Switching from magneride to coilovers

Cris16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Has anyone with a 2018 or newer mustang with magneride switched to coilovers? Does it run good or does the car throw codes cause it doesn’t detect the magneride anymore?
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Just for my own curiosity and edumucation...why would someone go this route?

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Magnaride is amazing I would not get rid of it.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Just for my own curiosity and edumucation...why would someone go this route?
Well, its not entirely uncommon to swap in high dollar coilovers for very high performance handling applications. IDK if that's the case here. I certainly wouldn't toss the magnaride just to lower a car.

Magnaride is pretty magic, but at a certain level of performance, the driver may want more control over the tuning of the shocks, and retuning the magnaride is not trivial.

Sponsored

Scootsmcgreggor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost turned GT
You will be speed limited to 70mph without MR stimulators/emulators. I bought the Xineering ones and they've worked perfectly.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Well, its not entirely uncommon to swap in high dollar coilovers for very high performance handling applications. IDK if that's the case here. I certainly wouldn't toss the magnaride just to lower a car.

Magnaride is pretty magic, but at a certain level of performance, the driver may want more control over the tuning of the shocks, and retuning the magnaride is not trivial.
Not only that, even the best Magneride dampers (Shelby R models) are not physically able to act like an Ohlins (JRi, Penske, etc.) level damper on track. They work well on the street and high performance, but they don't have the architecture to create the force like a proper racing damper does. You have to go to the Tractives to get that level of performance, which is a significant spend.
Sponsored