corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Norm - they're not talking about P-Zero Nero. New PP1 cars have switched from PS4S to P-Zeros (both summer). Not sure what P Zeros get installed on those cars right now
According to Tire Rack's OE fitment data, they're not the PZ4 version, just the earlier P-Zero which wasn't such a great tire in the wet either (got beat out by the MPSS and the Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Position in most of the categories including the overall road and track rating). Decent-ish dry performance though.

Norm
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
The HPP Pirelli's are 80 treadwear and big tread blocks, so a complete summer tire. I haven't driven much in the rain, so no real opinion, but in the dry they have reasonable grip, but nothing spectacular. Having said that, they don't have near as much grip as a 200TW autoX tire, so it's telling the TW rating is so low on this one. Clearly, the only way they knew to make grip was a softer compound, rather than a better carcass construction. This really reduces tire life. Even with pretty tame driving habits and lots of freeway miles, I've pretty much burned them off in 13k miles.

A 200TW AutoX tire has more grip and a better feel with a similar overall tire life. A 'real' 80TW tire has much, much more grip than this with a shorter tire life.