is a big no-no for me, but with other colors I like it very much.

Yours look lovely tough.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Ford is not interested in Mustang owners from the past, only the future. Because they're too stupid to understand that their past customers, should be their next customers too.

Unless they do something stupid. Like totally fuck up the design, alienating their core customers.

My local dealership has 137 new Mustangs sitting on their lots. Just sitting there.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
The S650 is meant to be a cool cruiser. Looks decent, and sounds decent. The S550 has a lot much more going for it. Although, the FP800S may actually be a solid performance option.

Lots of Ford employees go crazy over the S650s at the 7G forum. 🍿

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR Supra Matte Storm Gray Metallic
I'm not super crazy about the S650, however, I did see one in the flesh the other weekend and I will say that it does look a bit better in person than photos. I still wouldn't take one of my Mach 1 even in the Dark Horse trim especially after seeing numbers that elude my memory showing the Dark Horse was actually putting down less power than the Mach 1 as well.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
One drove past me the other day. Exhaust note sounds good, it was an active exhaust car, had the quad tips. White with the bronze package, from my local dealer, appeared to be a test drive or recent purchase as it still had the window stickers on it. Looked good coming at me, finally got to see one on the road (I’ve driven one as well). The headlight design actually threw me off for a second, that’s probably my biggest complaint with the exterior. I’m not a fan of the headlight design. That and the non-active GT’s only get single tips, I prefer the quad tip look.

I just keep coming back to the fact that it still exists with a V8 while GM and Mopar have bowed out (save for the Vette). So while some don’t like it, at least it survived and hopefully there’s a Shelby/Cobra variant coming soon 😎

OP
OP
SEAICE

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Ford is not interested in Mustang owners from the past, only the future. Because they're too stupid to understand that their past customers, should be their next customers too.

Unless they do something stupid. Like totally fuck up the design, alienating their core customers.

My local dealership has 137 new Mustangs sitting on their lots. Just sitting there.
I'm sure they'll start selling well eventually... To younger drivers and a few of us that will give in to newness, warranties and improved convenience, but for me, this breaks the chain...

Bman5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Mustang GT Premium (carbonized gray)
I just bought a leftover 2023 a few months ago. I considered the 2024 but the cost savings and overall looks available with the 2023 sealed the deal for me.

that being said, I just saw a 24 up close and in person and thought it looked much better in-person than in photos. One thing I still hate is that tacked-on looking dashboard e-gauge panel. I’m sure it wouldn’t have prevented me from buying a 24 but I definitely prefer the interior and exterior looks of my s550.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I'm just glad that I found a mach 1 in the spec I wanted. Once I saw the pics of the 650, I decided to go for a mach 1 while there was still a decent choice available.

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I assume your 2018 is modified? From the factory, it comes with a healthy 26 hp bump, which is unheard of these days, especially in an NA ICE engine, and especially in a V8.

That said, on the whole, I prefer our 550 gen, too, but I think the 650 gets a bit too much hate around here.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
but I think the 650 gets a bit too much hate around here.
I don't hate it, but I think the S550 is a much better looking car. I mean, let's face it, the looks of the car is a big part of why we bought a mustang in the first place.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I came up on a red convertible at a light over the weekend. I was in the M1 and my wife was in the car so I pointed out to her the new rear end with the tail lights and she said she didn’t like it. I know she’s used to my two cars but now that I seen it in person I would not just because of that.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Yeah, I agree, I don't completely hate it. But the couple of times I've seen it in the wild it's confused me a bit. It's recognizable as a Mustang but the front and side lines are weird. Kinda looks like somebody tried to make a Sema build and didn't get it quite right. My wife surprised me by commenting, unprompted by me, that she didn't like the "pinched down" rear.
I have yet to see the interior of one in person but don't really expect to like the screens. But I'm probably not the target audience for that either.
I will say that, having just spent $300 on a new APIM for a 14 y/o Edge, I'd be leary of them whether I liked them or not.

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 SCION xB, 2019 Mustang Gt
*sigh* the new s650 mustang has a bold style and the s550 has a aggressive style. I'd have to admit that there is a overuse of Grey plastics on the front and back and it doesn't look good with some colors. I know it's cheaper to make but these cars also cost more than our s550s. I believe what made the mustang great was it's value. Now Ford is trying to cash out on it being the only V8 pony car in production..
Sponsored